Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A minor correction, and off topic, but in response to an earlier post : Brian
Banks was never offered a football scholarship at USC, "full ride" or otherwise.
It makes a good story, but it simply isn't true. The university sent out a letter
Of interest, one of hundreds or thousands, which is just a way for a school to
Let the athlete know that he is on their radar. That is it. Nothing more.
If you google it, you will find the scholarship story in full swing, everywhere
You look. It is still false, not matter how often it is repeated.
What is important is that he was poorly represented by a lawyer, falsely
Accused, and put away for 5 years, based on a pack of lies.
She also won something in the area of a million dollar settlement($750,000, according to reports) based on the same lies. She doesn't want to have to repay it, and so far, it sounds like she
Won't be held responsible for what amounts to theft.
They should nail her for perjury and theft. I hope she is held accountable.
I agree. She should go to jail, have to pay back what she was awarded, and should have to pay restitution to him for nearly destroying his life.

Lots to choose from. Here's one:

http://listverse.com/2010/01/12/10-convicts-presumed-innocent-after-execution/

BTW, I'd suggest that requiring a higher standard for innocence than guilt -- proven innocent, rather than a preponderance of evidence that satisfies reasonable doubt -- is unfair. Further to claim that no innocent person has ever been executed in the history of the US (or anywhere else) demands a faith in the infallibility of human judgement borne out nowhere else in human affairs.

regards,

I am not convinced because those cited cases did not officially exonerate the criminals.

In 2006, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia wrote that there has not been "a single case - not one - in which it is clear that a person was executed for a crime he did not commit. If such an event had occurred in recent years, we would not have to hunt for it; the innocent's name would be shouted from the rooftops."

Lots to choose from. Here's one:

http://listverse.com/2010/01/12/10-convicts-presumed-innocent-after-execution/

BTW, I'd suggest that requiring a higher standard for innocence than guilt -- proven innocent, rather than a preponderance of evidence that satisfies reasonable doubt -- is unfair. Further to claim that no innocent person has ever been executed in the history of the US (or anywhere else) demands a faith in the infallibility of human judgement borne out nowhere else in human affairs.

regards,

I am personally not convinced because those cited cases did not officially exonerate the criminals.

In 2006, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia wrote that there has not been "a single case - not one - in which it is clear that a person was executed for a crime he did not commit. If such an event had occurred in recent years, we would not have to hunt for it; the innocent's name would be shouted from the rooftops."

In California, we have close to 700 sitting on Death Row who will never be executed.

I am curious to see what doesn't add up. For me, this is one of the most clear cut cases on here just going by what we do know. Connected to violent crimes against women in the past, in the immediate area during the abduction, his and her DNA in significant places for not explainable reason, he had the time and knowledge to dispose of a body, etc. Of course, I know that isn't enough to throw him in jail and throw away the key, but I am curious to see what others thoughts are about why it doesn't add up. Is the argument that maybe she knew him and that explains the DNA in strange places?
I think some are reluctant to believe that a young, seemingly normal/average looking guy, who also appears to be on the lower end of the IQ spectrum, could be responsible for this crime as well as the previous crimes he has been linked to. He's not the "usual suspect" (i.e., sweaty older guy in child molestor van vs. young guy driving a Jetta).

However, everything absolutely DOES add up in this case, even w/out the information obviously being withheld by LE. I think they would just like to locate the body to remove any inkling of doubt at trial and for closure for the family as well as the community.

I am personally not convinced because those cited cases did not officially exonerate the criminals.

In California, we have close to 700 sitting on Death Row who will never be executed.

What else would Scalia say? :seeya:

Anyway, this is a debate that won't be resolved here. I have no doubt that in this case more and more compelling evidence will be released at trial and that this is the guilty party. I hope, but don't expect, that he'll say where he put Sierra's body -- as with the case of Susan Powell, he may not.

regards,

s

Could the discussion about executions and other imprisoned/released/exonerated people be moved to it's own thread? I come here to read about Sierra and hate having to weed thru all the unrelated posts every day. Seems like the other discussion would make a great thread in the jury room.

Thank you for that research. This creek runs from behind the house he grew up on Llagas road all the way to the Chesboro reservoir LE is searching yesterday and today.

LE should be in that creek behind his old home if they have not already as I am assuming he knows it well. Probably walked it when he was younger.

7410100914_5859ab4418_m.jpg

I stopped this morning on San Martin ave. Just off freeway 101 and took this photo on the llagas creek bridge.
You can see how overgrown it is and my guess it is 10-12+ miles to the reservoir .. His old home "where he grew up is about 1/2 mile down the creek in this direction "North"
I think LE should be searching this creek all the way to the reservoir.
I do not see any marker tags indicating that they have. I do see those markers in other areas they have searched.

jmho

Tricia ..
It is really a pain to upload a photo on this web site these days.
I know you have good reason for that but a photo can speak a thousand words.
jmho

7410100914_5859ab4418_m.jpg

I stopped this morning on San Martin ave. Just off freeway 101 and took this photo on the llagas creek bridge.
You can see how overgrown it is and my guess it is 10-12+ miles to the reservoir .. His old home "where he grew up is about 1/2 mile down the creek in this direction "North"
I think LE should be searching this creek all the way to the reservoir.
I do not see any marker tags indicating that they have. I do see those markers in other areas they have searched.

jmho

It looks so weensy from the ground. Good idea. Especially areas close to roads - how far could he carry a body? I wonder how fast the water flows? Doesn't look fast moving. Septic tanks too. He probably knows this area very well.

It is june 20th. .. The water is still or very slowly moving. On March 16th it was moving but not a raging river by any means. A body put into this water would get caught up in the growth. It would never make it to the lake.mo.
He would probably sink the body into the undergrowth and root system along the side banks if he put her in this creek.

This has happened before.. J. Gardner got caught trying to do this to Chelsea King.

Most of the time a murderer is lazy. You will find the body within 100 yards of where the murderer pulled the victim from the car.
He is a big boy but A dead body is heavy. But he may have parked the car in a isolated spot and walked her alive to the spot where she was attacked and buried her there. If that happened.. she could be anyplace he was able to find enough privacy to park his vehicle without witness.
That is the thing that LE could have done better, by the time they showed the actual vehicle, memories fail. So we have no idea if he got onto the freeway. If they have a witness who had seen his vehicle parked anyplace I am not aware of it. It would for sure narrow down the search area if they did.
I wont search that creek until LE has stopped searching the lake and other spots relative as I do not want to interfere with their search.
That would not be a good thing..lol
I hope by putting the info here that they will go do it on their own.:seeya:
jmho

Cazador

(it didnt take my reply to request )

I'm not replying to this specifically, but am so glad to hear your dedication to fining Sierra. I wish I was closer.
So I've been wanting to find out if Bailey Ave has been searched, and if so, the eentire length. It weaves in and out of trees and this was a place I've been curious about for awhile. It appears quite private.
TIA!

A.G.-T. may not be book smart but being an outdoor person all of his life, he would have a great advantage when it comes to concealing his victim. Possibly he was so canny that he hid her within convenient range of the abduction in a spot that has eluded the searchers. I've wondered about the expense of driving a distance considering the high price of gas in California but if this is his first murder, he may have been willing to find money any which place in order to make certain she was not found.

This gave me a thought - if he paid for gas electronically they may be able to determine if he bought gas more frequently during that time. Like I mostly fill up my car every fortnight, occasionally I end back at the petrol station much quicker if I do a few longer drives as I have a very small triangle I travel in day to day, a few kms. It might be shaky info to base a search on but if there is evidence he drove many miles in a short period of time compared to normal, I guess it is better to know that than not.

If there's a smiley for a broken record :broken record: I could use it, ha, since I know I said this a few times, but for some reason my instinct tell me he placed her in a Safeway dumpster, and wished LE had used HR dogs to check.
I know it's been said that the dumpsters are monitored, but considering no one at the Safeway recognized him from the poster there - I don't but much faith in anyone realizing what he might be doing..

Cazador

(it didnt take my reply to request )

I'm not replying to this specifically, but am so glad to hear your dedication to fining Sierra. I wish I was closer.
So I've been wanting to find out if Bailey Ave has been searched, and if so, the eentire length. It weaves in and out of trees and this was a place I've been curious about for awhile. It appears quite private.
TIA!

Without being specific the answer is .. yes
We had 4000 volunteer searchers in the first week and they covered quite a bit of ground. Many places searched more then once and will be again if needed.

If there's a smiley for a broken record :broken record: I could use it, ha, since I know I said this a few times, but for some reason my instinct tell me he placed her in a Safeway dumpster, and wished LE had used HR dogs to check.
I know it's been said that the dumpsters are monitored, but considering no one at the Safeway recognized him from the poster there - I don't but much faith in anyone realizing what he might be doing..

OldSteve, this whole Safeway connection has been bugging me. He certainly seems to have a strange attachment and history with that store. The very first thought that came to my mind when I heard about the whole Safeway connection was "freezers." I can't translate that thought in to any logic though. Based on all the LE activity, the waterways still seem the most probable location. Still.....

I don't see Safeway being in the picture re: Sierra...aren't there cameras around there? I know he did some stupid stuff there but to return with a body when there are, unfortunately, way too many places to hide one without fear of being seen?

I don't see Safeway being in the picture re: Sierra...aren't there cameras around there? I know he did some stupid stuff there but to return with a body when there are, unfortunately, way too many places to hide one without fear of being seen?

There are cameras... but this is a strange dude - I don't get the Juicy bag being where it was with the cats...outside instead of inside the shed..

Considering all the effort with water searches; checking with HR dogs around the Safeway seems something to do ( though maybe too late by now) ...

OldSteve, this whole Safeway connection has been bugging me. He certainly seems to have a strange attachment and history with that store. The very first thought that came to my mind when I heard about the whole Safeway connection was "freezers." I can't translate that thought in to any logic though. Based on all the LE activity, the waterways still seem the most probable location. Still.....

Good points! Did not think of freezer, and while cannot remember names, I do remember cases where a victim was placed in freezer for preservation and sick revisiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc