Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. But he doesn't live in a motel NOW which is being said here. He moved more than 6 months ago according to this:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8587864
He says he is innocent of any crime and pled guilty based on bad legal advice, but is still officially a sex offender. The address currently listed for LaMar on Megan's Law website is a Motel 6 - LaMar hasn't lived there for at least the past six months.

I might be late in posting this..I am still trying to catch up.
But if he DID still live there six months ago, and Sierra moved with mom and mom's BF in October, about 5 months ago, then he was still living at the Motel 6 when she visited/lived with him last year!
Or am I doing the math wrong?

If a perp planned it, why wouldn't he bring a garbage bag to have her drop them in, to be thrown in a dumpster across town or store's dumpster behind a mall, something like that?

I am confounded by the idea of perps who leave behind evidence scattered
on well travelled roadways in plain sight.

For the reasons Katydid23 said. No cameras. It was out in the middle of nowhere. He would have had to possibly detour or change his route just to find a dumpster.

I might be late in posting this..I am still trying to catch up.
But if he DID still live there six months ago, and Sierra moved with mom and mom's BF in October, about 5 months ago, then he was still living at the Motel 6 when she visited/lived with him last year!
Or am I doing the math wrong?

The quote said "at least 6 months" he hasn't lived in the motel. That could be around Sept. or so or even before. We just don't know. I hate math!

For the reasons Katydid23 said. No cameras. It was out in the middle of nowhere. He would have had to possibly detour or change his route just to find a dumpster.

I used to work in a large shopping center and there were no video cameras back there where the dumpsters were.

A perp who was planning would already have an idea in mind of where he planned to place anything that needed getting rid of.

Both items mentioned, the cellphone and bag were found at intersections.
I found that significant.

My understanding was it was not as remote as you might think.

Still, one stop should have yielded all extraneous items.
I don't understand the theory behind dropping this off here and that off there,
I guess.

I just don't know what to think...she had only lived in that house a matter of some months, which is kind of short for stalker(s), IMO...I think it was someone she knew or thought she knew, but turned out to be a not so friendly pick-up/ride after all.

I think the clothes would remain folded if the bag was basically the same size as the items inside it, i.e not a lot of open space inside for things to fly about when tossed. But since we don't know much about the bag...hard to say.

Really hoping LE will have more info about what items are missing from her home tomorrow, i.e specifics on clothing and a purse. People need to know what to be looking out for.

I used to work in a large shopping center and there were no video cameras back there where the dumpsters were.

A perp who was planning would already have an idea in mind of where he planned to place anything that needed getting rid of.

I guess.

I agree that it makes no rational sense. But creepers who steal kids are not always rational or even very intelligent.

Holly Bobo was taken at 7 am from her driveway too. And for some reason her cell phone was thrown out the window on some frontage road, and then her packed lunch that she was carrying for school was found on another road, in a different area. It made no sense because the guy would have had to be driving all around in the area where LE was looking for her already. But he did it anyway for some reason. And it worked because a year later and they have no idea where she was taken.

I just don't know what to think...she had only lived in that house a matter of some months, which is kind of short for stalker(s), IMO...I think it was someone she knew or thought she knew, but turned out to be a not so friendly pick-up/ride after all.

I think the clothes would remain folded if the bag was basically the same size as the items inside it, i.e not a lot of open space inside for things to fly about when tossed. But since we don't know much about the bag...hard to say.

Really hoping LE will have more info about what items are missing from her home tomorrow, i.e specifics on clothing and a purse. People need to know what to be looking out for.

She lived there for 6 months. She walked alone every weekday morning for six months, from her cul de sac to that bus stop, and sat there alone waiting for the bus. I think that is plenty of time to attract a stalker, unfortunately.

I guess.

Stopping indicates getting out for the vehicle and leaving the victim alone while disposal is taking place. Not a good idea. Easier to just toss out the window as you drive. JMO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html
Aired March 20, 2012

MCCOLLUM: No question about it. And not only that, they need to start expanding that search away from that cell phone, not just in that area. This person clearly had a car. This person -- if the dog lost the scent at the end of her driveway and he drove a mile and got rid of her cell phone, that means he got rid of that cell phone within the first two minutes of having her in that vehicle.

This is an experienced person.

McCollum is Sherryl MCollum Director, Cold Case Investigative Research Institute

I agree that it makes no rational sense. But creepers who steal kids are not always rational or even very intelligent.

Holly Bobo was taken at 7 am from her driveway too. And for some reason her cell phone was thrown out the window on some frontage road, and then her packed lunch that she was carrying for school was found on another road, in a different area. It made no sense because the guy would have had to be driving all around in the area where LE was looking for her already. But he did it anyway for some reason. And it worked because a year later and they have no idea where she was taken.

I am very familiar with her case.
It was determined that those items were most likely planted.

These items also seem to have indications of having been planted, so far.
It seems hard to believe that something as small as a cellphone 20-30 feet
off a road at an intersection would have been found a full day before a pink and black bag placed right beside the road, don't you think! Especially just blocks away on the same stretch of road.

Were they placed at different times?

Again, it seems very unlikely, to me, that a designer bag remained by the side of the road from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon.

Actually, it was 2009 that he was charged for three victims. I am not saying he was guilty of this kidnapping, but I do have some questions about this.

He was charged with 12 felony counts for three young victims in 2009. So how the heck did he have custody of his two daughters after the divorce?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-Lamar-reveals-registered-sex-offender.html

'I understand the stigma associated with this in my background, and I assure everyone it is not connected in any way to my daughter's disappearance,' Steve Lamar said in a statement to the San Fransisco Chronicle.
According to court records, he was charged in March 2009 with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children younger than 14.
I had asked a similar question in the first thread. I understand the father has been cleared but I could not understand how he could be trusted with even his daughters. I do not mean to sound harsh. It is hard for me just to dismiss my hinky meter on this issue but I feel like I should because the way it appears from what LE says SL is a victim too. IMHO

I am very familiar with her case.
It was determined that those items were most likely planted.

These items also seem to have indications of having been planted, so far.
It seems hard to believe that something as small as a cellphone 20-30 feet
off a road at an intersection would have been found a full day before a pink and black bag placed right beside the road, don't you think! Especially just blocks away on the same stretch of road.

Were they placed at different times?

They found the cell phone because the battery was still intact and they pinged it, apparently. So they found that very fast.

The bag, imo, may have been placed there later on sometime. Maybe late saturday night?

All of this new information has me bamboozled.It reminds me too much of the Holly Bobo case.Leaving evidence here and there.I really don't know what to think now.I am almost sure not a runaway,she might ditch her phone not to be tracked,but no reason to ditch the
handbag or her clothes.

They found the cell phone because the battery was still intact and they pinged it, apparently. So they found that very fast.

The bag, imo, may have been placed there later on sometime. Maybe late saturday night?

I totally agree. But, again, it was at an intersection. Depending on the other condition of the phone, it should have been easy to determine if it
had been tossed at travelling speed or not. I'm going with NOT.
Because it was at an intersection, and it was found with the battery still intact and not a shattered phone, that it may have been placed there.

Then at some point in the earlier hours prior to Sunday at 1pm the bag was PLACED by the side of the road where clothes were undisturbed at an intersection from the passenger side of the car or truck. Most likely from merely leaning out the open door closing it and driving away.

I totally agree. But, again, it was at an intersection. Depending on the other condition of the phone, it should have been easy to determine if it
Because it was at an intersection, and it was found with the battery still intact and not a shattered phone, that it may have been placed there.

Then at some point in the earlier hours prior to Sunday at 1pm the bag was PLACED by the side of the road where clothes were undisturbed at an intersection from the passenger side of the car.

But the phone was found in a field, 20 feet out, and within two minutes of her last text. So it had to be thrown out of the car, imo. And if it landed on a grassy field it might not shatter. I just don't think anyone could have stopped alongside a busy road and walked into the fiel 20 feet, within 2 minutes of picking her up.

The bag, I agree. It was likely placed there and later as a staging device.

Then at some point in the earlier hours prior to Sunday at 1pm the bag was PLACED by the side of the road where clothes were undisturbed at an intersection from the passenger side of the car.

Wouldn't that be stupid for a perp to place them there on two different days.Or are we now talking about a serial killer who likes to taunt LE.?

Two things... no one around here uses the term "purse". Normally bag, or handbag or whatever. And a bag can be anything from something that holds your ID and credit card to upwards of something that can hold a change of clothes and text books or diapers and bottles or whatever. So, I don't think the word "purse" on it's own defines what size the bag with her clothes was found in.

Second... this is a very busy traffic area. IBM has a big office on Bailey, and I am betting 7:15am ish is busy drive time into that area.

But the phone was found in a field, 20 feet out, and within two minutes of her last text. So it had to be thrown out of the car, imo. And if it landed on a grassy field it might not shatter. I just don't think anyone could have stopped alongside a busy road and walked into the fiel 20 feet, within 2 minutes of picking her up.

The bag, I agree. It was likely placed there and later as a staging device.

BBM. I disagree. The items were found about 1 p.m. Sunday, in a rural area north of town, near the intersection of Santa Teresa Boulevard and Laguna Avenue, Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza said at a press conference near the site of the found items Thursday morning.

After the phone was found, the LE expanded their search area outward and found the bag on the same road.

The phone was scratched, wet and muddy. See NG transcript I keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme