Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the phone was found in a field, 20 feet out, and within two minutes of her last text. So it had to be thrown out of the car, imo. And if it landed on a grassy field it might not shatter. I just don't think anyone could have stopped alongside a busy road and walked into the fiel 20 feet, within 2 minutes of picking her up.

The bag, I agree. It was likely placed there and later as a staging device.

I think the phone was found on Saturday. We don't know WHEN the phone was tossed or placed there. We don't know when it was first pinged.

I just have the sense that someone darted to the location and put it there.
I say this because my co-worker recently knocked her phone off a desk and the battery fell right out!
She was worried she'd lost her pics she hadn't uploaded to her PC.
She popped it in again and it was fine.

Is this unusual? I don't know what impact one can withstand without the small plastic latch cracking or opening losing the contact with the battery,
thus rendering it unable to ping a GPS point.

So will have a missing girl with an RSO for a father.That just doesn't ring well with me.I wonder if he had any roommates ? I know he was cleared but what about friends he had hanging around.I would love to know more about his situation.

Two things... no one around here uses the term "purse". Normally bag, or handbag or whatever. And a bag can be anything from something that holds your ID and credit card to upwards of something that can hold a change of clothes and text books or diapers and bottles or whatever. So, I don't think the word "purse" on it's own defines what size the bag with her clothes was found in.

Second... this is a very busy traffic area. IBM has a big office on Bailey, and I am betting 7:15am ish is busy drive time into that area.

The only reason I think she was carrying something else, whatever you want to call it, is due to the lack of a brush, make-up, mirror, etc. in the bag that was found. Those items are as essential as a phone, any day.

Just curious, have we heard why the family moved from Fremont to MH? I just read Mom commutes to Fremont for work.

Of course I am not ML but as a mother from the area I would much rather raise my child in Morgan Hill than Fremont. When I drove by the house yesterday I was thinking what a nice street and a pretty house and the high school looks new and very nice also. Trying to put myself in ML's thinking I would think I would feel good about the area and commuting to Fremont is not that big of a deal. Trying to think as a 15 yo, a bit of a culture shock. No Morgan Hill is not that small and of course I did not see their residence in Fremont so I may be off base but Morgan Hill is quieter than what I have seen of Fremont. All my opinion only.

My husband commutes to Fremont every day, commuting in the Bay Area is not a big deal. Most people I know drive at least 30 - 45 mins or more each way. Morgan Hill is definitely an appealing area for lots of reasons.

Wouldn't that be stupid for a perp to place them there on two different days.Or are we now talking about a serial killer who likes to taunt LE.?

No more stupid than using them as a breadcrumb trail in the first place.
Is it?

I am leaning more toward a guy who's older than 18.
Statutory rape potential bf material.

Just because they knew what time to pick her up.
She didn't need a ride to school.
It seems amatuerish bait and switch.

I think she may have had teen angst.
Her situation with moving at that age, because of Mom's bf.
DAD!!

I can see her being talked into doing something stupid.
But, that's just my initial vibes.

But the phone was found in a field, 20 feet out, and within two minutes of her last text. So it had to be thrown out of the car, imo. And if it landed on a grassy field it might not shatter. I just don't think anyone could have stopped alongside a busy road and walked into the fiel 20 feet, within 2 minutes of picking her up.

The bag, I agree. It was likely placed there and later as a staging device.

Where are we getting that the phone was for sure dropped two minutes after leaving her house? My interpretation is that the place it was left is two minutes from her house but not necessarily that the timeline had been narrowed down so tightly.

Where are we getting that the phone was for sure dropped two minutes after leaving her house? My interpretation is that the place it was left is two minutes from her house but not necessarily that the timeline had been narrowed down so tightly.

That's my take also.

101 goes to the wrong side of the bay to get to Fremont but you can take it N and pick up either 680 or 880 and get to Fremont (depending on where she worked).
What does Mom do? It's a pretty hefty commute during commute times, true, lots do it in the bay area but it certainly takes its toll and with the ridiculous gas prices.... (4.38 a gallon). It's a little over 30 miles but those commutes can push an hour easily (depending on shifts worked/time of day).
That's a rough age to move a kid and have them switch schools. Wonder if there is more background here? Was Sierra happy about this?
If the bag is like the one I am thinking, even having it tossed would not cause the items to shift and unfold.
It is very possible that the bag could have been just a few feet off the road, depending on where, the grass makes for great cover and stuff is growing like crazy. If it was just sitting by the side of the road, there is no way it was there the whole time, way too many people drive that road. So... it was either slightly off the road and out of sight or it was placed there later.

Also have to wonder why if Mom is commuting up there daily why not keep her in the same school in Fremont? Most teens think the world is ending if you mention switching schools to them at that age.

I think the phone was found on Saturday. We don't know WHEN the phone was tossed or placed there. We don't know when it was first pinged.

I just have the sense that someone darted to the location and put it there.
I say this because my co-worker recently knocked her phone off a desk and the battery fell right out!
She was worried she'd lost her pics she hadn't uploaded to her PC.
She popped it in again and it was fine.

Is this unusual? I don't know what impact one can withstand without the small plastic latch cracking or opening losing the contact with the battery,
thus rendering it unable to ping a GPS point.

BBM

According to what has been posted here, the detective said that the phone was thrown into the field within two minutes of her going missing.

My husband commutes to Fremont every day, commuting in the Bay Area is not a big deal. Most people I know drive at least 30 - 45 mins or more each way. Morgan Hill is definitely an appealing area for lots of reasons.

My experience with Morgan Hill has been traffic gridlock, we always fly out of SJC or SFO.

I just can't wrap my mind around this being a random abduction. I know it happens, but it just seems so unlikely for this location.

My experience with Morgan Hill has been traffic gridlock, we always fly out of SJC or SFO.

I just can't wrap my mind around this being a random abduction. I know it happens, but it just seems so unlikely for this location.

LOL, yes 101 in the South Bay is ummm, a joy.

No, I agree, it wasn't someone just cruising along who decided to nab her.

Was her sister living with them in MH prior to starting Sac State?

If they have tracked the phone and it's pinging they may have evidence that it stayed the same place in the same mode since it's last use at 7:11 am. I think they can tell if it went on the road trip with them and then was thrown into the field that night. imo.

I think they KNOW that it was thrown out when they passed the field just minutes from the abduction. Would the abductor keep the phone in his car longer than necessary. Imo it was thrown out minutes after she was taken.

OMG. They spent an hour and a half at the next door neighbors yard? wow. It would not be surprising at all. She would feel comfortable getting into the car if that is what happened. imo

If they have tracked the phone and it's pinging they may have evidence that it stayed the same place in the same mode since it's last use at 7:11 am. I think they can tell if it went on the road trip with them and then was thrown into the field that night. imo.

I think they KNOW that it was thrown out when they passed the field just minutes from the abduction. Would the abductor keep the phone in his car longer than necessary. Imo it was thrown out minutes after she was taken.

If it's a perp, I always ask, why not drop those things in the beginning.
You don't want them in your vehicle, AT ALL.
Purse/bag tossed, phone right there at the jump!

If he took the phone with him on their little trip and came back later to throw it in the field, wouldnt that show in the ping map? I have to believe he would have thrown it out of his car at the first chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme