Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In forensic investigations, it is important to identify
whether urine stains found indoors are human urine stains or those
of household pets, such as dogs or cats. The uricase method, in
which the presence of uric acid is demonstrated by photometry after enzymatic digestion, has often been used to conveniently identify human urine stain"

http://library-resources.cqu.edu.au/JFS/PDF/vol_47/iss_3/JFS4730568.pdf

I bet if it's human urine they can even detect the approximate age and gender of the person as well. ~jmo

Playing catch up sorry, has anyone seen the report of "urine" being found on the clothing found in the backpack ?
Has this been confirmed, or is it rumor/ speculation ?
Thanks,
Mystic

From the presser:

Q: *inaudible* there might have been urine on the clothes?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: You know, the specific details as far as the condition of the clothing, if they were wet or if there was any urine on them, we are holding that information, that specific detail uh, confidential right now because of the investigation. So, we can't confirm that detail right now.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #2

In this pic http://p.twimg.com/AnMnW3bCAAAH6cW.jpg:large

if the strap across her shoulder is from the juicy bag, has the pink bag to the right of the photo been located?

Does this look like a black purse to anyone else?

An5OCWjCMAAittK.jpg

4:34 PM - 13 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

http://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh/status/179666837456433152

Where exactly was the purse found in relation to the cellphone? Can someone add it to the map?

The Juicy-brand bag was found at 1 p.m. Sunday, two days after Sierra went missing, though the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office waited until Thursday to release the information, saying they needed to confirm it was the teen's.
Inside the bag, found at Santa Teresa Boulevard and Laguna Avenue in Morgan Hill, was Sierra's neatly folded T-shirt and a pair of pants.
The bag was about a mile north on Santa Teresa from where police found her Samsung Galaxy cellphone Saturday.

View larger map

Sierra left her home the morning of March 16, less than a mile from where the phone was found, to walk to a bus stop. She never made it on the bus.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/cri...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

oh my gosh why am I still awake? Lots of sheds and stuff around there are old and not in use. I am sure some are but I think now that FBI is here they would be checked. My personal thoughts are it's clear that whatever happened ended in a getaway down Santa Teresa then who knows where.

I realize I am not a veteran sleuther, but I am the sister of a person who was missing and want to do anything I can to help Sierra and her family. I don't think talking to her family directly would be a good idea since my missing person experience did not end with a positive outcome. I will go back through there tomorrow, so if there are any photos or more info you guys want, let me know.

I did feel weird driving around her neighborhood today, but tried to remind myself that I wasn't trying to be a gawker, just trying to figure it out.

Thanks for investigating the area for us at WS!
And be careful!:seeya:

I hate to agree with NG (I really do) but to a large part of the country, that is an upscale neighborhood. The houses in my area top out at about $150K.

ETA: not that I really think it has anything to do with anything ;)

I think that's why people are trying to put it in perspective. California, and especially the Bay Area is so different than what most people know. There is very very little for less than 400,000 in these parts and 600,000-700,000 will get you a nice middle class home (again, by California standards). The cost of living here can be hard to wrap your head around, even when you live here, lol.

ETA-The reason that it MAY be important is that demographics and surroundings often play into sleuthing a case, so it's important in that sense to know what we're looking at.

From the presser:

Q: *inaudible* there might have been urine on the clothes?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: You know, the specific details as far as the condition of the clothing, if they were wet or if there was any urine on them, we are holding that information, that specific detail uh, confidential right now because of the investigation. So, we can't confirm that detail right now.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #2

Thank you, So in other words yes ......

I have a couple of opinions, one is an animal such as a dog came along and did their duty but I would be under the impression this is not the case due to the fact that LE is keeping it close to the vest.

Sierra could have wet herself due to being scared of the situtation at hand, or the perp urinated on her items after discarding them. I do not like either of these, if the perp did this it says alot to me in regards to the possible type of person we are dealing with here.
It is a complete act of vile disrespect and degrading of the victim.

Thank you :) So in other words yes ......

I have a couple of opinions, one is an animal such as a dog came along and did their duty but I would be under the impression this is not the case due to the fact that LE is keeping it close to the vest.

Sierra could have wet herself due to being scared of the situtation at hand, or the perp urinated on her items after discarding them. I do not like either of these, if the perp did this it says alot to me in regards to the possible type of person we are dealing with here.
Trying to remember, did this all come about from the word "secreted"? Or was there something else?

It does seem odd that LE would wait a week to do so much searching/forensics at the home...but then we've seen it before, so hard to say. I never understand why this is not being done the very first day, at the same time as active searches, but in both Lisa Irwin's case and Ayla Reynold's, it seems it was weeks or longer before LE actually tore the house apart seeking clues. JMO
Thanks, Clu, for tis post.
I am no expert in LE, so there must be legitimate reasons.
But in my logic, the place to start searching is at the place where the missing live. Then branch out.

Thanks, Clu, for tis post.
I am no expert in LE, so there must be legitimate reasons.
But in my logic, the place to start searching is at the place where the missing live. Then branch out.
Yeah, unless you have evidence clearly pointing somewhere else that's generally the plan.

Thank you, So in other words yes ......

Wow, I totally missed this yesterday in that PC. Good catch mysticrose!!

So this explains why they found the purse Sunday, but did not disclose that fact until after they ran lab tests. LE stated this in a media report, but I can't find it right now.

This would also explain why Marlene may be speaking of Sierra in past tense. If there is urine, perhaps even blood on that clothing ... Come to think of it, is this why LE is now saying they are looking for a "weapon" among other things?

Somehow I get very little sense of this girl's real identity. The tumblr and twitter garbage gets in the way... I would like to know,for example, if she was,say, clever. And creative ?

The problem with a scenario in which she planned to leave with someone is the items that were tossed. If she consented to having them tossed, IMO, it sounds like she was not planning on coming back. Someone could have promised her a new phone..New bag...

Wonder if there were any latents on either the phone or the bag ?

Looks to come down to someone from on or near the ciul de sac. Or a relative of mom or dad. Why she was taken could be interesting too...MOO

In regards to why it took so long....
SCSO works a very large area and is responsible for a county that has 1,700,000 plus people. Unfortunately with that size comes hoards of runaways daily, a ton of habituals, mixed in with all the other crime crimes of rape, robbery, murder, etc. Almost all of the missing person reports that come through that office are runaways and return home on their own. Sadly, until they found the phone and bag, she looked like one of those. There just aren't enough investigators.

I think that's why people are trying to put it in perspective. California, and especially the Bay Area is so different than what most people know. There is very very little for less than 400,000 in these parts and 600,000-700,000 will get you a nice middle class home (again, by California standards). The cost of living here can be hard to wrap your head around, even when you live here, lol.

ETA-The reason that it MAY be important is that demographics and surroundings often play into sleuthing a case, so it's important in that sense to know what we're looking at.

Small note: The demographics info. may be important to this specific case because it may help lead to the reason why mom, Sierra, and BF moved from Fremont to Morgan Hills.
Moving a well ingrained high school student to another school can be stress inducing the the student.
MOO

Notice: she wears the colors blue and gray all the time..... blue and gray are the colors for the Surenos gang. They commonly wear San Jose Sharks shirts to identify themselves.

On her twitter, she mentions several times she is considering getting a new 'crew' neck Bulls shirt, which is Red. Red is the color of the Nortenos gang.
http://nortenos-14.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOBIsWdgrsQ
This guy is entertaining, but you get the idea..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijdp5iTeKaU

Just an observation.

Trying to remember, did this all come about from the word "secreted"? Or was there something else?
No, it came from a reporter's question about "urine" and the bag (or clothes), in the presser...and spokesperson basically said "no comment".

Someone posted an excerpt of that presser upthread. :)

Small note: The demographics info. may be important to this specific case because it may help lead to the reason why mom, Sierra, and BF moved from Fremont to Morgan Hills.
Moving a well ingrained high school student to another school can be stress inducing the the student.
MOO

Unless her mom believed the stress of being in Fremont was more than the stress of moving ? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72