Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this was a random abduction. I think it's someone Sierra knew in some way. Has anyone seen any neighbors interviewed at all ? It's hard to believe no one saw a car or something that morning ?

I live on at the end of a culdesac and we are generally very observant of who is coming and going. If it's a car that doesn't belong to one of the families here.... You'll see all the neighbors eyeing it as if to say "Who are you and why are you here?" I don't think it's a matter of being nosey, it just seems to be the nature of small dead end streets. We get hardly any traffic and the traffic we do get ... we know who it is.

I, too, live on a cul-de-sac but I think it really depends on how the houses are set up, how many people on the street work, what time of day things happen. The front of my house is kitchen and living room. At 7 am I'd be in the back of the house in the bedroom or getting ready for work so wouldn't likely see anything going on. If it was later in the afternoon I'd be more likely to see things happening out front as I'd be in the LR or kitchen making dinner.

IIRC he served the time in 2009 and the molestation happened from 1999-2004. 3 different teens. 12 counts overall. plead guilty to 1.

I'm confused ... can someone post where the three different teens information came from (not that I'm doubting you - you're the second person to reference it was three girls not one) ? Everything I've read indicated one girl, 12 charges.

It seems really odd to me that someone would be charged of molesting THREE girls over that long of a span, with 12 charges and would allowed to plead guilty to only one charge and serve a year for it ?

I don't think she was taken from inside her house. All signs seem to point to her having left the house, carrying her things, dogs picked up her scent at end of driveway. I think it is pretty clear she got into a vehicle. Would she, I wonder, get into a car if some other students had called her and offered her a ride, even if they were not her friends? If they pretended to want to be friends? Maybe they said, bring some other clothes, we'll ditch school, do something fun, for example.

But then, LE said her phone log was not helpful...so maybe they just showed up?

I, too, live on a cul-de-sac but I think it really depends on how the houses are set up, how many people on the street work, what time of day things happen. The front of my house is kitchen and living room. At 7 am I'd be in the back of the house in the bedroom or getting ready for work so wouldn't likely see anything going on. If it was later in the afternoon I'd be more likely to see things happening out front as I'd be in the LR or kitchen making dinner.

I agree, but I just think it would be likely that someone else would be coming / going at that time and may have seen SOMETHING.

Heck at that time I'd be asleep and not see or hear a thing, but I know several of the neighbors would be getting ready and leaving for work at that time.

I'm confused ... can someone post where the three different teens information came from (not that I'm doubting you - you're the second person to reference it was three girls not one) ? Everything I've read indicated one girl, 12 charges.

It seems really odd to me that someone would be charged of molesting THREE girls over that long of a span, with 12 charges and would allowed to plead guilty to only one charge and serve a year for it ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-Lamar-reveals-registered-sex-offender.html

'I understand the stigma associated with this in my background, and I assure everyone it is not connected in any way to my daughter's disappearance,' Steve Lamar said in a statement to the San Fransisco Chronicle.
According to court records, he was charged in March 2009 with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children younger than 14.

I agree Katy. I think they were in the bag by her more than likely.

You know off topic but I just read an article last night about Christa Pike. She's on death row for murdering another female at the age of 18. (don't want to delve to deeply into her because her recent news doesn't pertain to what we are talking about with Sierra).

Then last night I was laying in bed and thinking and remembered Shanda.

So, I still think there's a chance that Sierra may have been set up, and it's still possible it was jealous girls. She stunningly beautiful, she social, I can easily see the green eyed monster rearing it's ugly head about her.

Just a suggestion. I don't have any clue what has happened to Sierra but I do think something more than likely untoward has happened to her. Makes me sad. Very sad.

(OT: I won't be online very much for the next 10 days or so, I might be able to check in but won't be able to much because we have one of our kids coming in for a visit---:))

I think it's very possible that it was a set up by someone jealous. She's new to town, someones boyfriend takes a liking to her, they don't like that, make 'friends' with her and plan something. Maybe she was expecting to go to a sleepover or something and hadn't told her mum. Maybe mum wouldn't approve of her new 'friends' so she was putting off asking her.
Although I don't primarily think this is what happened I don't think it can be ruled out either.

If she was abducted from the house then I could see her still being in her pyjamas but that wouldn't make sense if she had her bag and phone with her. Unless the bag and phone were grabbed to make it look like she'd left as usual. Maybe whoever took her was invited into the house and actually put her clothes in her bag to make it look like she was planning on going somewhere. But then why dump the bag?

I can't help but think there's a logical explanation as to why there were clothes in her bag, and they were spare clothes for something. The thing that concerns me most is that there was no wallet but maybe the perp took that out so the bag could not be identified as hers. But then the phone was found....

Aaaaaaarggghhh too many unanswered questions :banghead:

I wasn't meaning she left the house in her pajamas (although I suppose if kidnapped from the house it is possible) I just meant that it was stated in an earlier article that the time her mother last saw her was earlier that morning and Sierra was still in her pajamas. Therefore, if no one else saw her leaving the house we can't be sure exactly which clothes she was wearing that day... could of been the ones in the bag or could of been different ones

At this point I agree that the clothes were probably a spare for something... hmm so frustrating!!

I don't think she was taken from inside her house. All signs seem to point to her having left the house, carrying her things, dogs picked up her scent at end of driveway. I think it is pretty clear she got into a vehicle. Would she, I wonder, get into a car if some other students had called her and offered her a ride, even if they were not her friends? If they pretended to want to be friends? Maybe they said, bring some other clothes, we'll ditch school, do something fun, for example.

But then, LE said her phone log was not helpful...so maybe they just showed up?

My DD used to do that at this age. Her older friends would drive by the bus stop and pick her up and off they would go. Drove me NUTS! Luckily they were not meaning to harm her, but they did have not so great an influence in some ways. Being seniors they usually wanted to go to the beach instead of school.

Sierra lived just off the Monterey Highway, which is a straight line to the coast. I could believe her thinking she was going off for a fun day with some new friends, who had ulterior motives.

another snip:

:eek:

Nothing else was found in the purse - not even makeup, a wallet or hair brush, Cardoza said.

no wonder they are looking for her other belongings :eek: (they said that today in the presser)

and where were her books???

maybe someone already mentioned this - but Santa Cruz (the beach) is only about 20 minutes directly west over the Santa Cruz Mtns. The fact that she had a folded change of clothes and nothing else in her purse, sounds JUST like what me and my friends did when we played hookey from school and went straight to the beach in the morning instead of school. (we couldn't bring a towel, too obvious). We just had our bathing suits on under our clothes when we walked out of the house.......unfortunately, I had a friend who was abducted, murderded, and her body dumped in the Santa Cruz Mtns. This was years ago and the guy was caught and put in prison.

Could she have carried a smaller purse with her make-up and things, and the bag that was found was for her clothes? Doesn't explain why that bag was tossed, but it could explain why nothing else was in it. Maybe the smaller purse has yet to be found.

I would think it would be a long time passed for retaliation ? The conviction was in 2007. Reportedly 12 charges were made (with one girl) and he plead guilty to one. It was reported that it was a friend of his older daughter's (I can't find that link now, but I know it's been posted).

It has been stated by LE that SL's mother, father and the mother's boyfriend have all been CLEARED and have alibi's for the morning she went missing.

I'd love to hear about the events of the day before? Who saw Sierra, when, how was she acting?

Thanks, obviously I did not know how old the charges were, which was why I asked. I did not think her Father had something to do with her disappearance, rather someone who could have been linked to him.

maybe someone already mentioned this - but Santa Cruz (the beach) is only about 20 minutes directly west over the Santa Cruz Mtns. The fact that she had a folded change of clothes and nothing else in her purse, sounds JUST like what me and my friends did when we played hookey from school and went straight to the beach in the morning instead of school. (we couldn't bring a towel, too obvious). We just had our bathing suits on under our clothes when we walked out of the house.......unfortunately, I had a friend who was abducted, murderded, and her body dumped in the Santa Cruz Mtns. This was years ago and the guy was caught and put in prison.

I posted the same thing right above your post. We live 12 miles from Malibu Beach. My kids skipped many a Friday when they were in high school. Friday was called Ditch-Day and it drove my crazy. but of course I did the same thing by sneaking off to Santa Cruz at their age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-Lamar-reveals-registered-sex-offender.html

'I understand the stigma associated with this in my background, and I assure everyone it is not connected in any way to my daughter's disappearance,' Steve Lamar said in a statement to the San Fransisco Chronicle.
According to court records, he was charged in March 2009 with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children younger than 14.

Hmmm. :waitasec: Bad reporting going on somewhere. Not that it matters to this case specifically, but it would be helpful to know WHEN he was convicted / and it if was ONE or THREE girls to see if this could be a retaliation thing.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Missing-Morgan-Hill-girl-s-dad-is-a-sex-offender/-/5738758/9640016/-/15tmpcgz/-/index.html
Steve Lamar was convicted of lewd acts with a child younger than 14 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46812145/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/t/sierra-lamars-dad-talks-about-sex-conviction/#.T2uX-dWwUQs
The offense against Steve LaMar on the Megan's Law website is listed as "lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8587864
We learned late Monday night that Sierra's father, Steven LaMar, is a convicted sex offender; convicted in 2007 of lewd or lascivious acts with a girl under the age of 14. ..... He spent eight months in Alameda County Jail.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
According to court documents, LaMar pleaded no contest to one count of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child under 14 in 2009 and is currently on probation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL&tsp=1

Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

None of the three children was his daughter, documents show.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL#ixzz1psq27n4z

I don't have time to transcribe the presser. If we have a transcriber here that would be amazing. I have to leave shortly or else I would do it myself.

I wasn't meaning she left the house in her pajamas (although I suppose if kidnapped from the house it is possible) I just meant that it was stated in an earlier article that the time her mother last saw her was earlier that morning and Sierra was still in her pajamas. Therefore, if no one else saw her leaving the house we can't be sure exactly which clothes she was wearing that day... could of been the ones in the bag or could of been different ones

At this point I agree that the clothes were probably a spare for something... hmm so frustrating!!

Yeah sorry that didn't come across right. I realised you wasn't implying that but thought it was worth exploring.

I think if the clothes had been worn it would have been obvious. 1, because of the underwear and 2, I just cannot see the perp neatly folding up her clothes in the bag and then disposing of it. The phone was seemingly thrown from a car IMO the bag was probably thrown from a car

Thanks, obviously I did not know how old the charges were, which was why I asked. I did not think her Father had something to do with her disappearance, rather someone who could have been linked to him.

Actually, it was 2009 that he was charged for three victims. I am not saying he was guilty of this kidnapping, but I do have some questions about this.

He was charged with 12 felony counts for three young victims in 2009. So how the heck did he have custody of his two daughters after the divorce?

Did her father have legal custody, or did Sierra just live with him to attend her school?

Hmmm. :waitasec: Bad reporting going on somewhere. Not that it matters to this case specifically, but it would be helpful to know WHEN he was convicted / and it if was ONE or THREE girls to see if this could be a retaliation thing.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Missing-Morgan-Hill-girl-s-dad-is-a-sex-offender/-/5738758/9640016/-/15tmpcgz/-/index.html
Steve Lamar was convicted of lewd acts with a child younger than 14 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46812145/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/t/sierra-lamars-dad-talks-about-sex-conviction/#.T2uX-dWwUQs
The offense against Steve LaMar on the Megan's Law website is listed as "lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8587864
We learned late Monday night that Sierra's father, Steven LaMar, is a convicted sex offender; convicted in 2007 of lewd or lascivious acts with a girl under the age of 14. ..... He spent eight months in Alameda County Jail.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
According to court documents, LaMar pleaded no contest to one count of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child under 14 in 2009 and is currently on probation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

It is hard for me to believe that it could have been THREE victims, even though some have reported so. How would he only do 8 months if it were three little girls. [ Even though it often is that light of a sentence.]

But I do not get why he had custody of his two daughters after this history of felonious sexual abuse of minors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member