Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there is a hearing today at 1:30pm, eh? 1/2 hour to go... anyone "listening" to "something"??

Please share! :D

@Niner if I find something will post

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Hopefully news will cover it today

and just got a Google Alert on Sierra - thought I'd post it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...ra-lamar-attorneys-go-over-dna-evidence-month

Sierra LaMar: Attorneys go over DNA evidence a month before start of alleged killer's death-penalty trial

SAN JOSE -- Attorneys for Antolin Garcia Torres, charged in the 2012 kidnapping and presumed killing of South County teen Sierra LaMar, appeared in court Thursday to discuss a handoff of DNA evidence from prosecutors in the lead-up to the highly anticipated death-penalty trial slated to begin next month. [....] Deputy District Attorney David Boyd said the two sides reached an agreement over the requested evidence. [....] The hearing was among a marathon of procedural touchstones before Garcia Torres' trial, which is scheduled to begin April 25.

more at link...

okay... :judge: #JusticeForSierra :rose:

...and 1 more thing... in all this time... 4 years almost since AGT has been in custody...

Did Pros never think defense was going to ask for this DNA? It's exactly what I'd expect them to do. I wonder if they have all 12 DNA profiles identified, probably so.

God I wish he'd just tell her parents where she is.

I had a message out to my friend on the #SierraSearchTeam, as all articles I've read (still not home yet :( ) didn't have the exact meeting point for the search and vigil. This article features an interview with Roger Nelson, Search Coordinator. It also contains this exact detail. I was really hoping I'd be discharged in time to at least attend the vigil. I'm in no shape to search.

I will be there in spirit. I hope the turnout is immense.

#FindSierra

:heartbeat:

Sierra LaMar Search Volunteers Resume Task This Weekend | San Francisco Patch

[...]
Sierra's body hasn't been recovered and formal weekly searches for her with help from the KlaasKids Foundation ended in March 2015.

[...]

While the organized efforts have suspended, search coordinator Roger Nelson said groups have occasionally been looking for Sierra.

On Saturday morning, about 20 to 25 volunteers will meet at Eastman Canyon and Uvas roads to search the area and mark four years since her disappearance, Nelson said.

"The goal of the searches of course is to bring Sierra home to her family and if that brings any major closure to the family, that's our prime motivation," he said.

There have been more than 1,150 recorded searches and 55,000 hours logged by volunteers in the past four years, Nelson said. "I've been inspired by the strength of the LaMar family and compassion of these amazing volunteers," Nelson said.

http://patch.com/california/san-fra...ce+&+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

#TeamSierra
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read all the threads.. I'm guessing there's no death penalty or something that can be held over him to induce a plea deal?

He is eligible for death penalty

Antolin Garcia-Torres, 23, was taken into custody in Morgan Hill, California on 05/22/2012 and charged with Abduction With Capital Murder.
For those who don't know AGT is eligible for death penalty
However I don't know what the status is of the death penalty in California

Hey! :wave:

Migmuu said:

Maybe he will when the D.A. takes the death penalty off the table for a plea deal...

kimi_SFC said:
snipped by me...
There have been more than 1,150 recorded searches and 55,000 hours logged by volunteers in the past four years, Nelson said. "I've been inspired by the strength of the LaMar family and compassion of these amazing volunteers," Nelson said.

Wow! That's a LOT of searches! Crossing my fingers they find "something" tomorrow! And I will be there in spirit too! And "where" is this Eastman Canyon and Uvas roads located? Not that great in googling... is anywhere near where AGT "might" have been? Can't remember - do they have pings from his phone? Or have we heard anything from evidence besides the DNA?
TIA!!

okay - hearing on Monday the 21st and ruling on?? TIA here too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members