Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I had a chance to ask Marc on air a few.questions today

Here's an article from my Google Alert; it has jurors reactions, that were'nt in the tweets.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/07/sierra-lamar-moms-tearful-testimony-about-missing-daughter/

SAN JOSE — The mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar made a valiant effort Tuesday to testify calmly, pursing her lips and avoiding the gaze of the man accused of kidnapping and killing her daughter.
But Marlene LaMar lost her composure several times, including when prosecutor David Boyd asked her about her frantic effort to find Sierra the day she disappeared nearly five years ago.
A juror dabbed her eyes as Marlene LaMar recounted calling the 15-year-old’s cellphone at least 14 times while driving home from work March 16, 2012.
[....]
“I was in a state of panic,” Marlene LaMar wailed, telling jurors in Santa Clara County Superior Court that her daughter would never have voluntarily missed a hair appointment she had that day. “I had a feeling something was wrong. It didn’t make any sense. I knew something bad happened to her.”
When prosecutor David Boyd asked if she has seen Sierra since that day, Marlene LaMar said “no” in an anguished voice as another female juror teared up.
[.....]
Sierra’s sister, Danielle, who is six years older, testified later Tuesday that she would take her younger sister to Fremont on weekends so she could see her old friends. But she said that although Sierra was not thrilled about leaving Fremont, she wouldn’t abandon her family.
In addition, Sierra appears happy in several videos taken by surveillance cameras on her school bus, as well as in the last selfie she took the morning she disappeared.
“Always smiling,” was the way bus driver Kim Kirkpatrick put it, referring to Sierra. “Smiling getting on, smiling getting off.”

It is going to be rough, because the legal reality is her father has his own victims. It is a difficult dichotomy, because he is not a sympathetic character in one light, but the tragedy of what has happened to Sierra eclipses it in some ways. I imagine his victims would not want his actions to detract from justice for Sierra who was their friend.

It can be a crappy world.

Does anyone know why the case is not in court today?

Morgan Hill Times ‏@morganhilltimes 18h18 hours ago
Court is adjourned for today. #SierraLaMar trial will resume Feb. 9.

Does anyone know why the case is not in court today?

Morgan Hill Times ‏@morganhilltimes 18h18 hours ago
Court is adjourned for today. #SierraLaMar trial will resume Feb. 9.
We don't know, but i found this out yesterday
Most likely judge having some stuff to do

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

It is going to be rough, because the legal reality is her father has his own victims. It is a difficult dichotomy, because he is not a sympathetic character in one light, but the tragedy of what has happened to Sierra eclipses it in some ways. I imagine his victims would not want his actions to detract from justice for Sierra who was their friend.

It can be a crappy world.

As I read another article it said:
Judge Vanessa Zecher and the attorneys agreed to keep the father’s criminal past out of earshot of the jury.

So, no it won't be brought up - thank goodness.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar day 7: Sheriff's deputy testifies his review of her computer usage. "She had a pretty regular schedule." Wd check social media

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar often tilted her head in selfies. Also, she quite a few of her where tongue is visible (in coquettish way)
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
Nothing out of the ordinary w #SierraLaMar computer usage that week. Deputy reviewed 677 photos taken by PhotoBooth, many selfies
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 14s14 seconds ago
photos #SierraLaMar w orange tabby Chester, +friends, family. Point DA is making is she looked pretty darn happy, contrary to Def portrayal
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Short clips of #SierraLaMar clowning around on her MacBook, lip syncing to music.

I am so glad the jury is seeing short clips of the lovely Sierra, goofing around, lip syncing, smiling etc. They need to see how happy and 'normal' she was. Just a young girl, going about her life on the way to school. :cry:

As I read another article it said:
Judge Vanessa Zecher and the attorneys agreed to keep the father’s criminal past out of earshot of the jury.

So, no it won't be brought up - thank goodness.

While I hope that's true, hey unfortunately said the same about sierras drug use -- that it wouldn't be brought up. But there was a whole day or two of trial where that was a decent focus.

While I hope that's true, hey unfortunately said the same about sierras drug use -- that it wouldn't be brought up. But there was a whole day or two of trial where that was a decent focus.

YES. And when her friend said she wanted to run away once, but it was in 8th grade---the Defense asked her why she wanted to run away---and I am sure they wanted the friend to say something about her father going to jail, most likely...

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 39s39 seconds ago
Lots of tedious technical testimony by Sgt. Doug Kubick re #SierraLaMar 'S cell/Laptop. Lays foundation perhaps for debate over whether...
... #SierraLaMar 's phone was truly used or not the evening of the day she disappeared.

Searchers hunted for #SierraLaMar w/in 300 ft of roadway pullouts, also in abandoned buildings, down dirt roads, open space.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
So far not a lot new here. It's a "no body" case, so DA has to show that the search for #SierraLaMar was extensive.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 9m9 minutes ago
A volunteer with the sheriff's office who helps manage sheriff's search team is testifying abt #SierraLaMar search.
Searchers hunted for #SierraLaMar w/in 300 ft of roadway pullouts, also in abandoned buildings, down dirt roads, open space.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 59s59 seconds ago
Difficult for dogs to find shallow graves. DA also has to show that just cuz didn't find #SierraLaMar body doesn't mean she is alive.
High winds also hinder searches b/c they disperse scent. #SierraLaMar
They didn't start searching w/dogs until more than 24 hours after #SierraLaMar disappeared, plus it heavily rained=impaired conditions
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
#SierraLaMar - most people are found w/in a 12-mile radius of point last seen. There are 78.5 square miles w/in 5-mile radius
They had to limit search for #SierraLaMar to high-probability areas.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
#SierraLaMar's body could be in Marin County, San Luis Obispo, the ocean.
DA last wk said accused had abt 6 hrs unaccounted for. There are 31,416 sq miles w/in 100 miles. Impossible to hunt it all 4 #SierraLaMar

I have been following the Canadian trial (D. Garland) today, but when I pop over here it seems this is moving along slowly today .....?

there is only 1 reporter tweeting, the others are covering the weather here cause its raining and there have been accidents and as I posted earlier 100+ flights cancelled at SFO due to storm and weather conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth