Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The drugs can bring up the question of the possibility of other, as of yet, unknown suspects and running away can show that Sierra might have disappeared in an entirely different way that the prosecution suggests. It still does not explain how Sierra's DNA got inside the defendant's vehicle, or on some of his belongings, and it does not explain how the defendant's DNA got on Sierra's belongings.

Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 9m9 minutes ago
Anna Nohr said she & #SierraLaMar planned to "pop with friends at a party" weekend she went missing. Nohr was ecstasy buyer $15-20 a pill.
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 2h2 hours ago
Prosecution began questioning of Anna Nohr, another #SierraLaMar friend, then called afternoon recess.
@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 13m13 minutes ago
P. M. Session under way in #SierraLaMar trial as her friends recall how their plans to get together did not happen after she went missing.
Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 3m3 minutes ago
Per testimony, #SierraLaMar made plans after school with two sets of friends on March 16, in both Morgan Hill and in Fremont

Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 3m3 minutes ago
Defense keeps trying to ask Nohr if #SierraLaMar ever provided the ecstasy but all the prosecution objections keep getting sustained

Nohr says #SierraLaMar told her she wanted to run away, but that was in Fremont in 8th grade. Sierra went missing in Morgan Hill in 10th

Nohr dries her eyes with tissues as she reads statement she gave to police in #SierraLaMar disappearance

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 1m1 minute ago
#SierraLaMar friends questioned about her drug use,(ecstasy) and texts per relevance with regard to theory she ran away, not murder victim.

A text Nohr sent to #SierraLaMar after she disappeared: "what happened love talk to me where are you everyone's worried"
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 36s36 seconds ago
Defense asked for second sidebar then withdrew request. Nothing from them.
Defense questions Nohr on specific reason Sierra allegedly wanted to run away in 8th grade. Before he got further everyone approached bench

Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 2m2 minutes ago
Nohr: tells prosecutors she'd share pants with #SierraLaMar but she has never met defendant in her life (clothes Qs effort to explain DNA)
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 5m5 minutes ago
Defense asks Nohr if she shared makeup w/ #SierraLaMar Prosecution: I take it you never shared your makeup with the defendant. Court laughs
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 9m9 minutes ago
Next witness called is Breanna who was cheerleader w/ #SierraLaMar at Washington HS in Fremont

Defense has police statement from Breanna saying #SierraLaMar drank alcohol, smoked weed, & used pills. Breanna: I don't recall saying that

Audrey Weatherton says she would consider #SierraLaMar her best friend
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 7m7 minutes ago
Next witness up Audrey Weatherton, Fremont classmate of #SierraLaMar from middle school and high school
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 4m4 minutes ago
Weatherton holding back tears once last #SierraLaMar selfie shown. Now defense to question her

Feel sorry for Sierra's friends having to testify at the murder trial of their friend. Does anybody know if anyone in the family is going to testify? Can't imagine that will be easy for any of them. :(

Hopefully these jurors have teen relatives and can remember being teens themselves. I think we all know teens who have tried ecstasy, smoked some pot and gone to parties to enjoy themselves.

I think we have all known kids who have said they were going to 'run away.' Mine threatened to do so a few times. They also experimented with drugs a bit at parties. And neither of them ever took off their urine stained clothing and folded it in a field and disappeared. :no:

Feel sorry for Sierra's friends having to testify at the murder trial of their friend. Does anybody know if anyone in the family is going to testify? Can't imagine that will be easy for any of them. :(
I bwlieve Marlene is on the witness list

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I have been thinking throughout this line of questioning by the defense that Sierra's life was not a whole lot different than the lives of a lot of young teens. I can remember a lot of things my peers and I were into at that age and I can imagine it would sound much worse than it actually was if spoken of in a one-sided out-of-context manner such as what's occurring in that courtroom.

I have faith that the jury will be able to put this all into perspective.

I have been thinking throughout this line of questioning by the defense that Sierra's life was not a whole lot different than the lives of a lot of young teens. I can remember a lot of things my peers and I were into at that age and I can imagine it would sound much worse than it actually was if spoken of in a one-sided out-of-context manner such as one what's occurring in that courtroom.

I have faith that the jury will be able to put this all into perspective.

Exactly. I don't think it is at all unusual for her friends to have wondered, AT FIRST, if she had left voluntarily. PLENTY of kids do run off for a short time. I don't think the jury will see that as evidence that she did . in fact, run away.

The same with the 'evidence' that she planned to get high with her friends at a party with other students. Sounds like a pretty normal teen experience. I think the jury is getting a picture painted of a beautiful, spirited, popular young teen who pushed the envelope a bit and was dealing with a divorced family and a new school.

I am sure the Defense is dying to get in the fathers previous crimes. I am bracing myself for that in the immediate future. I think that is what they were trying to get in when they asked WHY she threatened to run away in 8th grade...

Exactly. I don't think it is at all unusual for her friends to have wondered, AT FIRST, if she had left voluntarily. PLENTY of kids do run off for a short time. I don't think the jury will see that as evidence that she did . in fact, run away.

The same with the 'evidence' that she planned to get high with her friends at a party with other students. Sounds like a pretty normal teen experience. I think the jury is getting a picture painted of a beautiful, spirited, popular young teen who pushed the envelope a bit and was dealing with a divorced family and a new school.

I am sure the Defense is dying to get in the fathers previous crimes. I am bracing myself for that in the immediate future. I think that is what they were trying to get in when they asked WHY she threatened to run away in 8th grade...

I cant remember what the fathers previous crimes were? Can you jog my memory, please? :)

I cant remember what the fathers previous crimes were? Can you jog my memory, please? :)

PRETTY AWFUL situation, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if she had run away at that time. She had a friend sleep over, when she was in elementary school, I believe. And her father molested her friend. :eek:

He went to jail for it. So that must have been a HORRIBLY confusing time for our poor girl.

But this was years before her abduction. It had no bearing on what happened that morning.

[ At the time of her disappearance, many of us were looking sideways at her dad.]

Folks, today Marc will be on websleuths radio, if there are questions, it will be good if he can answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744