Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emi said:
There is court but didn't see any tweets - on Monday Jenna is off

:gaah: so, no one in the court room fo us....

hmmm.... tried the Mercury News for any updates on yesterday's trial.... Zero.... last update was March 9th.... :pcguru:

I just realized that in 2 days it will be 5 years since Sierra disappeared.... :eek:hwow:

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SIERRA! :rose:

:judge:

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
Def was a Safeway employee at the time. Attacks occurred outside camera range. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
Safeway mgr, Jeffrey Scales, testified last week that employees were aware of location of parking lot surveillance cameras. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
This attack occurred 8 years ago. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
The finger that was injured was the fourth finger next to her pinkie ( from punching assailant). #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
Walters called 911 at 11:24 pm. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 15m15 minutes ago
Walters, referring to injury of 1 of her fingers:" it was from punching him blindly." Also, he hit her in face, head. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 17m17 minutes ago
Walters chased him w her white Toyota Landcruiser ( SUV). Burns on her neck, dislocated left finger...#SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 18m18 minutes ago
He Tased her multiple times on head & neck. Not all shocks worked, but at least one day. Even so, Walters chased him in her ...#SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 21m21 minutes ago
But Walters can't remember the call cuz she was so rattled. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 22m22 minutes ago
DA plays 911 tape of Walters' call. In weak voice: "He hit me w a shock device." She testified she was shaken by being Tased... #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 24m24 minutes ago
DA Dana Veazey on direct. To DA, attacks are precursor to kidnapping of #SierraLaMar in no body case.
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 29m29 minutes ago
Defense has said a) it wasn't him; b) could have been more than 1 guy; c) cd be attempted purse-snatching. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 31m31 minutes ago
Attacker dropped the stun gun. Average height. Caught glimpse of facial hair. Garcia-Torres had goateeish facial hair at time. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 33m33 minutes ago
Walters is a retired nurse. Attack was 3/19/09, Tennant Station Safeway in Morgan Hill, 11ish pm #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 35m35 minutes ago
1 of 3 women attacked, Annette Walters: he used stun gun on her, ran away, cdnt see face, wore hoodie. #SierraLaMar tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 37m37 minutes ago
Tues, 3/14, week 7: witness just showed up. Recap of yesterday: 2 of 3 women he allegedly attacked took stand, continues today. #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
Witness heard her scream. Necklace & earrings are ripped off during struggle. Lopez pushing it as possible attempt theft #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 41s41 seconds ago
She told grand jury he was 5 feet 6 inches to 5'10". ( I think Lopez is insinuating Def is taller). #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Walters tells him: "It shows I was indecisive." #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
She saw photo of Def, he was 4th in photo lineup, said: "I don't think so." #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
But on cross by Def Atty Al Lopez, she acknowledged she'd ID'd 2 potential assailants. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
Walters couldn't ID def in photo lineup b/c she only saw glimpse of profile while being punched in head. #SierraLaMar

Minute orders from last week

Attachments

• MinuteOrd030917.pdf
    418.8 KB · Views: 4
  • MinuteOrd030817.pdf
    382.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MinuteOrd030717.pdf
    370.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MinuteOrd030617.pdf
    370 KB · Views: 0
Has there been any new news on the letter from the inmate that was admitted last week?

No news, but I believe it is good for the state

RobertHanda‏Verified account @RHandaNBC 43m43 minutes ago
Trademark red shoes picture for #SierraLaMar fundraiser for family in her hometown of #Fremont Thurs March16 6:30pm Shakers Pizza.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 25
:wave:

Emi said:
A local person who went to trial told me

AND.... ?? what did they say??!! You know we are all nosy!! :giggle:

I see you changed your name! A lot easier to say.... :)

Sorry I don't understand those "Minute Orders" you posted... They really don't tell me "what" is happening! LOL!

So, no tweets in the afternoon? I know you're busy with your new baby! :baby:

@Noner yes no tweets in the afternoon

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 1h1 hour ago
On cross by Lopez, Sgt says Martinez first thought "stun gun" was Maria Garcia's, def's friend, whom Martinez said was there. #SierraLaMar
Sgt recorded the interview. #SierraLaMar
He told Sgt when he saw it that he "automatically" knew it was stun gun. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 2h2 hours ago
Sgt says that Joe Martinez said he thought, oh damn, when saw Def pulled out the stun gun. Pulled it out to show off. SierraLaMar
Sheriff's Sgt. Herman Leon gets back on stand. Martinez definitely said it was stun gun, made noise like one. #SierraLaMar
Martinez is a nightmare for prosecution, going bk & forth abt what he thought object was. I'm getting seasick. #SierraLaMar
Lopez shows him a real stun gun. Martinez says it doesn't look like what he saw. #SierraLaMar
Lopez shows dog repeller, Martinez agrees it's similar. Lopez asks if he mixed up prongs with screws on object. answer: no. #SierraLaMar
He agrees that he assumed def's object was stun gun but didn't know. #SierraLaMar
In 2014 when testified b4 grand jury, he still worked at Safeway, so concerned abt reaction. Now, not. #SierraLaMar
On cross by Def lawyer Al Lopez, Martinez says Def had dogs who barked ( suggests object cd have been repeller) #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 3h3 hours ago
Prosecution suggesting that he eithercant remember or was convinced by defense investigator that it cd have been dog repeller. #SierraLaMar
Former friend of def's said to grand jury he was concerned abt people confronting him ( for talking abt stun gun).
Gathering is to commemorate 5th anniversary of #SierraLaMar disappearance & chance 4 family to see Sierra's friends.
Steve is attending trial daily, still getting paid. #SierraLaMar
Steve is computer engineer, mother Marlene LaMar is hand therapist. She has Mondays off to come to trial #SierraLaMar
CORRECTION: father Steve LaMar didn't even know the gathering was fundraiser. $ is for searchers' food/drinks, not parents. #SierraLaMar
He also expressed concern in testimony to grand jury abt what people wd think abt testimony. #SierraLaMar
Hard to know if he exaggerated the story back then, or told truth then & cant remember. He admits he doesn't want to be here. #SierraLaMar
He told cops he said to Def, "Keep that away from me, I don't want to get Tased." #SierraLaMar
Drawing had 2 metal prongs. But he continues to say he can't remember. "It was like 9 years ago," he says. #SierraLaMar
He drew small black box for officers in 2012. Looks like small black box. #SierraLaMar
But he told investigator he heard def's stun gun go off in 2008 & thought, "damn." #SierraLaMar
He now thinks the object he saw cd have been a dog repeller, whatever that is. #SierraLaMar
Prosecutor Dana Veazey asks Martinez if he talked to defense investigator 2 months ago. Yes, person showed him dog repeller. #SierraLaMar
This is first time we've heard abt this. If true, it is fairly damning. But wit's dim memory cd be problematic for prosecution. #SierraLaMar
He told deputies Def showed it to him to show off. This was 8-9 years ago, so he can't remember. #SierraLaMar
But described it back then as "It was one of the big ones." Also that it had prongs. #SierraLaMar
The object was black, tiny, about 3 inches wide. #SierraLaMar
He previously said (def's friend) Maria Garcia was there in car, but now says it was just him & Def. #SierraLaMar
Def didn't show it to him. He saw it while Def rifling through contents of door-panel pockets, he says. #SierraLaMar
He says Def pulled it out of pocket on driver's seat door panel. #SierraLaMar
In 2008, outside def's house near def's Impala, Def showed him what Martinez described to cops as as stun gun. #SierraLaMar
They stopped hanging out in 2008. He said to cops in 2012, saw Def w stun gun in 2008. Now can't remember. #SierraLaMar
Martinez told cops in 2012 after #SierraLaMar that he wore black pants a lot. Safeway assailant wore blk pants, at least 1 witness said.
Sometimes Def walked to work, when his car wasn't working, through dirt, Martinez cd tell cuz Shea's were dirty #SierraLaMar
Martinez also went to def's house on Llagas (cq) Ave in Morgan Hill. #SierraLaMar
He hung out w him occasionally outside work, in local parks, e.g. #SierraLaMar
In court Wed, 3/16. Former Safeway employee/co-worker with Def Joe Martinez takes stand.#SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4h4 hours ago
To help parents w cost of missing work to attend #SierraLaMar trial
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4h4 hours ago
#SierraLaMar memorial fundraiser Thurs, at Shakers Pizza on Thornton Road, Fremont at 6:30 pm.

Mods, could I post link to the link

tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
Walters said she chased the assailant but videos don't reflect it. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 9m9 minutes ago
Subject spent abt 8 seconds in back of Annette Walters' car, acceding to video. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
The fuzzy subject in black clothes is seen going into victim's white SUV, then leaving it on the run. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 13m13 minutes ago
Next clip: suspect is running. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 15m15 minutes ago
In one video, all u see is indistinguishable man or woman walking west in lot, toward area of one of victims. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 26m26 minutes ago
Video vet likely 2 be too dark to see anything much. But it makes the attacks more vivid, arouses jury fears of bogeyman. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 28m28 minutes ago
PM session so far is housekeeping, taking care of details. A cop is testifying abt video footage of one of Safeway attacks #SierraLaMar

I'm not sure if the witness Joe Martinez is covering up for AGT or if he doesn't remember things well but he sure is all over the place with his testimony.... :notgood:

Thanks again for the tweets Emi! :wave:

Well, I got a Google Alert this morning, but it sure didn't have anything "new" in it that your tweets didn't have....

I really HATE this coverage....

and 5 years! ago Sierra disappeared!

:rose:

I don't know, seems like too much attention upon to the prior Safeway lot attacks.... diminishes what should be the primary focus of this trial - Sierras brutal murder..... just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member