Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 3h3 hours ago
Back after afternoon break. Prosecutor Boyd asking Scales about how batteries stocked at Safeway, how they are sold, etc.
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 2h2 hours ago
Boyd trying to dispel theory Garcia-Torres thumbprint on stun gun battery was result of being a Safeway employee who handled returned items
Boyd: "Was it Safeway policy to sell batteries that had been opened at full price?" Scales:"No" (suggests loose packaging didnt cause print)
Lopez turn to cross examine & he's suggesting employees at the store would tape up batteries in loose packaging and put them back on shelf
Lopez tells Scales that general manager, not Scales, would know what employeees really do at store, whether opened packages taped up & sold
Lopez tells Scales that an investigator for defense bought a pack of taped up batteries from Safeway in past 6 months. Asked him to explain.
Prosecutor Boyd obejected. Judge Zecher sustains so Scales does not answer question. Jury reminded not to consider question as evidence
Lopez: "would you agree Safeway makes money every time they sell an item?" Scales: "No" *chuckles from crowd and a smile from the judge"
Next witness called to stand in #SierraLaMar trial has already testified. Re-calling Santa Clara County Sgt. Leon
Still focusing on Safeway attacks. Leon going over distance between Tenant & Dunne Safeways where 2 attacks happened on same day 3/19/2009
This matters because 1st attack happened about 10:55 pm at Dunne Ave Safeway. 2nd attack happened about 11:20 pm at Tenant Ave location
Leon walked it himself and said it took about 20 minutes on foot between stores. Trying to establish suspect could commit both attacks
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 1h1 hour ago
Next witness is also testifying for second time in #SierraLaMar trial : Sgt. Cortez
Cortez here to clear up testimony on fingerprinting. He confirmed he dusted for prints in rear interior door of suspect car #SierraLaMar
Cortez said he did not dust for prints in interior front doors in suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres' car #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 29m29 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar's older sister Danielle retakes the stand
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 24m24 minutes ago
After #SierraLaMar went missing, Danielle logged into Sierra's Facebook, she said in court
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 21m21 minutes ago
Danielle testifying that she logged into #SierraLaMar Facebook account at least 10x & logged into Sierra's twitter 3 or 4 times
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 16m16 minutes ago
Next witness retaking stand is Channah Foreman, one of #SierraLaMar's best friends
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 14m14 minutes ago
Channah said she knew #SierraLaMar's social media passwords. She also logged into Sierra's accounts after she went missing

Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 2m2 minutes ago
Court in recess til Monday #SierraLaMar

Hey!
Finally got a Google Alert this morning from yesterday's court. Here's what the Safeway guy said about the packaging:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/09/sierra-lamar/

As for the fingerprint on the stun gun battery, Lopez told the jury during opening statements that Garcia-Torres had nothing to do with the 2009 parking lot attacks. The fingerprint was discovered on the battery after the assailant dropped the stun gun.
Lopez said Garcia-Torres’ print got there because he frequently re-shelved items with torn packaging, including 9-volt batteries. Garcia-Torres worked at Safeway as a “courtesy clerk,” workers who — among other duties — bag items for shoppers.
But Scales testified that Safeway didn’t re-shelve open packages until July of 2012. Instead, the chain sent such “damaged” products back to the manufacturer or discarded them. About four months after Sierra disappeared, the chain began to re-sell open packages of batteries at a 50 percent discount, he said.

So... use your common sense Jurors!!!

JUSTICE FOR SIERRA!

Hey!
Finally got a Google Alert this morning from yesterday's court. Here's what the Safeway guy said about the packaging:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/09/sierra-lamar/

As for the fingerprint on the stun gun battery, Lopez told the jury during opening statements that Garcia-Torres had nothing to do with the 2009 parking lot attacks. The fingerprint was discovered on the battery after the assailant dropped the stun gun.
Lopez said Garcia-Torres’ print got there because he frequently re-shelved items with torn packaging, including 9-volt batteries. Garcia-Torres worked at Safeway as a “courtesy clerk,” workers who — among other duties — bag items for shoppers.
But Scales testified that Safeway didn’t re-shelve open packages until July of 2012. Instead, the chain sent such “damaged” products back to the manufacturer or discarded them. About four months after Sierra disappeared, the chain began to re-sell open packages of batteries at a 50 percent discount, he said.

So... use your common sense Jurors!!!

JUSTICE FOR SIERRA!

Updating my list from the above article you found, thanks Niner. Making this list into the kind of notes I would keep if I were a juror.

>Three previous attacks on women, but not that recent.
>GT finger print on stungun battery - but some confusion as to that..
>He purchased 1gal+ size of bleach & turkey baster three days before SL abduction. (But also purchased smaller container of bleach in Jan.) GT said bleach was for doing wash, his GF said he never did wash. Claimed turkey baster was to extract TCP from marijuana - yet why wasn't if found?
>One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck. (Issue of cross contamination raised).
>Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes.
>GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL.
>His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.
>All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked.
>Clothing in purse folded consistent with way GT folds clothing.
>Strong urine smell on her clothes.
>Beads from road surface found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.
>Her cell phone was found not far from purse.
>He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).
>Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.
>GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing. Says he went fishing but no alibi.
>Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

OldSteve said:
snipped by me...
>His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.

Now is Defense lawyer saying that "this" DNA is from the tissue flying around with his sperm on it?? I'm curious, and can't remember right off - was her purse closed?? If so, how can the tissue/sperm get into her purse ONTO her pants?? Wanted to look up the type of purse Sierra had - it was Juicy something?? Sorry, not that into purses!

TIA!

It is a Juicy Couture pink handbag that looked similar to this.

attachment.php

And yeah, sperm can magically jump from a tissue into a bag, rub onto a sock, jeans, whatever, and then disappear.

Attachments

• 1pppjjjccc.JPG
    1pppjjjccc.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 157
From what i have read there was no evidence SL was killed.
(quote)
“You are not going to hear any evidence that (Sierra) was killed, absolutely none,” defense attorney Al Lopez told the jury Jan. 31.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_4e7932b6-e81a-11e6-ae7f-7be3259de2a4.html

And IMO AGT had perpetrated on other victims previously. He also had a stun gun in his possession, IMO for nefarious purposes.
I am wondering if he was into human trafficking? There is rope evidence of hair from other females that was in his vehicle. Could he of been kidnapping females using the stun gun, and raping them and tying them up and driving them somewhere for a cash payment when handing them off to someone else, so there would be no money trail? And keeping their belongings as a safety precaution in case someone else is caught with the victim that would lead back to him? California is rife with human trafficking from what i have read, as are other states, and if there are no signs of murder then it's a possibility IMO. Are there other missing females from that area around the time or previous to when SL went missing that have never been found either? Just a few thoughts i had if there is no evidence of murder, although he could of taken SL somewhere else for that i guess.

Prosecutor about to go through Safeway club card transaction from March 19, 2009, date of two separate attacks @ Dunne and Tenant Safeways
Will be a review of club card of Adriana, suspect's sister. The suspect did not have one at the time but could have used hers for purchases
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 60m60 minutes ago
Scales establishing now some purchases made with Adriana's Safeway club card were paid for by defendant's debit card suggesting he used it
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 55m55 minutes ago
Context: 9 volt Duracell batteries bought with Adriana Club Card day of attacks. In one attack, stun gun used with same battery type inside
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 26m26 minutes ago
More court record context: Stun gun from attacks later examined & Garcia-Torres thumb print found on battery
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 20m20 minutes ago
Adriana previously testified she did not buy the batteries. Records show battery bought 4:20 pm 3/19/2009 using Adriana's club card & cash
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 10m10 minutes ago
Now going into actual club card records of Antolin Garcia-Torres. March 13, 2012, three days before #SierraLaMar vanished.
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 6m6 minutes ago
3 separate transactions that day. One at 11:09 am, one at 11:10 am, but the one the prosecution is interested in happens 11:35 pm
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 4m4 minutes ago
That's when a purchase made with Antolin Garcia-Torres' club card records a purchase of 1.42 gallons of bleach and a turkey baster.
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 3m3 minutes ago
Bought 3 days before #SierraLaMar disappeared. Today Safeway asset protection manager said in court "it seemed like a very unusual purchase"

:wave: Thank you Emi for all your hard work!

I'm a little behind. Am I interpreting this correctly? AGT actually purchased 9 volt batteries on the SAME day as 2 of the Safeway Attacks, March 19, 2009? The same type of battery where his thumb print was found from the stun gun? Wow!

From what i have read there was no evidence SL was killed.
(quote)
“You are not going to hear any evidence that (Sierra) was killed, absolutely none,” defense attorney Al Lopez told the jury Jan. 31.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_4e7932b6-e81a-11e6-ae7f-7be3259de2a4.html

And IMO AGT had perpetrated on other victims previously. He also had a stun gun in his possession, IMO for nefarious purposes.
I am wondering if he was into human trafficking? There is rope evidence of hair from other females that was in his vehicle. Could he of been kidnapping females using the stun gun, and raping them and tying them up and driving them somewhere for a cash payment when handing them off to someone else, so there would be no money trail? And keeping their belongings as a safety precaution in case someone else is caught with the victim that would lead back to him? California is rife with human trafficking from what i have read, as are other states, and if there are no signs of murder then it's a possibility IMO. Are there other missing females from that area around the time or previous to when SL went missing that have never been found either? Just a few thoughts i had if there is no evidence of murder, although he could of taken SL somewhere else for that i guess.

There is much circumstantial evidence that Sierra is no longer alive and that AGT was with her at the time of and immediately after her disappearance.

There is nothing that points to him being involved in human trafficking and I believe that if he was and if he had dropped Sierra off somewhere alive he would have cooperated with investigators to help track her whereabouts.

We may hear more from AGT about what happened to Sierra after he is convicted if there is any chance she is still alive. But, if he is not convicted I doubt we will ever know the truth of the matter.

There is much circumstantial evidence that Sierra is no longer alive and that AGT was with her at the time of and immediately after her disappearance.

There is nothing that points to him being involved in human trafficking and I believe that if he was and if he had dropped Sierra off somewhere alive he would have cooperated with investigators to help track her whereabouts.

We may hear more from AGT about what happened to Sierra after he is convicted if there is any chance she is still alive. But, if he is not convicted I doubt we will ever know the truth of the matter.

I am going by what actual evidence there is, and i think that would definitely be kidnapping/abduction & rape. As for evidence that SL is deceased its a strong possibility for sure, as in these types of cases that is what usually happens. Were there any cadaver/blood detection dogs used on his vehicle or place of residence? It's been a long time since i followed this case so i don't know about that? I think unless murder of a victim is proven beyond a doubt then there is always a little bit of doubt IMO.
Human trafficking is a fact and i don't know if LE ever pursued that angle, but they might have if there was no positive confirmation of death? I just don't know, but if you can point me to the circumstantial evidence of death i would be convinced & TIA.
I doubt very much if it were a case of trafficking that the perp. in this case would give the game away, as he would know the consequences of that. Bit like being a snitch about the trafficking/distribution of drugs if they find out you're a snitch i would imagine. Human and drug trafficking is a multi million dollar industry.
(quote)
Unfortunately, it is also big business, bringing in US $32 billion annually, worldwide. This makes people trafficking the most lucrative crime after drug trafficking, according to statistics from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD, 2006). Every year, some 1 to 2 million children, women and men become victims of human trafficking; while traffickers make anywhere between $4,000 and $50,000 per person trafficked, depending on the victim’s place of origin and destination.
http://www.iadb.org/en/news/webstor...ckings-dirty-profits-and-huge-costs,3357.html

So, you think AGT would rather sit on Death Row and stay mute about how she is really alive and was trafficked out of state or out of the country?

I have my doubts.

If the jury doesn't believe she is dead, they cannot convict him of murder. And then it will be case closed.

So, you think AGT would rather sit on Death Row and stay mute about how she is really alive and was trafficked out of state or out of the country?

I have my doubts.

If the jury doesn't believe she is dead, they cannot convict him of murder. And then it will be case closed.

I don't know what AGT thinks, but IMO he is a dangerous criminal. And depending on what crimes criminals commit there is a code of silence among some.
I'm not saying he definitely did anything in the way of trafficking, just that it could be a very slight possibility seeing as murder is circumstantial in this case. Criminals will do anything for easy money these days it seems, especially when the profits are big for them. All IMO.

OldSteve said:
Updating my list from the above article you found, thanks Niner.

:thumb:

So - you all on the West coast are now just 9 hours behind me.... at least for the next 2 weeks!

:waiting: patiently for today's court.... :)

There is court but didn't see any tweets - on Monday Jenna is off

I don't know what AGT thinks, but IMO he is a dangerous criminal. And depending on what crimes criminals commit there is a code of silence among some.
I'm not saying he definitely did anything in the way of trafficking, just that it could be a very slight possibility seeing as murder is circumstantial in this case. Criminals will do anything for easy money these days it seems, especially when the profits are big for them. All IMO.

That's true, they will do just about anything that pays off. But they also squeal pretty loud if there is something in it for them that tugs stronger than their fear of snitching. Many times criminals in a desperate situation with the law have spilled the beans on some pressing issues...I believe AGT to be more afraid of life in prison (or on Death Row) than he would be of dealers in the sex trade. But if he is not convicted he will have no fear of prison, so he will never tell what he did with Sierra or anyone else he might have harmed. At least, not until he is arrested for something in the future.

I do not claim to know for certain that AGT did not hand Sierra off to someone after he abducted her; I am saying that if he did anything of that sort, he will talk when he gets desperate to save his own skin.

JMO.

I doubt he traded her; I personally think he killed her

Yes he probably did, and was known to try and grab women before SL went missing.
I think he will hopefully be convicted of kidnapping & rape at least and that the Prosecution can make a strong enough case to the jury for murder as well. He is a danger to women and needs to be taken off the streets IMO.
I also thought this was an interesting article to give perspective on the trafficking problem in California.
(quote)
Massive human trafficking ring busted in California… 500 arrested in police raids

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-02-...-california-500-arrested-in-police-raids.html

Thats a lot of arrested people in CA, but good that the authorities are getting these perps.

Me too, Emi. And I think the jury will believe she is dead.

However, even though the chances of her still being alive are slim to none, if anytime in the future he is desperate enough to save his own skin, if he thought she was still alive somewhere I think he would sing like a canary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485