Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if there is a complete list of all the evidence? The prosecution should have it such a list IMO posted on a white board in the courtroom for the jurors to see...

So what do we have so far?- Help me out on this, add to or correct the list.

He purchased bleach & turkey baster.
One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck.
Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes.
GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL.
His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.
All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked.
Strong urine smell on her clothes.
Beads from road found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.
Her cell phone was found not far from purse.
He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).
Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.
GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing.
Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/30/sierra-lamar-to-start-after-lawyers-choose-8-alternate-jurors/

So what do we have so far?- Help me out on this, add to or correct the list.

He purchased bleach & turkey baster.
One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck.
Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes.
GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL.
His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.
All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked.
Strong urine smell on her clothes.
Beads from road found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.
Her cell phone was found not far from purse.
He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).
Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.
GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing.
Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/30/sierra-lamar-to-start-after-lawyers-choose-8-alternate-jurors/

I don't recall but weren't her clothes folded the "way" GT would? Isn't that what his ex-GF/wife said? :thinking:

and didn't he say he went fishing, but no one to "alibi" him on that?

Updated the list, thanks Niner, you're right about way cloths were folded... Also, I added the 3 previous attacks on women to the list. (Anyone, please correct/add to list)

>Three previous attacks on women.
>He purchased bleach & turkey baster.
>One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck.
>Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes.
>GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL.
>His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.
>All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked.
>Clothing in purse folded consistent with way GT folds clothing.
>Strong urine smell on her clothes.
>Beads from road surface found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.
>Her cell phone was found not far from purse.
>He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).
>Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.
>GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing. Says he went fishing but no alibi.
>Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/30/sierra-lamar-to-start-after-lawyers-choose-8-alternate-jurors/http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sierra-...-will-be-charged-in-attacks-on-3-other-women/

We lived in Gilroy when this happened, and I still try to follow the case. From what I understand, it was reported that ATG, his girlfriend, and 2 friends went snowboarding in Fresno County the next day. If they went to a resort (and not just stopping on a little hill like tubers will do), they'd have gone to Sierra Summit (now called China Peak) at Huntington Lake, which is about 3 hours away. I used to wonder if he dumped her in Huntington or Shaver lakes- it's deep (deep enough that there's a B-24 bomber that crashed during WW2 and was never recovered.) He claimed to have gone fishing the day she disappeared, I wondered if he went back to make sure he covered his tracks.

ETA Link of snowboarding info; http://kron4.com/2017/02/21/sierra-lamars-mother-gives-contradictory-testimony/

May 23, 2012

Investigators found Sierra's cellphone and pink, Juicy Couture-brand handbag with clothing inside along the side of the road within two miles of her home, shortly after she was last seen walking to her bus stop on March 17.

DNA was found on the items in the bag, Smith said. When lab results came in on March 28, investigators identified Garcia-Torres as their suspect and began 24-hour surveillance. His DNA was taken during a previous assault case of which he was not charged.

Garcia-Torres wasn't arrested right away for numerous reasons.

"We needed additional information," Smith said. "We were hoping he would lead us to where Sierra was."

His arrest on Monday came after lab results determined Sierra's DNA was in his car, Assistant Sheriff Pete Rode said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marlene...-mother-wont-give-up-search-for-her-daughter/

Looks like there is court, but there's only been one tweet... God I wish this was live streamed.

Damian Trujillo @newsdamian 2hrs ago

Today's proceedings in #SierraLaMar trial filled with technical DNA evidence on Sierra's pants in "Area 12" and "Area 13"

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that AGT seemed to believe that the only source of DNA is sperm? I don't think he realized that skin cells, tears, mucus, or sweat could be sources, as well. It has been mentioned that the bleach he bought was to wipe her and her clothing to destroy DNA. There's no bleach on the clothing, because he didn't think he got sperm on them until LE brought it up. As soon as it was mentioned, he instantly made an excuse as to why his 'DNA' could have possibly ended up in her possessions (thus the magical tissue.) He bought a turkey baster with that bleach- I have always been horrified by that. IMO he intended to destroy sperm after she was raped because he thought that was the only source that could be linked to him. I hope the jury is wise enough to see past his atty's harping over the hair on the rope. I'm not as interested in the hair as I am her other DNA all over his car.

The defense attorney is raising issues about how the rope evidence was handled because it is his job to raise doubt wherever he can and he is hoping that the jurors will assume that if one portion of evidence was not handled per protocol, all evidence in the case must be viewed with skepticism.

I hope the jurors can see that one piece of evidence not handled properly does not mean that all the evidence was improperly handled.

There is some pretty strong evidence in this case and there should be a conviction. I don't care if they don't vote yes for death but they have to vote yes for guilt. It is imperative that they get this right because he will kill again if he is set free.

essya said:
Looks like there is court, but there's only been one tweet... God I wish this was live streamed.
Damian Trujillo @newsdamian 2hrs ago
Today's proceedings in #SierraLaMar trial filled with technical DNA evidence on Sierra's pants in "Area 12" and "Area 13"

Totally agree - wish it was live streaming like Aaron Hernandez trial. At least I can watch that one a day later.... :gaah: and yeah, only one person there tweeting makes it hard to REALLY know WHAT is going on... another :gaah: LOL!

Agree what you said krkrjx! Especially this:
I hope the jurors can see that one piece of evidence not handled properly does not mean that all the evidence was improperly handled.
There is some pretty strong evidence in this case and there should be a conviction. I don't care if they don't vote yes for death but they have to vote yes for guilt/b]. It is imperative that they get this right because he will kill again if he is set free.

and re bold - totally agree on that too! I think I'd rather see him in prison for the rest of his life...

So.... nothing happened yesterday?? I did not even get a "Google Alert" for yesterday??!!!

:dunno:

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 13m13 minutes ago
If there was recent ejaculate, wd have expected to see more ( on sock). #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 14m14 minutes ago
But P30 test was negative. So since it is on non-intimate item ( sock) they do NOT consider it semen/sperm. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 17m17 minutes ago
One of her white socks had semen on it. 3 actual sperm, 1 possible sperm. Sock had small tear. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 19m19 minutes ago
So far, nothing of note, just IDing clothes as #SierraLaMar: when lab rec'd, when analyzed, if any odor, if semen.
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 42m42 minutes ago
Bell noticed slight smell on urine on #SierraLaMar bag, found w clothes she wearing that day stuffed inside. Also same smell on jeans.
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 46m46 minutes ago
Criminalist Michelle Bell is going through every item of clothing she analyzed of #SierraLaMar's. E.g. her bra
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 54m54 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar trial resumes, week 6, Tues., 3/7/17. Criminalist Bell back on stand.

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 13m13 minutes ago
At least one other sperm on pants. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 32m32 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar was wearing black pants. A single sperm was found, but it could be from laundering w/item that had sperm, or from old event.
In the end, 2 sperm on her pants, from which no conclusions can be drawn. #SierraLaMar

Not sure what to make of "One of her white socks had semen on it. 3 actual sperm, 1 possible sperm. Sock had small tear. #SierraLaMar tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 19m19 minutes ago" --- are they saying the semen is a DNA match to GT? if so I'll add it to the list it that is the case???

>Three previous attacks on women.
>He purchased bleach & turkey baster.
>One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck.
>Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes.
>GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL.
>His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse fround by the shed where there was a family of feral cats.
>All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked.
>Clothing in purse folded consistent with way GT folds clothing.
>Strong urine smell on her clothes.
>Beads from road surface found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.
>Her cell phone was found not far from purse.
>He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).
>Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.
>GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing. Says he went fishing but no alibi.
>Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

OldSteve said:
Not sure what to make of "One of her white socks had semen on it. 3 actual sperm, 1 possible sperm. Sock had small tear. #SierraLaMar tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 19m19 minutes ago" --- are they saying the semen is a DNA match to GT? if so I'll add it to the list it that is the case???

Yea, I didn't understand that either - is it a "match" with AGT??? :confused:

I still have not gotten a Google Alert about this trial.... seems no one is covering this, besides us and that one tweeter!

Damian Trujillo‏Verified account@newsdamian 3m3 minutes ago
A #SierraLamar UPDATE: judge received a letter from an inmate today in court, away from jury presence. Unsure of letter contents

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 3h3 hours ago
The defense may indeed have some solid relevant points to make, but U'd need a gobbledegook interpreter to figure it out. Sad. #SierraLaMar

a college student observing this trial for school asked me Yesterday, anything interesting going on in the blgd? #SierraLaMar

Another example: So if it consists of real DNA plus stutter, you cd say it's below the stochastic threshold. WTF? #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4h4 hours ago
Here's an example of why a blow by blow wouldn't be illuminating: in sample 12...FGA 2424, 3 alleles present. #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 4h4 hours ago
Back in #SierraLaMar trial. DNA testimony by crime lab analyst Michelle Bell continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978