Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AGT may have gotten away with this if he hadn't taken her belongings and left them next to the shack. We wouldn't have had any dna to match him up with. Her body would still be missing and five years later we would be nowhere. Maybe there is some justice in this world.

I just read the order referenced above, and it makes me so angry that the defense can get these private counseling records of Sierra's. How did they know of them, and how can they not be fishing for information that may help them ( I'm assuming they are hoping to prove Sierra was unhappy enough to leave or run away.). They couldn't possibly know what was revealed in those sessions, and the law, if I understood it correctly, says you have to know something to prove you aren't just fishing for info. All they know is if a teen had counseling, she was unhappy with something going on in her life, most likely the effects of a divorce on the children of divorced parents. It is so upsetting to me this pervert has an attorney that will go the extra step to defend him. I believe He is guilty, to many coincidences for him not to be involved. Before he was caught, I had a vision of her murderer, and when he was caught, and I saw his picture, it was him. Believe it or not, doesn't matter, but I feel I was shown his physical appearance before anyone knew who it was. And what is with our system, that this was able to put off the trial for 5 years!! Unbelievable! I am so sick of seeing these evil people that take away, and ruin so many innocent lives, get all the chances and preferential treatment, while family is left devastated and victimized over and over again. Sorry for the rant, I have been waiting for this horrible person to face the consequences for so long. But coward that he is, he still finds a way to taunt the innocent victims. It's so hard to see it time after time and have to worry that they might get off the hook.

A defendant is entitled to competent representation. If a defendant is actually not guilty, we want his lawyer to point that out, don't we? On the upside, the better the job done by the lawyer, the less likely this defendant is to successfully be granted a new trial or appeal the verdict if he is found guilty.

Morning all! I guess you are all sleeping on the Left Coast....
big-bed-smiley.gif

a few things:
from post #28:

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
DA Boyd: it was enough time to drive to the ocean and back. Or way up in hills. Shows OPPORTUNITY
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Defendant had from 7 am til almost 1 pm unaccounted for. Video of him leaving mobile home, then at Bank of America.

Think someone asked about his car on video - maybe one of these?

from post #70:
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
Defendant told investigators initially he only heard of Sierra from TV. Went snowboarding day after she vanished.

This in red bold caught my attention! WHERE was there snow around there, that he could go snowboarding? Maybe he hid her somewhere close, and next day drove her to the "hills" the next day?

Not good at searching at all - so if someone can check that out - maybe searchers can go "up in the hills".

I see no one has responded to Emi post about NOT being able to post tweets tomorrow (today for me!) ??

Anyone? YESorNO??? geevee???

:seeya:

I will be able to but it will be as soon as I get home; also regarding snow he went to either squaw valley or heavenly

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I will be able to but it will be as soon as I get home; also regarding snow he went to either squaw valley or heavenly

How do you know this? Haven't seen it anywhere? But thanks! Yes, there was 10" of snow up there.

https://sfbay.ca/2017/01/31/defense-alleges-dna-contamination-in-sierra-lamar-case/

some of you asked about his demeanor in court - from the link above:

A neatly coiffed and clean-shaven Garcia-Torres smirked and laughed quietly to himself when Boyd played a video of his April 2012 interview with investigators from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, in which a sergeant explains the spread of DNA evidence with a reference to a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial.

Squaw valley and lake tahoe are the closest of areas with snow around this time, and I know he went with his best friend

I hope they have more than just DNA. It will be the most boring trial in history if that's it in its entirety.

I wonder if there is video from a neighbor's home showing his vehicle cruising the streets near her home at the time she would have been leaving for school. There were stills from a video made public right before he was arrested of his vehicle in motion where LE were asking for anyone to give information on the vehicle; I wonder where and when that video was shot.

Case seems to hinge on DNA and sadly, I don't see they have much.... wonder how/why this case is supposed to go to April.

I won't be,able to post tomorrow morning, cause will be in a baby and me class

Have fun with your precious baby. They grow up sooooooo fast. Just yesterday I watched my grown son playing with his new baby and wondered where all the time went. :loveyou: :baby:

Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 5m5 minutes ago
Among those in court today #SierraLaMar's father, childhood best friend and longtime searchers. #ktvu
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 24m24 minutes ago
Back at Hall of Justice for Day 3 of #SierraLaMar murder trial. Prosecution expected to call up more witnesses. #ktvu

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1m1 minute ago
Courtroom only half full today in #SierraLaMar trial
Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 5m5 minutes ago
Sierra Lamar trial: Deputy Dorsey now on stand. He responded to scene questioning registered sex offenders about #SierraLaMar disappearance
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 4m4 minutes ago
1st witness-Santa Clara Co. Sheriff deputy. Got #SierraLaMar cell ping at 4am near her house after disappearance. Called it 66 times. #ktvu

oops - I thought you were going to do
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU twitter account... Emi?

I am doing both

Deputy Dorsey says dispatch told him a phone was pinging near Santa Teresa Blvd after 10:30PM March 16, south of Scheller Ave. #SierraLaMar

Thorough cross examination by defense Al Lopez. Now witness Roland Velasco, current Gilroy mayor, search and rescue volunteer #SierraLaMar

I just read the order referenced above, and it makes me so angry that the defense can get these private counseling records of Sierra's. How did they know of them, and how can they not be fishing for information that may help them ( I'm assuming they are hoping to prove Sierra was unhappy enough to leave or run away.). They couldn't possibly know what was revealed in those sessions, and the law, if I understood it correctly, says you have to know something to prove you aren't just fishing for info. All they know is if a teen had counseling, she was unhappy with something going on in her life, most likely the effects of a divorce on the children of divorced parents. It is so upsetting to me this pervert has an attorney that will go the extra step to defend him.

If there is anything that can help him in the event he did not do these crimes, I want it brought in. But with that said, I don't see how her psych records can do anything for him and I believe defense wants this info for the sole purpose of harming her reputation. A victim smear campaign is brewing, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member