Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Velasco is trained in search and rescue, with a search dog. Describes grid pattern search of the area where #SierraLaMar disappeared

Velasco says he's the one who found #SierraLaMar cell phone during grid search

According to timestamp on prosecution's pic of #SierraLaMar cell, it was found around 6:44p on March 17- 1 day after she disappeared. #ktvu

AGT may have gotten away with this if he hadn't taken her belongings and left them next to the shack. We wouldn't have had any dna to match him up with. Her body would still be missing and five years later we would be nowhere. Maybe there is some justice in this world.

Agree comletely! So much for his being not smart enough to have done this crime. Hiding the body is the easy part; eliminating other evidence is where most perps mess up.

Now Sgt. Brian Randall. AGT is engaged in proceedings. Asks questions of his lawyers, takes notes, points at evidence pictures #SierraLaMar

Sgt.Randall recovered #SierraLaMar Verizon Samsung cell phone as evidence.

Prosecution reviewing w/ deputy how evidence (incl. #SierraLaMar cell) is collected. Defense argues evidence was not handled properly.#ktvu

Prosecution now reviewing discovery of #SierraLaMar clothing in afternoon of March 18, 2012..two days after she disappeared. #ktvu

Member of Santa Clara Co. Search & Rescue Team found #SierraLaMar backpack w/ her clothing by cactus near shed. #ktvu

Deputy testifying about discovery&handling of #SierraLaMar's backpack after it was found in Cactus along road in Morgan Hill

Wondering if any searchers went up to Squaw Valley area to search? Should take his "best friend" and interrogate him to "see" if knows anything about that trip up there....

Thanks for the Tweets!!

Prosecutor entering into evidence the actual #SierraLaMar sweatshirt and pants found in abandoned bag. Both items sealed in plastic

Prosecution takes out black bag, sealed in plastic. Deputy testifies it's #SierraLaMar's bag he collected. #ktvu

Prosecution now showing photo of damp San Jose Sharks sweatshirt with Stonehouse #16 on back found stuffed in #SierraLaMar bag. #ktvu

Prosecution now taking out what appears to be #SierraLaMar jeans, all evidence sealed. Deputy testifies it's pants found in black bag.#ktvu

So surreal seeing #SierraLamar clothes in person....Sierra's Dad keeps putting head down

Wondering if any searchers went up to Squaw Valley area to search? Should take his "best friend" and interrogate him to "see" if knows anything about that trip up there....

Thanks for the Tweets!!

I read an article a couple of years back on the difference between female murderers and male murderers and the things they often do differently.

It stated that male murderers tend to take their victim/s' bodies far away from where the victim/s were taken. Some go even 100s of miles away to discard the remains while a female murderer usually puts the bodies of their victims much closer to the area where they lived.

He had many hours to drive many miles away to put Sierra's remains. He knew they would look in the general area where she went missing from. I believe the only way Sierra's remains will ever be found is if someone not even looking for her stumbles upon her by happenstance. I dont think he put her close by but she is much further away from where she was taken.

Hello everyone - I have been following this case with you all for a long time, but this is my fist time posting. I have been following @AzenithKTVU tweets all morning and I have not seen anything in regards to who is there supporting AGT just wondering if they are still supporting him after seeing the evidence so far? I have three daughters and this case has really touched my heart, I am ready to see justice served. I can only image how hard it must be for Sierra's family. Thank you to all of you who have kept us updated!

Lies during opening statements that were not backed up with evidence were believed by that infamous jury in Florida. It is possible there could be another panel assembled that are just as naive but the odds are so small that I have hope that this jury will be able to connect the dots.

I agree about Florida crew. So many are under the assumption from TV Lawyers like Perry Mason, Matlock, Law and Order, etc., that Defense lawyers are officers of the court and as such can't lie.

I would like more information on the hair---was it really not found until later on in the process?

According to the defense, LE got all the evidence and dumped it in a big pile on a dirty cork board. I seriously doubt that happened. Maybe contents of his trash was dumped out on a board to sort through, but what the defense suggested (if quoted correctly) is obsurd.

Hello everyone - I have been following this case with you all for a long time, but this is my fist time posting. I have been following @AzenithKTVU tweets all morning and I have not seen anything in regards to who is there supporting AGT just wondering if they are still supporting him after seeing the evidence so far? I have three daughters and this case has really touched my heart, I am ready to see justice served. I can only image how hard it must be for Sierra's family. Thank you to all of you who have kept us updated!

:welcome:

According to the defense, LE got all the evidence and dumped it in a big pile on a dirty cork board. I seriously doubt that happened. Maybe contents of his trash was dumped out on a board to sort through, but what the defense suggested (if quoted correctly) is obsurd.

Things hinted at or referred to in part is how a defense attorney instills doubt. They hope that the jury will take evidence or statements out of context. State attorneys usually make an effort to tell the rest of the story if it is something they feel might be misconstrued by jurors.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 2h2 hours ago
Sheriff Deputy who examined #Sierra's clothing says her #SanJoseSharks jacket was wet and her jeans had urine odor.

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1m1 minute ago
Prosecution now entering other items found inside abandoned bag, into evidence; shoes, damp sock, damp bra, damp "panties" . #SierraLaMar
Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 16m16 minutes ago
Legal analyst Steven Clark: "The DA is going to build that home, and the defense is going to kick it down brick by brick. " #SierraLaMar

From David Louie@abc7david

Prosecution in Antolin Garcia-Torres murder trial is entering into evidence #SierraLaMar garments, books & papers found in a bag. #abc7now

Jurors are seeing 1st exhibits prosecutor will use to link Garcia-Torres to missing #SierraLaMar, incl. sweatshirt, shoes, makeup. #abc7now

Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithKTVU 1m1 minute ago
Prosecution now going over every item found in #SierraLaMar's black bag incl. notes, books, clothing, makeup. - most found damp. #ktvu

I wonder if the things are all damp because of the jeans being soaked with urine, or if this is indicative of water being involved? Even if she had a really full bladder, it seems unlikely the jeans could have soaked everything in her bag. Then again, I'm not an expert on how urine-soaked jeans impact the dampness of other garments in a bag 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea