Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given her history online I think LE knows with certainty that she was home until that morning. Not feeling a Hailey Dunn situation here at all.

Doesn't it cost money for each phone? A teen girl should NOT be taking a smart phone to school. she needs to be listening to the teachers not texting, etc all day long.

I thought she just had a flip phone that she took to school but apparently not. Sometimes I have to wonder about parents and their judgement. My son was school in San Mateo recently and NO cell phones were allowed. If caught, you didn't get them back till the year was over.
No, the one they have talked about was a Droid (Samsung Galaxy)

Maybe Sierra's mother and father were competing for affection by buying her things. Trust me, they have good jobs but every penny they would make would have to pay a mortgage ...unless they inherited a home.

Maybe Sierrla's mother doesn't have to pay anything for the house in Morgan Hill and that is why she moved in w/Bf. She is then able to buy more things for her daughter. There is no way I would make that trip daily from Morgan Hill to Fremont. Many hours are spent sitting on the freeway. She has to be putting in a 12 hour day.

It's a darn shame she HAD to be with her boyfriend...ugh! Parents continue to do this. I better curb it before I go on forced vacation again...

LOL do u listen to dr. LAURA?
She says no boyfriends if ya have kids.....
LOL raise your kids when they leave then ya get a bf lol

http://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh/status/175774175766642688/photo/1

Is she just teasing, or does she mean someone else tweeted them using her account? I know nothing about Twitter ...

Well, the picture of the pretty girl (I guess) that Sierra (or someone using her account) shared with her friend has been removed.

Also, this reminds me of an article I read recently in... The New York Times, iirc, about teens/university students sharing their passwords with their girlfriends/boyfriends as a way to demonstrate their trust in each other.

Well, the picture of the pretty girl (I guess) that Sierra (or someone using her account) shared with her friend has been removed.

Also, this reminds me of an article I read recently in... The New York Times, iirc, about teens/university students sharing their passwords with their girlfriends/boyfriends as a way to demonstrate their trust in each other.

That seems to show a lack of trust to me...JMO

Doesn't it cost money for each phone? A teen girl should NOT be taking a smart phone to school. she needs to be listening to the teachers not texting, etc all day long.

I thought she just had a flip phone that she took to school but apparently not. Sometimes I have to wonder about parents and their judgement. My son was school in San Mateo recently and NO cell phones were allowed. If caught, you didn't get them back till the year was over.

There are reasons why kids take their phones to school. It's a great way to keep in contact with your teen while they make plans for every second of their lives. Both my kids have cell phones, my oldest takes it everywhere with her including the bathroom. It's the way it is now a days. IMO

LOL do u listen to dr. LAURA?
She says no boyfriends if ya have kids.....
LOL raise your kids when they leave then ya get a bf lol

Sure have..she makes absolute sense. If you are unfortunate enough to be divorced, don't bring BF.s/GF's around till the kids are grown.

This philosophy has saved some kids lives.

Please hold off on the tomatoes. I've received them before and the stains don't come out.

I apologize I am confused. The picture was removed or the acct?
Are you talking about the blond?

There are reasons why kids take their phones to school. It's a great way to keep in contact with your teen while they make plans for every second of their lives. Both my kids have cell phones, my oldest takes it everywhere with her including the bathroom. It's the way it is now a days. IMO

It's still 1970 in my house..

....can't see why a parent needs to be in touch with their kids while they're in school. After school for a ride, sure. But up till 3:00pm, the phones should be off...IMO and apparently some schools.

Sure have..she makes absolute sense. If you are unfortunate enough to be divorced, don't bring men/women around till the kids are grown.

This philosophy has saved some kids lives.

Please hold off on the tomatoes. I've received them before and the stains don't come out.

We listen to her every day on the ride home from school and she makes perfect sense...
Have to make the children more important than yourself....

IIRC- this was about a picture of Kim Kardashian (sp?), they had a pic with and without makeup. Again, IIRC

They can have their phones but they need to be turned off during school.
they will be taken away! and they wont get them back till the end of school year!

Not speaking for Whisperer, but I think she was emphasizing in particular that kids don't need smartphones with all of their internet capabilities. A simple flip phone with no added texting plan and no internet should be sufficient for emergency/safety reasons. JMO

IMO, IF the folded clothing in the bag was the same clothing as what she was wearing when she left the house, the perp was very calculating and had this planned. Why fold them? Because the perp wants things to be perfect and maybe he is a little OCD about things. Perhaps he watched Sierra at the bus stop and house and knew her routine right down to the minute. Someone that kidnaps another person is sick in the head to begin with, so for him to fold her clothing or even make HER fold her own clothing isn't a stretch to me. It might even be part of a character trait that might help weed this guy out. Is there anyone in her life who is a little "Detective Monk" like?

We listen to her every day on the ride home from school and she makes perfect sense...
Have to make the children more important than yourself....

The world we live in today scoffs at that philosophy. :moo: I wish Marlene LeMar listened to Dr. Laura...but I digress..

Not speaking for Whisperer, but I think she was emphasing in particular that kids don't need smartphones with all of their internet capabilities. A simple flip phone with no added texting plan and no internet should be sufficient for emergency/safety reasons. JMO
Don't disagree, but in these parts if you don't have a smart phone you're lagging in the teen world. I know 10-11 year olds who have iphones.

Hey, my hubby works for AT&T, and we've decided our daughter WON'T be getting her own phone for years- even if she's the only one in her class without one! She even tried that argument on me last week, not gonna' fly in this house!!!

Someone who no longer has a twitter account, or has changed his name...

In fact, I can't find anyone with that name online, which is a little strange if this was a friend of her age whom she knew in real life. Most teens have some sort of online presence...

I can't read any twitters because the fonts are too small. I used to be able to enlarge print but ctrl + doesn't work on twitter.

It's still 1970 in my house..

....can't see why a parent needs to be in touch with their kids while they're in school. After school for a ride, sure. But up till 3:00pm, the phones should be off...IMO and apparently some schools.

I 100% agree that the phones should not be on during the school day, they will loose them in our kids schools as well. I did realize the error in my ways (of letting her take her phone to school) because the second she was on the bus she was texting me what to make for her for a snack. UGH I put an end to that. I do get calls to pick her up because she doesn't want to take the bus or she wants to go to target for something RIGHT after school etc. I do like that if there is a problem she can reach me anytime. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member