Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, and it's only my opinion, I don't think that Sierra was/is the type to run away. She seems like the kind of girl that takes care of herself. She seems to care about her hair, her makeup, her style of dress. With all the talk of how much she loved that purse, I would bet that she was pretty attached to other things in her life.

That said, she is only 15. That's a rough age, and all it takes is the right words from the right person at the right time, and she ends up head over heels for some person that she has never met. As much as I would love to believe that nothing is ever really hidden, I doubt that. There could be outlets for communication out there that LE just hasn't found yet. She even could have met someone through an app on her phone, and then deleted the app. I'm not sure if there would be any remnant of in game messages if she did that.

But, that said, Sierra was not a high risk victim for the sort of predator that cruises around online. She wasn't low income, low self seteem (at least not from the descriptions of her), and she didn't seem to be neglected or ignored by her family. (No, I don't consider leaving a fifteen year old to walk themselves to the bus stop to be neglectful in any way.) I don't see her as falling for an online predator, but someone she knew might be a different story.

That is my biggest concern for her right now, is that she left with someone she knew, they pressured her and she turned them down or she offended them in some other way. I wish she had ran away, because that at least holds some hope for her survival, but I have severe doubts about that being what happened.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone recommended TES? TIA

For what it's worth, and it's only my opinion, I don't think that Sierra was/is the type to run away. She seems like the kind of girl that takes care of herself. She seems to care about her hair, her makeup, her style of dress. With all the talk of how much she loved that purse, I would bet that she was pretty attached to other things in her life.

That said, she is only 15. That's a rough age, and all it takes is the right words from the right person at the right time, and she ends up head over heels for some person that she has never met. As much as I would love to believe that nothing is ever really hidden, I doubt that. There could be outlets for communication out there that LE just hasn't found yet. She even could have met someone through an app on her phone, and then deleted the app. I'm not sure if there would be any remnant of in game messages if she did that.

But, that said, Sierra was not a high risk victim for the sort of predator that cruises around online. She wasn't low income, low self seteem (at least not from the descriptions of her), and she didn't seem to be neglected or ignored by her family. (No, I don't consider leaving a fifteen year old to walk themselves to the bus stop to be neglectful in any way.) I don't see her as falling for an online predator, but someone she knew might be a different story.

That is my biggest concern for her right now, is that she left with someone she knew, they pressured her and she turned them down or she offended them in some other way. I wish she had ran away, because that at least holds some hope for her survival, but I have severe doubts about that being what happened.

She actually was a high risk victim for an online predator. She had publicly viewable social networking sites, where she gave out information about herself. Online predators aren't going to find many low income kids to lure. And to me, it seems she had low self-esteem. If her talk about drugs, sex, etc. was just to seem "cool," then she felt that who she was just wasn't good enough to have friends.

This is why a 15-year-old has no real business on the internet other than for school purposes. The most intelligent, well-rounded teenager with a loving family and good, involved parents can fall for an online predator. Kids are very gullible.

That's not to say that it was definitely someone she met online, but it could have very well been.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone recommended TES? TIA

I haven't seen any mention of TES. Klaaskids is organizing searches this week. I know TES only works with LE's cooperation, but I agree that they might want to consider bringing TES in.

If I'm not mistaken, a stun gun was used to abduct Jaycee Duggard. She wrote about that in her book. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

could also (stun gun) cause bladder function to let go (re: no comment from LE as per urine on clothing)

That has got to be the most desolate bus stop I have ever seen!
And she walked it rain or shine.

Does anyone know what the bus route is for that area? Where is the next stop after Palm and Third? Has that been asked and answered?

TIA

I asked my father in law (a police officer) about a stun gun causing one to urinate and he said "sometimes".

FWIW

I remember reading an article about Amber DuBois, where dog(s) supposedly tracked her scent from the location where she vanished to a spot miles away, not too far from where she was actually buried, even though she was taken by car. Also something similar may have happened in Lacey Peterson's case. Can this really be done, and if so, does it require certain types of dogs? Or were these stories inflated/embellished once the victims were found? Does anyone else remember this?

I remember that really well cluciano... (re: the dogs)... They also showcased them on a special that was on Amber Dubois before she was found. They were special dogs.

In August, Jack, a short-haired pointer from Virgina and Quincy, a yellow lab from Maine, came to Escondido to find Amber Dubois.

Apparently they came very close.

The dogs are part of an organization called VK9 Scent Specific Search and Recovery Unit which is based in Virgina and dedicated to finding lost people. They were brought to Escondido at the behest of Amber’s family. Their travel expenses were paid through donations.

Sarah Platts, commander of VK9, said the dogs were taken to Amber’s home and picked up the girl’s scent and tracked it first to Escondido High School, then to Interstate 15.

From there, Platts said, the dogs were driven up the freeway to each exit ramp, then brought out of the vehicles to sniff.

That continued for about 12 miles until they exited at state Route 76.

The dogs hit on Amber’s scent there, which they followed about six miles to the small community of Pala.

At that point, Platts said, the dogs lost the scent.http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/search-dogs-came-close-seeking-amber-last-year/

I remember that really well cluciano... (re: the dogs)... They also showcased them on a special that was on Amber Dubois before she was found. They were special dogs.

Thanks for finding that...and it was months after Amber disappeared. I don't know what to make of it, but it seems it could not hurt to try, in an attempt to get a direction.

Thanks for finding that...and it was months after Amber disappeared. I don't know what to make of it, but it seems it could not hurt to try, in an attempt to get a direction.

I agree that it is well worth the try. I wonder where they began tracking Amber with those dogs? Because I remember that they thought she was last seen right next to the school. But they later found out from the killers interrogations that she was actually taken from a side street where she was walking alone.

I wonder if it would be harder for the dogs to trail her from the home driveway, since she left from the driveway so may other hundreds of times.

I remember reading an article about Amber DuBois, where dog(s) supposedly tracked her scent from the location where she vanished to a spot miles away, not too far from where she was actually buried, even though she was taken by car. Also something similar may have happened in Lacey Peterson's case. Can this really be done, and if so, does it require certain types of dogs? Or were these stories inflated/embellished once the victims were found? Does anyone else remember this?

Oh boy, this is one big ole can of worms.... Yes, I remember very very clearly.
Myself along with every other handler I have spoken to regarding this do not believe under the conditions and the length of time that the dogs were tracking Amber's scent.
In terms of Lacey Peterson, sadly that dog was also raked through the coals and completely discredited. It got very ugly and was very sad for handlers all over and what we stood for. The public really didn't follow the aftermath.
Yes, special training is required for car trailing, though any dog might happen to follow one from time to time. It is still very hit and miss because variables come into play BIG TIME. The amount of time scent is going to hold on pavement, especially in the heat and weather can be greatly reduced compared to say the woods. Thus shortening the window. I could go on and on, but don't want to completely go off topic!

We are 11 days out now, pushing the limits, but it wouldn't hurt to bring a dog in that has car trailing experience and try. I would have (or would now) tried drop trailing from where the bag and phone were found as well as the intersections that lead onto 101 and Bailey heading up into the hills. (And for all I know they did and I just didn't hear about it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member