Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
military folding...just like my father taught all of his children to do and we have taught all our children as well. it is a very cool way to fold clothes.
I don't believe it was military personnel. 1) There are no active military bases close by- Camp Parks in Dublin is a good hour away, and 2) some people are just neat- I learned to fold t-shirts from working in a department store.

Per Marc Klaas on Facebook:

Where is Sierra LaMar? We will explore the mystery tonight on Nancy Grace live. HLN @ 5 p.m. PDT.

Did LE ever mention finding a house key in Sierra's purse ? If not, I wonder where it is ? How was she expected to get back into her home after school ? IIRC, it was stated that house was locked up...
Or, did mom's BF,who worked construction in MH get home first ? And he would let Sierra in ? Then mom would get home last ?

Not trying to infer anything. Just wonder about her key...JMO

Did LE ever mention finding a house key in Sierra's purse ? If not, I wonder where it is ? How was she expected to get back into her home after school ? IIRC, it was stated that house was locked up...
Or, did mom's BF,who worked construction in MH get home first ? And he would let Sierra in ? Then mom would get home last ?

Not trying to infer anything. Just wonder about her key...JMO

Someone made a good point about this before. It's not unlikely that she didn't carry keys. A lot of people have codes now and go through the garage.

60 detectives???? For one missing girl???? That's a bit unrealistic, IMO. I could believe 6, but 60.... WOW!

I never read about 60 detectives but maybe this?????

The heightened search efforts will cover a 12-mile radius from Palm and Dougherty avenues in north Morgan Hill, the site of the school bus stop that LaMar usually walks to on her way to Sobrato High School. The search will include about 60 members of search and rescue teams from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the sheriff’s office.

Four search K-9 dogs will also participate in the search, Cardoza added. The FBI joined the local search efforts earlier this week.

The other agencies are assisting through a “state mutual aid request,” he said.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_2e3f46ea-75db-11e1-bb4d-0019bb30f31a.html

I'll keep looking.

Someone made a good point about this before. It's not unlikely that she didn't carry keys. A lot of people have codes now and go through the garage.

TY...do we know that Sierra did this ? Would she have exited through that front door,do you think ? JMO

60 detectives???? For one missing girl???? That's a bit unrealistic, IMO. I could believe 6, but 60.... WOW!

Yes, I agree, 60 detecs plus the FBI... and yet, nothing... MOO Something is ...off about all of this. JMO

TY...do we know that Sierra did this ? Would she have exited through that front door,do you think ? JMO

That's a good question. I have a code for my garage and I let my dog sitter enter my house that way rather than giving her a key. But she exits out the front door and locks the door behind her.

Now there is always the question if the parents required the deadbolt to be locked during the day...if that is the case then she would have needed a key and just gone out the garage. imo.

Just another suggestion for a LEO.
Check the local car rental places there in Morgan hill area and see if any were rented to anyone the day before or two before her disappearance. My theory and its just a theory. They could have made it to the airport with a 12 hour head start. And working under the theory she has been killed maybe she is in the trunk and parked somewhere. Like at the airport or some other parking area.
Just thinking out loud on the theories.

And see if any rented has not been returned as schedule.

Road

Locks on doors

some doors have this http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/fa/pc/adjust-strike-plate-800x800.jpg

and above that is a dead bolt http://www.unclebobstips.com/graphics/uncle-bobs-tips_types-of-door-locks_180x116.jpg
that a key is needed to unlock from the outside but can have a turn knob on the inside to lock/unlock

Some doors have a double dead bolt ... where a key is needed on the inside AND outside to lock/unlock

I have not read what kind of door locking system/or garage system that Sierra's home was equipped with. Just that the door was "locked". So ........

do you think they are not releasing a statement on lab results of the clothing for purposes of false confessions or arrest purposes (so the perp won't know they have evidence)? even the profilers brought up the clothing in the press release i think on the 2nd. so it is important, or maybe not.

i still think she just packed an extra outfit...even if it wasn't normal for her. it seems like they would have rec'd the lab results by now and made a statement if there was nothing suspicious about the clothing...any thoughts? IDK...multiple scenarios...

neatly folded to me means 1)as fbi state - ocd on behalf of the perp 2)just regular folding of clothing after laundering...i don't think it as extreme as military folding, etc. I think that statement intended to say that the clothes were not thrown in the bag..but rather folded...jmo

question regarding the phone - i'm confused.

so if they really can tell where the phone is at any given time (that is not my understanding), then LE should know the path of the phone and what time it was deposited in the field.

my understanding is that it pings and records with activity (text, call) or when they are looking for it.

maybe i misunderstood the thread...

I know that LE says the clothes were folded. But "everyone" (her dad, van Zandt, etc) do not think there is an easy explanation for this. The main reason is the fact that the underclothes were included, which, unless this was due to a color difference between outfits, would seem to be out of character for her or any teen.

LE did not show the clothes to the press or public, or, presumably, the parents. But they STRESSED that they were "neatly folded". Either there is something unique about the manner in which they were folded, or they weren't folded at all and LE is IMO disseminating false information to lure someone out who will dispute this, even privately to people he/she thinks she can trust.

There was a movie a while ago where a teenager was killed and a few local kids knew she was lying dead in or near a stream and even went to look from time to time, but it took weeks for anyone to "tell". I believe the story was true, and very shocking. If it was a teenager, someone may know, but not have decided who/how/if they should tell.

I think the reason LE has shown no one these clothes and how they were folded is if they ever catch the perp they will get a search warrant for his home and will look to see if he folded his own clothes in a similiar manner.

He may be a neat freak and have to have his own clothes folded a certain way.

IMO

I'm going to throw this in here about the books being found. I read...and I don't know where or maybe it was on Nancy Grace...but they said there were items found at home that were not suppose to be there. And no further discussion about that...I thought immediately that it was her books. when they first released the statement about the bag being found (and this went on for several days and was said in LE press conf) that only the clothes were found in the bag...nothing else.

I dont watch Nancy's show often. I find she is usually way behind on her bombshell breaking news. lol She also can put out misinformation and never corrects it.

There is a video on this thread that someone linked this morning and Smith said that the books were found inside the Juicy bag. Smith said it was normal things that would be expected to be in there. So I wonder if they not only found the clothing and books but maybe some makeup and brush...etc.

IMO

Hey all, been following this case closely, haven't posted much. Anyway, going on the evidence/info we currently have, to me, this seems like a stranger abduction. Most likely two stranger abduction. Here is what I believe is the most plausible scenario (certainly many many more situations and scenarios are possible or even likely, but to me, this seems most likely)

Sierra walked to the end of her driveway with her purse and phone. Her spare clothes were in her bag for an innocent reason i.e. going to an activity after school, out with a friend, sleepover etc. If the scent dogs are accurate and her trail ended at the driveway, it stands to reason her abductors forced her into a vehicle and drove off. One person driving, one holding her down and then throwing her phone and purse out the window. I believe the abductor or abductors did not know Sierra, but are in the area often for a reason. Maybe they've seen her a few times and figured the timing was just right, or maybe they planned it. But they are in the area often. (Cableman, construction, farmer, etc)

I can easily poke holes in my theory, so I am always open to hearing new and fresh ideas and insights. And praying for a happy outcome

Good thoughts...to add, someone made a good point on another site. they mentioned how coincidental it is that the farm guys were working in a totally different location that day (in Bailey - direct statement from Luis (sp))...did the abductor/s know that? what a coincidence, right?

either that, or they saw they weren't there that day and took it as an opportunity.

I dont watch Nancy's show often. I find she is usually way behind on her bombshell breaking news. lol She also can put out misinformation and never corrects it.

There is a video on this thread that someone linked this morning and Smith said that the books were found inside the Juicy bag. Smith said it was normal things that would be expected to be in there. So I wonder if they not only found the clothing and books but maybe some makeup and brush...etc.

IMO

i can go find it for you...but LE statement specifically said no makeup, no comb, no wallet....

ok found it for you...here is LE direct statement..

"Nothing else was found in the purse - not even makeup, a wallet or hair brush, Cardoza said"

the busdriver said she carried the books everyday...

here is the entire article...

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/update-sierra-lamar-s-purse-and-clothes-found/article_db3bf222-744a-11e1-b2b5-001a4bcf6878.html

I don't believe it was military personnel. 1) There are no active military bases close by- Camp Parks in Dublin is a good hour away, and 2) some people are just neat- I learned to fold t-shirts from working in a department store.

I was jumping off someone's post regarding military folding. I was pointing out that a lot of people fold neatly besides military people.

do you think they are not releasing a statement on lab results of the clothing for purposes of false confessions or arrest purposes (so the perp won't know they have evidence)? even the profilers brought up the clothing in the press release i think on the 2nd. so it is important, or maybe not.

i still think she just packed an extra outfit...even if it wasn't normal for her. it seems like they would have rec'd the lab results by now and made a statement if there was nothing suspicious about the clothing...any thoughts? IDK...multiple scenarios...

neatly folded to me means 1)as fbi state - ocd on behalf of the perp 2)just regular folding of clothing after laundering...i don't think it as extreme as military folding, etc. I think that statement intended to say that the clothes were not thrown in the bag..but rather folded...jmo

I dont think they have the lab results back. We have no idea what tests they want run on the clothing. But they will not divulge any results. They will keep those results close to their vest to assist them with their ongoing investigation.

I really dont think she did pack these clothes. If she was just going to skip school for the day and be back by the time her mom arrived home she would have just left her books in her room. I fully feel this was a normal typical day for Sierra. Up and dressed ...tweeting and texting and out the door around 7:11 am to catch the bus.

The way the clothes were folded could be a big potential piece of evidence if the perp is ever caught. It may be something they do obsessively in their own home as well.

Pat Brown, on HLN said often sadist predators are methodical.

If his goal was to make sure he could get all of her clothing and books into the purse he would have taken his time to make sure they fit inside of the purse.

IMO

I, too, thought I read that 60 LE were assigned to the case along with FBI, etc. So far, with a quick search of the Media & Timeline Thread, I found this:
(sorry, not sure yet how to get it into the quote box...too much lurking & not enough posting for me!)

March 26 more @ link

Quote:
As of Monday, the sheriff’s office’s plan for the ongoing investigation is to “re-canvass” areas that have already been searched – including the neighborhoods and fields surrounding the LaMar home in north Morgan Hill – and to re-interview some of Sierra’s classmates and former classmates, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

More than 40 local sheriff’s deputies have been assigned to the case – not including those assisting from the FBI and surrounding counties, Cardoza said.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/...a4bcf6878.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member