Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ransom, that's what I meant, we're on the same page (I think). I was replying to 90nine "I'm sure there is 24x7 FBI and LE on everything around that area' when I was there on that Sunday and there was no 24x7 on anything around, so I said I am not sure about that.

I am working up some courage to go search on Saturday am. I am just scared about it honestly. I think about the family who found my brother and how horrible that was for them.

I think I will be there Saturday too, melley.

When they moved in October, did they move themselves or did they use a moving company? Lots of moving companies don't do background checks or keep accurate records of their employees.

Often ex-cons are hired by moving companies. That and carpet companies seem to hire them.

I was just saying that IF they did it as a sick JOKE they would be found out.

But even if it wasn't a joke, I am pretty sure that you are supposed to dispose of used condoms. YUCK.

I misunderstood you, my bad.

I think that YUCK factor is the reason why people throw out their used condoms as soon as they are done with them. Inside a house, there's usually an appropriate place nearby but in the great outdoors? It's just easier and less embarrassing, less YUCK, to toss them on the ground.

Of course, I remind myself that my own wild days were literally before HIV, so condoms were considered for birth control purposes only. I had access to the pill (and parents that did not freak out because I wanted it), so maybe I over-estimate the YUCK factor.

Did Sierra cheer for the high school she attended? I saw pics of her in Jr. High or maybe Freshman at Fremont but none for Morgan Hill. Did I miss them?
She was a cheerleader at Fremont's Washington High School..but was not on the cheer squad at Sobrato.
However, she was on a cheer squad in an outside organization..but I am not certain the dates she belonged to this organization.
JMO

I wonder what other evidence has been collected that the media didn't get its claws on.

IMO, it would be better if the report about the used condoms and cardboard box labeled handcuffs had not been released to the public. Really, what purpose does it accomplish, particularly when its relevance is yet unknown if it exists at all?

Makes for more publicity because what news outlet could resist running that story? In missing persons cases, there is no such thing as too much publicity.

Here on WS, we've certainly seen what happens to many missing persons cases. A story or two in the local media and then... nothing. The families have to work hard to get more attention and families vary widely in their ability to get attention.

I forgot about Red Fin...an excellent resource for Real Estate property out here...and probably all over. Thank you.

It's isolated, FGS! Perfect place for crime. This house is wide open. I won't go on my rant about this part of Morgan Hill again. It looks like a paradise for pedophiles and criminals. I have to admit when I was in my thirties, I didn't think about or worry about criminals/pedophiles. It all changed when I went to work for CDOC.

BBM. Actually, it's called Camp Parks, and it's officially in Dublin, about an hour away...

Thank you for the clarification!
I was reading the map as we were driving up to Morgan Hill on Tuesday to do some sleuthing. The printing was fairly small, and reading in cars is not the best condition to read.
I found these places on the map hoping others more experienced with the areas could clarify for me!:seeya:

Always felt connected to MK since I had the misfortune to have to be around the perp who murdered Polly....UGH! !

I have heard of some cases where rapists used condoms so they would leave no obvious DNA behind. Even some killer/rapists have done that.

Thanks to all of you who clarified the reason why a perp would use a condom.
I realize now that my comment sounds pretty darn naive!
Oh well...live and learn!:blushing:

I wonder what other evidence has been collected that the media didn't get its claws on.

IMO, it would be better if the report about the used condoms and cardboard box labeled handcuffs had not been released to the public. Really, what purpose does it accomplish, particularly when its relevance is yet unknown if it exists at all?

I think LE, the FBI, volunteers, and organizations have all been doing a tremendous job of working towards finding Sierra.

I was wondering, in my inexperience, why this information was reported so soon after the discovery. If it is not related, it is an emotionally charged report, which could cause hurt, and turmoil.
Could it have been leaked?
Is this sending a message to the perp?

Makes for more publicity because what news outlet could resist running that story? In missing persons cases, there is no such thing as too much publicity.

Here on WS, we've certainly seen what happens to many missing persons cases. A story or two in the local media and then... nothing. The families have to work hard to get more attention and families vary widely in their ability to get attention.

Thanks! Altho I cannot disagree with merits of the publicity concept, the release of this info doesn't feel right to me. I'd be more inclined to think it was intended for ratings. :-o

At least for right now, this case very much has the attention of the media.

I'm also not sure where the story originated (too tired to re-read articles at this hour). Was it a leak or was it a tidbit that an aggressive reporter extracted from a searcher, and only confirmed by LE? Or did LE initiate the release?

I think LE, the FBI, volunteers, and organizations have all been doing a tremendous job of working towards finding Sierra.

I was wondering, in my inexperience, why this information was reported so soon after the discovery. If it is not related, it is an emotionally charged report, which could cause hurt, and turmoil.

It is much better to give out information than withhold it, IMO. So many cases tell nothing and the cases simply disappear. They generate no public support but quite the opposite. If LE appears to be sharing with the public, the public is more grateful and willing to help. I think the reason some don't give info is 1. attorneys force them to keep quiet...or 2. they are inexperienced and aren't quite sure what they are doing or how to proceed with the investigation.

As soon as a perp is identified and/or lawyers up, everything comes to a screeching halt. The public gets nothing once the suspects get an attorney. LE out here WANT public support.

It sure is sending a message. They are telling him WE WILL GET YOU!

I hope my car is ready tomorrow, I'm anxious to get there..

....goodnight all. :offtobed:

I have a weird feeling LE is making things up..because if the abducter folded the clothes, they must be very over the top organized, maybe OCD or compulsive. So by LE making false reports and putting out suggestions that did not happen, they maybe trying to get a reaction out of this compulsive suspect! Jmo:)
I mean comeon, wouldn't they have found condoms and a handcuf box days ago?! And the whole changing the case from run away to abducted to possible this and that- k think they're messing with the guy/girls responsible for sierras disappearance

This isn't sounding good :(

Hope someone just dumped them after having some fun and they are not related.

Lets all hope there's some positive news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710