Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems pretty pointless to me to ditch a harmless bag of clothing, yet retain the girl...the bag could easily have been disposed of later, anywhere, and probably would never have been found, or linked to Sierra. I can't get what the big hurry to get rid of the bag could be. JMO

You don't think there's any possibility that an abductor might fear she had a GPS locator in her purse?

They're getting so common, you can buy them in Wal-Mart. And many of them are programmed to send an automatic alert if the locator strays out of a certain geographical area, which could bring LE right to the locator (and hence, the perp).

We know Sierra had no such device. But the perp wouldn't have any way of knowing it at the time.

My parents, may they now rest in peace...did not know what my sister and I were up to at fifteen, no matter how close we were and how "average" I seemed. I had good grades, started working at 15, had close friends, etc...looked pretty "square" but got up to plenty. There is just no way I believe that parents know exactly what their kids may or may not do when not in their sights. Peer pressure has always been strong and I think it gets stronger with each passing decade. If anything, parents now are lucky that they can at least sneak peaks at cell phones, computers, etc....my poor parents just had to take my word for everything...JMO

We've been back and forth about Sierra's accounts...and I will never believe that is "normal". Common, maybe, but not normal. She may have had some dangerous friends, or certainly may have attracted some dangerous predators by her tweets, posts, image, etc...she may have exposed herself to a type of person that another 15-year old would not have, even if by chance. I think it opens up the suspect pool to include anyone who visited her various pages...

JMOJMOJMO

You don't think there's any possibility that an abductor might fear she had a GPS locator in her purse?

They're getting so common, you can buy them in Wal-Mart. And many of them are programmed to send an automatic alert if the locator strays out of a certain geographical area, which could bring LE right to the locator (and hence, the perp).

We know Sierra had no such device. But the perp wouldn't have any way of knowing it at the time.

Yes I did think of that...especially if she made a move toward her bag...but it doesn't explain where all the rest of her stuff is...did LE say they found make-up, etc...? Her wallet/cash? A hairbrush? A girl could have extra stuff in her locker, but I can't see her walking out the door without any of the items girls carry. I keep thinking he would have wanted everything gone, or not worried about anything at all...JMO

BBM: How do we know that?

I never really post but I read the threads, having a 15 year old daughter this one just hits too close to home. My daughter carries a daydreamer Juicy bag its black and pink, a lot of the girls her age carry them and they are among the most popular. A few days ago I went through her purse just to see what was in there, and she has different bags containing make up, pens and pencils, perfume, body spray, lip gloss, sunglasses, a wallet with her ID and cards, a small ipod speaker and feminine items. Now that kids use smartphone apps their battery dies so they often take chargers. I cannot imagine this young ladies bag having nothing but a change of clothes and her books. If her bag was tossed with the clothing, I am curious as to where the normal contents of her purse are. I have also thought if she were to be made to fold her own clothes that they would be neat becaue it would buy her time? As for being restrained, she is tiny, it would be easy to over power her and if they had handcuffs, use them for the trip if it is in a car. As for the twitter, my daughter has a PG version, but you would be very shocked to see what children tweet, even really good kids, the kids belive this is a private chatting area and that parents are not cool enough to even know twitter exsist. A girl at my daughters school tweets about "weed" non stop and I know her parents and my daughter knows this child and she has never been around weed nor does she smoke it, many things kids write are song lyrics or done for shock value and literally mean nothing. Twitter will show you who a childs friends are, maybe a few pictures but nothing more as to an insight into a particular kids real life, we literally know a kid that wears gang colors on there and throws gang signs in pictures that is in no way affiliated, he only wishes that he was. I believe she was taken not far from her home from a stranger or someone she knew very little, maybe in passing. I think that her clothing that was found she had been wearing and that she didn't pack it, my daughter packs a sports bra but she runs track. Her personal items being missing from her purse give me some hope that she is being held. Does anyone believe that if the handcuff box is related that it was dropped after that area was initailly searched, could it have been dropped by a volunteer? Often these sickos enjoy being part of the rescue attempt, or case in general. Also, I belive that regarding her essay that is wasn't about the suicide or depression but about the brothers love, many girls this age are enamored by these stories, i do not know why, but it's all over their facebook likes and twitters. That's my two cents or 72 cents. I just hope so much they bring her home and wish all our children were protected from this type of horror.

Fantastic - thank you!

Great point about the makeup and other items. Nobody has mentioned anything about an iPod, etc. Nobody has said if her makeup was found at home, etc.

ith that said...

I hope LE and volunteers are scouring CL and other sites used for sex trafficking.

Recent example: Dr. Phil guest - she was 17, went with friends she knew to hang out and have some drinks. She knew all except one guy there, but he was friends with the other friends. He offered to take her home. He actually took her to his home, with his parents home (snuck her in), drugged her, took her to a motel and pimped her out on CL, even with the missing search going on. He wasn't doing the prostitution/pimping alone. This was organized. Luckily, one of the friends who was there that night came forward and told the girls mom about the girl going with his friend that evening. But that was almost 3 weeks into the ordeal. She was being held at the motel for 3 weeks, and only got out of it because the friend finally came forward. He was interview by police multiple times, spoke ith her mom on a regular basis...was too afraid to say anything. Ouch.

Hey guys I am just recently into this case. I have followed a little bit. What was said on Sierra's twitter and stuff that has everyone concerned?

Nothing we can quote on WS without getting the post yanked! <snrk>

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

There were a lot of drug references, outrageous language, pictures that were very sexual in nature, pictures of drugs, etc. A lot of what sounded really awful is actually song lyrics and (if I recall correctly) a few movie quotes. She was also an avid re-tweeter, so a lot of what was on her Twitter account didn't originate from her keyboard.

My personal opinion is that none of it seemed that unusual for a teen, particularly a teen who was trying to appear tough and edgy. I thought it was naive, that she didn't truly understand the full implications or possible future repercussions of what she was posting.

But I'm not an adolescent development expert; an expert may have seen things that were of concern.

Nothing we can quote on WS without getting the post yanked! <snrk>

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

There were a lot of drug references, outrageous language, pictures that were very sexual in nature, pictures of drugs, etc. A lot of what sounded really awful is actually song lyrics and (if I recall correctly) a few movie quotes. She was also an avid re-tweeter, so a lot of what was on her Twitter account didn't originate from her keyboard.

My personal opinion is that none of it seemed that unusual for a teen, particularly a teen who was trying to appear tough and edgy. I thought it was naive, that she didn't truly understand the full implications or possible future repercussions of what she was posting.

But I'm not an adolescent development expert; an expert may have seen things that were of concern.

To me, the repercussions could include attracting the attention of a sexual predator...that is why I think they are important. Those guys troll the internet for young girls and she really put herself out there, not in a good way, IMO.

Agree about perp fearing something in bag, hence tossing it. Also, since she liked that Juicy bag so much, could have been an act of meanness or control.
Would think a serial type would have wanted the bag as a trophy, or would have taken the underwear in it, had he opened it.
Hmmm, wondering what are the odds of it being a female abductor(s)?

Sgt. Cardoza did not say what I Bolded. He didn't say no coment and he didn't say "secreted" either.

He said "The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential ....."

Full presser. Please ... everyone watch/listen for your own clarity.
http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-santa-clara-sheriff-sgt-jose-cardoza/vGfDT/

This is where I had originally gotten the "secreted" word information on the first thread #548
"The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has told NBC Bay Area that they have discovered a personal item related to the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.
It was found over the weekend by searchers in a "secreted area" north of her Morgan Hill home. "

Just to clarify.

Agree about perp fearing something in bag, hence tossing it. Also, since she liked that Juicy bag so much, could have been an act of meanness or control.
Would think a serial type would have wanted the bag as a trophy, or would have taken the underwear in it, had he opened it.

I am still kind of stuck on the female perps as a possibility. At first I was kind of leaning that way because she was new to the school and very pretty and I am sure the boys were paying her some attention. My DD is very beautiful and she had lots of issues with mean girls over the years.

But as time as gone on I tend to doubt that. I don't think teen girls would be able to hide the crimes for this long. I think someone would talk or be detected somehow.

So now I am leaning towards a more experienced perp who lurked long enough to sketch out her routine.

Here is an article about a site that is under huge controversy right now for trafficking. Interesting article...it's a similar to CL, and they don't want to remove the adult content ..22 million a year off of it.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/senators-state-ags-backpage-sex-trafficking-ads-enrich-village-voice-media/

According to New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof, Backpage.com earns its parent company $22 million per year with an immense collection of online prostitution advertisements. The website, Kristof alleged, serves about 70 percent of all online prostitution advertisements in the nation.

This is where I had originally gotten the "secreted" word information on the first thread #548
"The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has told NBC Bay Area that they have discovered a personal item related to the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.
It was found over the weekend by searchers in a "secreted area" north of her Morgan Hill home. "

Just to clarify.

I'm aware of that and all the other "sources" that say "secreted", but it didn't happen, IMO. I linked the Full Presser. AND Sgt. Cardoza didn't say "no comment" either when asked by a reporter about the urine.

Just to clarify.

I think her mom would have said so. But who knows.

Mom has never been asked that question (that I've seen/read or can link to). We just don't know. JMO and I don't speculate either. I just try to link to clarify a position or a question. I don't make a bold statement unless I can link to it, but that's just me.

Night all.

Yes I did think of that...especially if she made a move toward her bag...but it doesn't explain where all the rest of her stuff is...did LE say they found make-up, etc...? Her wallet/cash? A hairbrush? A girl could have extra stuff in her locker, but I can't see her walking out the door without any of the items girls carry. I keep thinking he would have wanted everything gone, or not worried about anything at all...JMO

At this link:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17...type=printable

Sheriff Laurie Smith said:

"It was her clothing. It was things that she would have kept with her and it was school books. We believe she was on her way to school. It shouldn't have been where it was. It definitely elevates our concerns," said Sheriff Laurie Smith of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

I think a hairbrush, makeup, wallet, etc, could easily fall into the category of "things she would have kept with her."

I have no way to know for sure what that category includes, but it sounds like personal items to me.

My thoughts exactly. Girls would know how much she cherished the bag.

At this link:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17...type=printable

Sheriff Laurie Smith said:

I think a hairbrush, makeup, wallet, etc, could easily fall into the category of "things she would have kept with her."

I have no way to know for sure what that category includes, but it sounds like personal items to me.

I wish they would be consistent:

"Nothing else was found in the purse - not even makeup, a wallet or hair brush, Cardoza said." Direct quote...

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/update-sierra-lamar-s-purse-and-clothes-found/article_db3bf222-744a-11e1-b2b5-001a4bcf6878.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth