Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/FBI-Activity-Surrounds-LaMar-House-143933026.html

Search and rescue dogs were brought in as the FBI combed through neighbors' yards. They seemed focused on one yard adjacent to the LaMar home.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/sierra-lamar/nLbDR/
VIDEO

I must be blind, or tired (or most likely, both), but I didn't see that on those two links. I do vaguely remember that being said way back when, but IIRC it was a news person who made that determination, and well, if that's the case, then I put even less stock in it. They've reported in the news that I was working a trail when my dog was on a potty break getting out of the truck, so...

I must be blind, or tired (or most likely, both), but I didn't see that on those two links. I do vaguely remember that being said way back when, but IIRC it was a news person who made that determination, and well, if that's the case, then I put even less stock in it. They've reported in the news that I was working a trail when my dog was on a potty break getting out of the truck, so...

Yes, the way it was worded, it didn't say the dogs focused, it just said they focused, which could be just referring to LE.

Here is the bag Sierra had..
Juicy%20Couture%20Free%20Style%20Velour%20Handbag%20Black-Pink.jpg

I actually think one of the worst mistakes that LE made early on was speculating she could have gone with someone willingly. There is absolutely no evidence that she would go with someone that absolutely no one in her life knows about. Nothing found on her cell phone. Nothing found on her computer.

Her very best friends and family have been interviewed and none of them think she would do this, and they would know if she was the type to do this, and if she was, who she would go with.

Imo, they have done a great disservice to Sierra and what really happened to her. Nothing points to her leaving willingly with someone. It is like LE pulled that theory out of thin air. Even now they say she was abduted and being abducted is nothing about going willingly.

What evidence is there that she went willingly with someone? Nothing..not one thing.

IMO

While I don't believe Sierra ran away, I don't think nothing being found on her cell or computer is definitive. She could have had a prepaid cell that she bought or someone else bought for her. A friend of my daughter's has one of those. IDK where she got it, even ... though I do know that her parents are divorced and that her curfew with one is different than her curfew with the other. We don't really know if Sierra's mom and dad were on the same page, either.

I do lean toward an actual abduction, someone watching and waiting until the circumstances were right, most likely, mainly because of where/how her cell was found. But how/where her bag was found befuddles me a bit, and how she disappeared w/o any sign of struggle. Cutting school for a day isn't the the same as running away, either. I did it when I was her age, I kind of hate to admit. JMO.

respectfully snipped...

if it IS a 1980's vehicle than the plate could be yellow/gold on blue, as someone mentioned that the license plate of the car shown had blue plates. I have gold/yellow on blue plate from the '80s, it's a personalized plate. Or was it determined that was NOT the actual car in the pix that was "seen" ??:waitasec:

okay, back to reading and catching up! :crazy:

TY for that interesting information, it is excellent... it was,as another poster indicated, a stock photo. It's very possible that the "white car " info is rumor too.. MOO ... I tend to think not, but who knows. JMO

1st link 2nd paragraph.

Here's another reference
http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...fies-for-missing-15-year-old-morgan-hill-girl
VIDEO too
They spent hours searching neighbors backyards, even bringing in canines to sniff for clues. They spent most of the night searching a large property right next door to the missing 15-year-old girl's home.

Thanks for your info but the pics i saw on Twitter with the guy wearing red converses are dated December and February, before Sierra disappeared.

Yes, this was a picture I saw also. A whole group of kids wearing them and I think Sierra may have been in the pic but I'm not sure. I don't know if it is in photobucket or was somewhere else. Where can I find the photobucket pics?

Its the one shown on Nancy Grace from the onset.. its the one that's been posted numerous times here.. as well as its the one that Marlene had agreed was like Sierras..

This appears to me to be a handbag.

Sierra is shown in a photo with that same color pink SHOULDER strap.

So how can we be sure this is the same one?

My oldest daughter has the same type JC but a different color. To me it's an over-sized handbag. She carries her one notebook in it but it would be a very tight fit if she had clothes in it and i doubt she could fit a HS sized textbook, not even one.

Have they searched any areas in fremont?
she did spend all her life there? All but the last 6 months?

Its the one shown on Nancy Grace from the onset.. its the one that's been posted numerous times here.. as well as its the one that Marlene had agreed was like Sierras..

Be that as it may, I've seen at least one pic of Sierra with a single crossover shoulder strap.

The site I mentioned before said the models are designated by model number and whether it is a handbag or shoulder bag style.

This appears to me to be a handbag.

Sierra is shown in a photo with that same color pink SHOULDER strap.

So how can we be sure this is the same one?

Most bags like this have an optional shoulder strap as well. This bag is very similar and in the description has a shoulder strap, but one isn't shown in the picture.
http://www.jc-outlet.com/juicy-couture-velour-charmed-crown-madge-black-handbags-p-309.html
I think that just because the stock website picture doesn't show a shoulder strap it doesn't mean her purse didn't have one.

Moo regarding the sheriffs statements. .

While I see that there may have been a better way for her to answer some of the questions. .she by far is not the worst I have seen or heard when answering questions about an ongoing investigation.. that said I don't understand why it seems so far fetched for parts of the investigation to may have changed.. throughout investigating it is very possible that certain issues or details may have been uncovered or brought to light about the investigation.. therefore the status of certain people or issues could have changed.. that regularly happens in an ongoing investigation.. the investigation does not remain the same.. it progresses and in that progression information is learned that they did not have in weeks prior when possibly other statements were made.. it could change drastically or it could change just enough for LE to no longer feel comfortable stating that ANYONE IS IN THE CLEAR AT ALL. .

this is SOP as in when new details come to light it quite possibly changes the direction or avenue that a case is currently on.. does it not seem natural that LE would have learned much more than what they knew two weeks ago when they made a statement? Of course it does..jmo..

Just as cluciano posted the other day about the Vilet case.. LE went from saying the dad/stepdad Was in no way a suspect in the investigation.. to that later changing to LE stating he was a POI. . It happens..this is what occurs throughout a investigation.. there is new info that is learned that can change the status of the case. . I personally cannot cling to statements as absolute fact in knowing weeks have passed, much info has been learned, and for whatever reasons LE now states THAT NO ONE IS IN THE CLEAR..

*as a sidenote I am not one whose main theory involves the stepdad and that's not what I'm aiming at as the objective of my above post.. my point is that nothing remains the same.. there is a natural progression where much info is learned that wasn't available to LE early on.. this info could very drastically change the status and direction of the case.. IMO LE obviously are no longer comfortable stating that ANYONE is cleared or not still being looked at.. it appears as tho they are still very thoroughly investigating all avenues.. why the change? IMO due to new info being learned while investigating Sierra's disappearance.. IMO there's nothing hinky or unusual about that..

That is true, things can change but it isnt conclusive that it will change. Some cases just never get to first base and remain that way. Its unfortunate but it does happen. We have so many unsolved cases.

I dont think anything has changed. They are still saying as recent as a few days ago they believe she was either abducted by an aquaintance or a complete stranger. LE has no clue which one it is, imo.

There is nothing pointing to progress in the case, imo. The searches are getting further and further out with no luck of finding Sierra. In fact today this case seems to have gone silent. Nothing new and not even one mention about Sierra today on the national news outlets and only a local article about old news already known.

And we can all believe that the reporters are still contacting Lt. Troy Smith for an update on the case like they have been doing since she disappeared but yet ...nothing.

Since you mentioned Rick, I will say this. Yes, things do change, but never have I seen LE come out and state publicly that someone is not involved in a case and then it turns out they were. Not once have I ever seen this happen over the decades of keeping up with true crime cases. So imo, nothing has changed concerning the three adults in the case. Sheriff Smith can all of a sudden do a 180 degree turn, but no one is going to forget her Media Officer Smith, or her detective, Cardoza, saying Marlene, Rick and Steve are not involved in the disappearance of Sierra.

So I really dont know what has changed except it seems this case is dropping back to the backburner.

IMO

Most bags like this have an optional shoulder strap as well. This bag is very similar and in the description has a shoulder strap, but one isn't shown in the picture.
http://www.jc-outlet.com/juicy-couture-velour-charmed-crown-madge-black-handbags-p-309.html
I think that just because the stock website picture doesn't show a shoulder strap it doesn't mean her purse didn't have one.

I wondered that too, as many purses will have handles and then an optional attachable shoulder strap.

But, when I went to the purse website it distinguised between the model being a handbag or shoulder bag.
Why would that be necessary if every one of them had the option?

Looking around where Sierra lived via Google Earth - it's so open! A young gal walking to a bus stop would really stand out. Perhaps it's just the way Google Earth makes everything appear so devoid of people, but I wouldn't want to stand there waiting for a bus.

Be that as it may, I've seen at least one pic of Sierra with a single crossover shoulder strap.

The site I mentioned before said the models are designated by model number and whether it is a handbag or shoulder bag style.

Ive seen that also but it's a different type of strap than the pink and black JC. Maybe she did have another bag she took to school.

I wondered that too, as many purses will have handles and then an optional attachable shoulder strap.

But, when I went to the purse website it distinguised between the model being a handbag or shoulder bag.
Why would that be necessary if every one of them had the option?

The one I linked that has a shoulder strap is described as a handbag. Size maybe?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members