Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SPOTLIGHT CASE CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #8

I asked about a necklace back on page 28. I went to look at found mention of it here as well.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/31/local/la-me-missing-20120331
March 31, 2012

"If the grass is high, get close — close enough to see a necklace," the gray-haired Boyd instructed volunteers. Sierra is petite, he reminded the searchers, while urging them to look out for clothing or the colored rubber bracelets teens like to wear.

That was a searcher speaking to a group getting ready to search.

Those are the only two articles I see mentioning jewelry. Of course, LE may not be releasing that info for whatever reason but I thought I'd put it here. Possible necklace and possible rubber bracelets as well. Not confirmed by LE.

ETA: JMHO but they aren't releasing enough statements or info for the general public. JMHO but unless she is found soon, media reports are going to start slowing down. All JMHO. I haven't discussed on her threads for a day or so now. Not enough info released. Not even confirmation or elaboration on what was released. JMHO.

attachment.php

spacer.gif

images

To me the bag looks similar to this but the black border at the top of the pink bag is pretty thin. In the video I cannot see any pink on the bag.

I think it's more that style than the gathered top one.

attachment.php

spacer.gif

images

To me the bag looks similar to this but the black border at the top of the pink bag is pretty thin. In the video I cannot see any pink on the bag.

This is not the bag we were led to believe was like Sierra's. However, this bag makes more sense in that it looks as if the clothing and two or three school books might fit in it.

To me it looks like the pink starts after a thin leather lining like that similar purse posted above.

Edit: It also looks like the shoulder handles come down past the pink as well in the purse "secreted" in the screenshot above...

Either way, NG show was wrong again.

Question: has the media/LE worded the bag description as "black and pink" or "pink and black"? Because that bag I posted to me is "pink and black" whereas a mostly black bag would be "black and pink"

...things are just not adding up here. Do LE often intentionally misrepresent things?

...things are just not adding up here. Do LE often intentionally misrepresent things?

Big problem is the reporting, and the junior reporters that the (senior) reporters send out to "cover" a story.

“And the pocketbook is the only thing they know that she had.”
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Uh....this big bag wasn’t a pocketbook and supposedly Sierra carried it with her everywhere. Sierra’s mom was on NG’s show when this “pocketbook” was discussed and she didn’t contradict them. Weird.
 Many moms would have interjected that it wasn't a small pocketbook and that NG's photo of the bag was incorrect. Someone might have seen a young woman with such a bag with a man. This could identify her abductor. Details are important. Why wasn't this misinformation corrected?

Question: has the media/LE worded the bag description as "black and pink" or "pink and black"? Because that bag I posted to me is "pink and black" whereas a mostly black bag would be "black and pink"

LE might intentionally misrepresent things, but I see no reason for them to misrepresent what a missing person was last seen wearing or what their purse looks like. If they want people to be watching for a person or for evidence of where the person might have been, they would have to give accurate descriptions. IMO.

I don't think we'll figure out which one it is. We don't know what year it was purchased and where it was purchased. :sigh: we need more info please.

For now, I will say it is a large tote. It is not a frilly girly bag....grrr.

Her mother did not indicate kge of her having any plans to stay over. She was not going to practice either...per her mother's interview.

. I don't call that "secreted' or "

Her mother:banghead: she agreed that that was the purse Sierra had....
her mother has many stories of the photo in the shirt also..

I am sorry, but, I can not trust what that mother is saying anymore...

Seems to me everything she is says is the exact opposite.. So maybe Sierra did have plans to stay somewhere and maybe Sierra did have plans for practice..

Haven't heard any confirmation whether a wallet with her ID/gift cards/student ID cards/etc was found. Maybe the perp still has it.

I don't remember the username, but isn't there someone here 'close to Sierra's age' that has mutual friends? If so, do you or your friends know which Juicy bag/purse she carried?

I don't want to speculate at all, but from the pic earlier it doesn't even seem the purse was "secreted" at all... I mean it's just standing up right there.

LAMAR: That`s correct. And I heard something...

GRACE: What...

LAMAR: I was listening to stuff in the background about her walking at the bus stop before dawn. But actually, she started for the bus stop at 7:15, and it was bright out. I mean, it`s well lit, so I want to make sure...

GRACE: Good to know.

LAMAR: ... that`s (INAUDIBLE) clear.

GRACE: Good to know. You know what? That actually changes things, Ms. LaMar. The fact that it was broad daylight when she was outside changes the scenario of what may have happened.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Mom made certain that she corrected NG when there was a mistake about whether it was daylight or dark outside, but she didn't correct NG about the purse that was the only known item with her abducted daughter. Weird.

Goodness, JC has some cute bags....:)

Sierra might even own more than one for all we know.

I just think that since those JC bags are so noticeable, an accurate description of the bag would be important. I think a photo of Sierra's bag should have been included on her missing poster as well.

I am at a loss for why it has been allowed to go so long without even an accurate description of the bag!

LE might intentionally misrepresent things, but I see no reason for them to misrepresent what a missing person was last seen wearing or what their purse looks like. If they want people to be watching for a person or for evidence of where the person might have been, they would have to give accurate descriptions. IMO.

I can't think of a reason for them to do this either!

Except that by the time they were releasing info on the bag, they had already found it. Now that I think about it, if this media had video of LE finding the bag, they did a pretty good job of holding onto it for four days until the press conference where it was announced. IMO LE knows a lot more that they are not telling. It just makes no sense why they would be so so vague on things... yes there was a bag.. it was secreted, or maybe it was thrown there.. who knows... we don't know if the shirt in the bag is the shirt she was wearing.. IMO if they have the shirt, there is plenty visible in that picture to tell if it is the same one or not.:banghead:

I don't remember the username, but isn't there someone here 'close to Sierra's age' that has mutual friends? If so, do you or your friends know which Juicy bag/purse she carried?

I don't want to speculate at all, but from the pic earlier it doesn't even seem the purse was "secreted" at all... I mean it's just standing up right there.
Secreted is an odd word choice that the FBI and old criminal investigators use when they are describing a serial killer hiding a body. In old crime studies, it is used more frequently than today.

There were photos posted earlier of the site the bag was found... I think a local took them .. In one of there you can see how high those pipes are off the ground... It might give us an idea of how tall that bag was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean