Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll figure out which one it is. We don't know what year it was purchased and where it was purchased. :sigh: we need more info please.

Well, that would have to come from the person who purchased it for her. She didn't make that purchase on her own..IMO. Since she is only 15, maybe it was a Christmas Present. It has to pretty new, I would think.

“And the pocketbook is the only thing they know that she had.”
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Uh....this big bag wasn’t a pocketbook and supposedly Sierra carried it with her everywhere. Sierra’s mom was on NG’s show when this “pocketbook” was discussed and she didn’t contradict them. Weird.
 Many moms would have interjected that it wasn't a small pocketbook and that NG's photo of the bag was incorrect. Someone might have seen a young woman with such a bag with a man. This could identify her abductor. Details are important. Why wasn't this misinformation corrected?

If Marlene weren't in the same studio as NG's show, she may not have seen a picture of the bag.

A lot of times, those types of interviews are done with the remote subject sitting in a small room with a camera directly in front of them. They can hear the voice of the interviewer (in this case, NG) through a speaker located directly below or above the camera, to encourage the subject to look towards the camera.

There often isn't a screen, so the subject can't see the face of the interviewer or whatever is being shown by the producers in the background. In fact, at the time of the interview, the show may not have located the picture that they used. TV often tapes disparate elements and then collages them together.

It's a step up from a telephone interview but still not like being in the studio with the interviewer.

IF Marlene watched the show as it aired (many people don't because they cringe at the thought of seeing themselves on TV) and called the NG show to correct the detail, they might publish a correction... or they might not.

Depends on the individual show, the producer or main talent's dedication to truth and detail, the judgment on how important the error is, whether they have enough time on a subsequent show to run the correction, etc.

There were photos posted earlier of the site the bag was found... I think a local took them .. In one of there you can see how high those pipes are off the ground... It might give us an idea of how tall that bag was...

...a yardstick and some boots will be needed my next trip.

....and some bail money, if I get caught.

If Marlene weren't in the same studio as NG's show, she may not have seen a picture of the bag.

A lot of times, those types of interviews are done with the remote subject sitting in a small room with a camera directly in front of them. They can hear the voice of the interviewer (in this case, NG) through a speaker located directly below or above the camera, to encourage the subject to look towards the camera.

There often isn't a screen, so the subject can't see the face of the interviewer or whatever is being shown by the producers in the background. In fact, at the time of the interview, the show may not have located the picture that they used. TV often tapes disparate elements and then collages them together.

It's a step up from a telephone interview but still not like being in the studio with the interviewer.

IF Marlene watched the show as it aired (many people don't because they cringe at the thought of seeing themselves on TV) and called the NG show to correct the detail, they might publish a correction... or they might not.

Depends on the individual show, the producer or main talent's dedication to truth and detail, the judgment on how important the error is, whether they have enough time on a subsequent show to run the correction, etc.
Marlene was speaking with NG when NG called it a pocketbook and that purse is not a pocketbook. It is a big honkin' tote bag. Marlene DID correct NG over the fact that her daughter went to the bus stop in daylight and not darkness.

LE is excellent out here. I like the way they handled the Michelle Le case.

I guess LE never really had a need to make the details of the bag public, since it was found so quickly...

I can't think of a reason for them to do this either!

Except that by the time they were releasing info on the bag, they had already found it. Now that I think about it, if this media had video of LE finding the bag, they did a pretty good job of holding onto it for four days until the press conference where it was announced. IMO LE knows a lot more that they are not telling. It just makes no sense why they would be so so vague on things... yes there was a bag.. it was secreted, or maybe it was thrown there.. who knows... we don't know if the shirt in the bag is the shirt she was wearing.. IMO if they have the shirt, there is plenty visible in that picture to tell if it is the same one or not.:banghead:

Well, that's true...they found the bag on Sunday afternoon. So I guess by then LE had no reason to care anymore if the public knew what the bag looked like or not.

Well, that's true...they found the bag on Sunday afternoon. So I guess by then LE had no reason to care anymore if the public knew what the bag looked like or not.

So why, if they were just going to be so vague about it, did they call a press conference to release that they had found it four days ago? Just to have the public feel that they were making some kind of progress?

LE is excellent out here. I like the way they handled the Michelle Le case.

I agree but I think they had a lot to go on in that case. Definitely WAY more than they released to the public. I hope that is true here.

BBM: I supsect they do not always hear everything that is said, or at least not always clearly. I think that is the reason for Marlene appearing to be deceptive when she may not be at all.

So.. From Friday until Sunday it was ok with Marlene to no correct the NG Shows photo? I bet LE was stunned when they found a bag that looked nothing like the on on the NG show...
Yeah, maybe the mom did not see the one NG showed on TV, but I think the media grabbed that photo and plastered it also.. With no correction from the one who really knew what it looked like... What the heck is going on here? mAybe she had no clue what it really looked like other than it was a pink JC purse?????

So.. From Friday until Sunday it was ok with Marlene to no correct the NG Shows photo? I bet LE was stunned when they found a bag that looked nothing like the on on the NG show...
Yeah, maybe the mom did not see the one NG showed on TV, but I think the media grabbed that photo and plastered it also.. With no correction from the one who really knew what it looked like... What the heck is going on here? mAybe she had no clue what it really looked like other than it was a pink JC purse?????

BBM
Hmmmm.... that makes me want to say something I have gleaned from various FB's and comments under articles etc. And I do think it has already been mentioned here about the Hinky meter articles too. But the general consensus has been that dad was more connected and plugged into Sierra's daily life than mom was at times. Some of her friends said that mom was sometimes distant and distracted by her own life, making it hard to keep close track what was going on with Sierra. Some might say the social network posts would be some indication of that. I am saying this just as a way to explain why certain facts and descriptions are not coming out accurately. Like what she was really wearing, why she would or would not have those clothes packed, what the bag looked like, what might be missing from her room and closet, etc. Although i could never be able to tell anyone what was missing or not from my DD's clothing abyss.

I agree. I do not think Marlene is being deceptive at all. I just think she is overwhelmed and does not have all of the answers that she wishes she had.

I think the bag had been found before she was ever on NG...

As for those urine rumours - I'm sure they've checked this, but if there is urine on the bag couldn't it be from a dog? I had never seen the bag discovery photo before. It looks like it's propped up against the wall, not thrown. Or was the bag momentarily placed in that spot by LE? Seeing that photo I can imagine a stray dog trotting by and lifting a leg.

I agree. I do not think Marlene is being deceptive at all. I just think she is overwhelmed and does not have all of the answers that she wishes she had.

IMO, we just don't know enough about Marlene's life to judge. We don't know why she moved Sierra to MH, we don't know how stressful her job is, we don't know how other relationships in her life are going. It's possible that she was already under stress from another situation before this happened. For all we know, she could even have a health-related issue.

In terms of Sierra, well, sophomore year is a tough time to change schools. I wouldn't want my daughter to have to do it, although there are things about the school system we're in that really bother me. But again, we don't really know what motivated the move. What we do know is that it added in driving time for Marlene, so she'd have less time to connect with Sierra.

just throwing this out there as a thought: what if there were two bags and LE is keeping the smaller one close to the vest?

:escape:

All that is true. But if NG's producers (or NG herself) was holding up a bag, or picture of a small bag, Nancy should have realized it was not big enough to contain an entire set of clothes... shirt, pants, and underwear. And if she was asking Marlene to identify the bag as being like the bag Sierra carried, then Marlene had to SEE this bag to confirm that. So I would expect them to have a monitor visible so that the person being interviewed could see what was on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro