CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #23 - GUILTY/LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Rob Fladeboe kron4‏ @KRON4RFladeboe
56s56 seconds ago

#AntolinGarciaTorres awaits likely confirmation of life without parole sentence in murder of #SierraLaMar. Jury found him guilty even though her body never found. Defense making last ditch play for new trial.

tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport
2m2 minutes ago

#SierraLaMar’s also father will speak during the victim impact statement part of the sentencing hearing.

36s36 seconds ago

Judge in #SierraLaMar to def Atty Al Lopez: most of this cd have been explored at trial..are you reaching the ultimate...Lopez: I’m getting to that, wrapping it up. But 2 min later, judge asks him to pinpoint the parameters of the hearing, says she’s not hearing anything new.

3m3 minutes ago

Now prosecutor David Boyd crossing Leon: #SierraLaMar returns to Leon’s role in the other stabbing murder trial. Leon didn’t do any research to provide grossly erroneous statistic, therefore was an educated guess on the fly. BUT what is not coming in here is that def attys..
...in that case questioned that, saying they never saw such a case in their extensive careers. (1of attys was former DA bigwig Dave Davies). They strongly doubted Leon & wanted Judge Sharon Chatman to let them research it. But she refused. #SierraLaMar

3m3 minutes ago

#AntolinGarciaTorres defense basing motion for new trial by revisiting theme that evidence, much of it gathered by Det Herman Leon, is tainted. Leon made crucial connection between murder of #SierraLaMar and earlier attacks on 3 women. Def. convicted of both, awaits sentencing

8m8 minutes ago

In her ruling granting defendants a new trial in that case, Judge Chatman said she regretted that ruling because the false statistic regarding stabbers wearing gloves helped significantly to sway the jury. Guy in that trial was wearing gloves. #SierraLaMar

46s46 seconds ago

After denying defense (now rested) suggestion he planted hair evidence in #SierraLaMar murder case, lead investigator Herman Leon details his work for prosecution. Judge to rule on motion for new trial. Then victim statements followed by sentencing.

5m5 minutes ago

Trying not to bore everyone with the details. Suffice it to say, boyd is trying to show Leon didn’t really have access to screw around with the evidence. Regardless of whether u believe that or not, my guess is I bet the judge does & will deny new trial. #SierraLaMar

I am SO waiting to use this....

:denied:

2m2 minutes ago

Leon done. Def wants to call Sgt. Randall. Judge appears politely exasperated. Again, most new trial motions fail and it is real likely this one will too and serve as a record for appeal. #SierraLaMar

5m5 minutes ago

Defense argument for new trial in #SierraLaMar murder case. “It’s old evidence based on new evidence that can be interpreted in a different way.” #AntolinGarciaTorres attorney Al Lopez.

:thinking: on that line... :confused:

2m2 minutes ago

Judge: “these are issues that could have & should have been litigated at trial.” Court: it feels like we’re re-litigating. #SierraLaMar

41s41 seconds ago

Morning moved at a glacial pace. But it is extremely likely Garcia-Torres will be sentenced this afternoon. #SierraLaMar

guessing they went to lunch since it is about 25 after 12 there....

bulbar-smiley.gif

since no one has tweeted for awhile. :eek:nline:

I am back and will do them how I am used to its easier to read

Emi the way you are posting the tweets can't be seen here - all you are posting is the link. That means we have to click on the link, and then read it, and come back, click on another link, come back, etc. etc.... Can you pick up "what" they are actually tweeting? Not just the link?

TIA! :wave:

And since it's 11:30pm here - I'm :eek:fftobed:

Will catch up in the morning! But I'm going to say - the Judge will :denied: the motion for new trial! :D

https://twitter.com/KRON4RFladeboe/status/940697335612325888
#AntolinGarciaTorres defense motion for new trial in #SierraLamar murder case has been denied. LaMar family “victim statements” next followed by formal sentencing.

https://twitter.com/MaureenKTVU/status/940697314045313024
UPDATE: SIERRA LAMAR CASE
Judge rules on defense motion for new trial for convicted killer Antolin Garcia-Torres: DENIED. Judge says other factors played role besides just Sierra’s hair on rope in G-T’s car. Sentence hearing moves forward. #SierraLaMar

https://twitter.com/tkaplanreport/status/940700271440674816
tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago

Polly Klaas’ father is here. “It’s a really, really big moment for the family. They’ve been doing with this for 6 years. Justice is not being served because he didn’t get the death penalty. But now, they get to say everything the haven’t been able to before.”. #SierraLaMar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet
Back