CA - Six people killed by drunk driver on 60 Freeway, Diamond Bar, 9 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://mynewsla.com/crime/2018/05/22/woman-pleads-no-contest-in-wrong-way-crash-that-killed-six/

A Fontana woman who had been previously warned against driving under the influence of alcohol pleaded no contest Tuesday to second-degree murder charges for a wrong-way crash that killed six people, including her own sister, on the Pomona (60) Freeway in Diamond Bar four years ago.

Olivia Carolee Culbreath, 25, entered her plea to the six counts several hours after jury selection was to begin in her trial in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom.

She faces a maximum of 30 years to life in state prison, with sentencing set for Sept. 7, according to Deputy District Attorney Casey Higgins.

"Suspected drunk driver Olivia Carolee Culbreath, 21, allegedly caused the harrowing high-speed collision while driving more than 100 mph in the wrong direction, police said.

"Olivia Culbreath had a previous DUI conviction from 2010 "

She was 9 years old when she had a previous DUI?

She was 17, this fatal crash occurred in 2014 when she was 21

Since I live in Orange County, Ca., where this happened, it has been a lead news story. Of course it sickens me.

I really think it's time to start treating these cases as 1st. degree murder. You get drunk or high, and get behind the wheel you are premeditating the death of another person. We need to stop with this "they didn't intend to kill someone" BS. Drinking and driving kills people every day in this country. If you are stupid enough to drive after drinking (or drugs of course) then you are just as responsible as a guy that robs a liquor store, but doesn't "intend" to hurt anyone.

There is really no excuse for this. None. When life sentences start being handed down, maybe someone will think twice before getting behind the wheel.

This woman should never again see the light of day outside of a prison. I personally don't care what excuses she has. Throw away the key.

For looking up the court filings and dates, this happened in Diamond Bar, which is actually in LA County, although it butts up to Orange County and San Bernardino County. More than likely the case will be filed and heard in the Pomona Courthouse which is in LA County.
I used to be a Diamond Bar resident. ;)

The article says from 2010. Is it a typo?
The article says she is 21 now.

The article is from 2014 when this crime and tragedy happened, you read further, she is currently 25 (26?) and was just sentenced in December 2018

Attachments

• 8FB4CE70-909E-4CC4-9E06-49EC041A4B34.jpeg
    8FB4CE70-909E-4CC4-9E06-49EC041A4B34.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members