CA CA - Sonoma Co., WhtFem, ~19, red hair, contact lenses, hog-tied, Jul'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's incredibly sad how many young women were murdered during this time. And how hitchhiking remained an accepted form of travel even after so many victims were discovered. Some of these girls were runaways but it doesn't appear that money or lack thereof was the motivating factor with hitching rides. It was the false belief that everyone was a potential friend and fellow traveler when in reality the 60s and 70s started a cottage industry of serial killing because of the ease in which to find victims.

The hog-tying suggests to me these women weren't killed quickly but were tortured perhaps for days before they died. I would really like to know who those men were, married men, who were primes suspects without real evidence to back up the suspicion other than the murders ended after they died, one in a traffic accident. It kind of reminds me of an episode of Criminal Minds where the father of a teenage girl found out his neighbour had killed a young girl and rather than ratting him out, joined him in killing other girls.

I tried submitting her through Doe Network, but Mary Bell, the director over there, said she was already submitted to law enforcement.
Very sad that she hasn't been ruled out or identified. Lets hope a comparison will be made soon!

Felt as though Sonoma Jane Doe deserved a more human reconstruction. Things like hairstyle, eye color, etc, are just best guesses.
Margaret Holst (18) missing August 1977 from Omaha NE resembles your recon. PMI states 3 years and this would only be 2 years but still looks very similar.

1678055902979.jpeg
1678055922623.jpeg

Margaret Holst (18) missing August 1977 from Omaha NE resembles your recon. PMI states 3 years and this would only be 2 years but still looks very similar.

View attachment 407206
View attachment 407207

View attachment 407206
View attachment 407207
Wow they really do look alike! I wouldn't be too bothered about the PMI as I'd say this is an estimate that could be bended by a single year either end.

If there is another thread, my apologies, I did not find it on a search.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP17490

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP17490
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found July 2, 1979
Location Found Santa Rosa, California
Estimated Age Range 16-21 Years

Late Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) 16-21
Estimated Year of Death1976
Estimated PMI 3 Years
Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

On 07/02/1979, a hiker located the skeletal remains at the bottom of a canyon near a body of water.

Inventory of Remains One or more limbs not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Hair Color Brown
Other distinctive physical characteristic - Broken arm
Eyewear - found near the victim was a hard contact lens inside a metal candy tin with cherries on it

Difficult to imagine there is not a thread on her, perhaps I just couldn't find it in the manner I was searching. Appears initial thought was she might be Jeanette Kamahele, however, according to the article she had a dental bridge and nothing such was recovered with the Jane Doe.

A lot of info to digest here and I'm certain many more articles but this is a good start if info currently not posted.

Difficult to imagine there is not a thread on her, perhaps I just couldn't find it in the manner I was searching. Appears initial thought was she might be Jeanette Kamahele, however, according to the article she had a dental bridge and nothing such was recovered with the Jane Doe.

A lot of info to digest here and I'm certain many more articles but this is a good start if info currently not posted.
Here's her thread: CA - CA - Sonoma Co., WhtFem, ~19, red hair, contact lenses, hog-tied, Jul'79

Took me a minute to find it as well!

View attachment 407206
View attachment 407207

They do look very similar! Even though the circumstances do not appear to be related, it's still a possibility.

Who was Peggy Reed submitted to? If it was Doe Network, they declined it due to dental inconsistencies...
I thought Peggy's dentals were unavailable:

I submitted Peggy Reed to Doe Network years ago and heard nothing- maybe they're just using pictures of her smiling to note inconsistencies??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back