GUILTY CA - Sophia Parker Pedreros, 2, Humbolt County, 20 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I couldn't even open this thread for awhile. It is getting too hard to keep seeing these tragic endings like this. An adorable, sweet baby Sophia, gone way too soon. RIP little one.

I felt the same way, katydid. Little Sophia is the same age as my daughter. I feel like I'm going to be sick right now. I can't believe this keeps happening to these precious children. Poor little Sophia, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Rest in peace, little doll.

RIP Beautiful baby girl. You're in Jesus' arms now.

After telling law enforcement that she didn't remember having a child or how she got into Trinity County, Claudia Pedreros began remembering things when she was allowed to see her husband, said Lynn Ward, public information officer with the Trinity County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_18113265

I'm wondering if a mod could kindly combine this with the other thread for Sophia? TIA

Been sick overnight, saw this news earlier and wanted to respond but just couldn't. So devastating. RIP sweetie.

I hope so much that if what we saw rumored is true - that the father went to authorities or agencies telling them that the mother was mentally ill - that this will be a wake up call of some kind. No one wants or asks to be struck with a mental illness. For the sake of those who are ill, and the sake of their vulnerable family members there needs to be some kind of help and intervention before things get to this point. Please god. :(

I need to know the details of how and why this happened to precious Sophia.

But for now, my thoughts and prayers are with her Father and family. I'm trying to have some compassion for her Mother, but it's difficult. I'll reserve my opinion until further details on her mental illness are released.

Trinity County is very small and does not appear to have records online, so I hope we have a reporter who will follow this tragedy to the end.

Confessed? So this walking naked and claiming not to remember she had a daughter were all theatrics? Unbelievable that people in this day and age even dare to think they can outwit the cops, the profilers and the psychiatrists.

It's such a shock to come here every day & see these horrid people kiling their children. I wonder how she feels about murdering her daughter today?

WEAVERVILLE —It was only after the body of her 2½-year-old daughter was found tangled in submerged vegetation in the Trinity River that a McKinleyville woman allegedly confessed Saturday to wading into the current and drowning the girl.

Claudia Pedreros, 30, was found nude Friday morning walking along the side of Highway 3 near Coffee Creek along the river's edge. Investigators would later find Sophia Parker Pedreros' body nearby.

The brutality of the killing has left the Trinity County Sheriff's Office and the searchers who found the girl's body reeling, Sheriff Bruce Haney said Monday at a news conference.

"I have two daughters of my own. This touches home," Haney said. "We have to make sure that people are able to process this. This is the ugly part of our job."

Haney said that although Pedrerors confessed to killing the child, she hasn't said why. Haney said he wasn't aware of any other allegations of abuse, but the woman does have a history of mentalhealth issues.

He also declined to discuss Pedreros' family situation, saying he was asked not to by Pedreros' husband.

"He asked to keep all his information confidential, so I'll respect that," Haney said.

http://m.redding.com/news/2011/may/23/details-emerge-in-drowning-of-toddler/
A few new details, more at link.

RIP Sophia....I keep asking why because I can't understand how this keeps happening.

so the husband wants to keep info confidential? what a joke. why? do people wont point the fingers at him? Where was the dad in all this? jesus.

UPDATED: Father urges compassion as wife makes court appearance in toddler's death

WEAVERVILLE — The father of a drowned McKinleyville toddler wept uncontrollably Tuesday as he tried to read a statement to reporters outside a Trinity County courtroom where his wife had appeared just minutes before, charged with the girl’s murder.

“I miss her terribly and the emptiness she leaves behind serves to remind me how precious and fragile life actually is,” Parker said about his daughter. With each word, he visibly struggled to keep from succumbing to body-shaking sobs.

At the request of her attorney, the arraignment for Pedreros was continued to June 1.

Andreas Fuhrmann // Buy this photo

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/may/24/arraignment-continued-june-1-toddler-killing/

Video of Father at link, heartbreaking.

BREAKING NEWS: Sophia Parker Autopsy Results Released

Submitted by Betsy Lambert on Tue, 05/24/2011 - 15:26

On May 24, 2011 at 9:00 am the autopsy on 2 year old Sophia Pedreros Parker was conducted at the Shasta County Coroner’s Office. The preliminary cause of death is drowning. The final official cause of death will be completed once toxicology reports are received which usually takes a couple of weeks. There is no indication at this point that the toxicology reports will show any further or different cause of death.

http://oneleaphome.com/node/1863

oh for crying out loud. If this woman had mental issues where was her husband then? He feels bad for his wife cause she lost a child and in jail? She didnt lose a child. She murdered her baby. If I would even think about harming my child, my husband would urge me to get help. If I refused or didnt keep up my treatment I would be kicked to the curb so quickly it would make my head spin.

I understand the dad is suffering. I feel bad for him, but come on. Covering for the wife is not a good look. I wish my husband would murder my kid. They would have to lock him up to protect him from me. I love my son a tad bit more than I love my husband and I aint afraid to admit that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back