CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT: I did a carpet mosaic project before. Didn't have whole pieces, only a bunch of brightly colored scraps. Think quilting or stained glass...

Anyways, I did a project on a wall in an old house with insulation issues. I was 17? and it seemed like a good solution at the time. I had never heard of or thought of it again until Stacey disappeared.

Thus I find the entry room project somewhat credible.

Sitting on my hands now.

Also the carpet situation is very confusing. It almost sounds like he is saying pieces of the carpet that were removed were cut up and reworked with other carpet colors into a design and, therefore, he couldn't tell where the original carpet he tore out was because it was all in pieces--some of it there in the design, some of it elsewhere on the property. BUT then they throw a wrench into that idea when they say the other carpet on the property DID NOT MATCH. Assuming that means did not match the original. So if it did not match the original, there is carpet missing. He should be able to say, "I bagged the pieces up with the regular trash" or "I took them to the dump." or "I advertised free carpet scraps on craigslist and a man in a truck came and got them". :gaah:

Also a question for Cali natives. This might not be relevant, but I was wondering if there are any special laws for disposing of carpet in California?
In the garbage can, or general dumping area at the landfill. It's just considered "household trash".

If I changed out my carpet and only a piece was missing, even a 20'x40' piece, I'd just drive to the landfill and pay the $7 to get in, or cut it up and put it in my garage can little by little over the course of a few weeks until it was gone.

Either way, I'd know EXACT where it was. If I threw it into a ditch or ravine I wouldn't ever tell anyone. Litter fines are big. If it had DNA such as blood on it, I wouldn't tell because I'd want to keep out of jail. If it was near a dead body, I'd keep my pie hole shut so i didn't end up on death row. Just sayin.

I can't shake the feeling that there is much more missing than a beautiful mother and some carpeting. Where are all of SS's possessions? If she had ran off with another man, she would've taken her belongings and if she didn't, someone would need to dispose of them. IIRC, she had a small travel trailer when she moved in with the ex, where is it and everything else she brought? Personal items (clothes, etc.) could possibly be taken to a local dump or even a few hours away and dropped off at a Goodwill. But what about the trailer? Did she sell it when she moved there? Where is scraphag? We need her back. JMO

In the garbage can, or general dumping area at the landfill. It's just considered "household trash".

If I changed out my carpet and only a piece was missing, even a 20'x40' piece, I'd just drive to the landfill and pay the $7 to get in, or cut it up and put it in my garage can little by little over the course of a few weeks until it was gone.

Either way, I'd know EXACT where it was. If I threw it into a ditch or ravine I wouldn't ever tell anyone. Litter fines are big. If it had DNA such as blood on it, I wouldn't tell because I'd want to keep out of jail. If it was near a dead body, I'd keep my pie hole shut so i didn't end up on death row. Just sayin.

I'm here to support Stacey's loved ones and help in anyway I can too. I know it's been mentioned in one of the many msm articles but my memory fails me so can someone please tell me..how long was Stacey in a relationship with TB before she went missing? TIA

I'm here to support Stacey's loved ones and help in anyway I can too. I know it's been mentioned in one of the many msm articles but my memory fails me so can someone please tell me..how long was Stacey in a relationship with TB before she went missing? TIA

All that I've seen mentioned is that she moved over to Lewistown to be with him around June. Sorry, no link. I'm posting on the fly. I don't think it's been said how long she was in a relationship before moving in with him.

I can't shake the feeling that there is much more missing than a beautiful mother and some carpeting. Where are all of SS's possessions? If she had ran off with another man, she would've taken her belongings and if she didn't, someone would need to dispose of them. IIRC, she had a small travel trailer when she moved in with the ex, where is it and everything else she brought? Personal items (clothes, etc.) could possibly be taken to a local dump or even a few hours away and dropped off at a Goodwill. But what about the trailer? Did she sell it when she moved there? Where is scraphag? We need her back. JMO
I agree, but even her family members aren't reporting on this, that I've seen.

All that I've seen mentioned is that she moved over to Lewistown to be with him around June. Sorry, no link. I'm posting on the fly. I don't think it's been said how long she was in a relationship before moving in with him.
Thank you, Lililbet. Would be interesting to know how long they were in a relationship before she moved to Lewistown to be with him. I guess I'm curious is all. Like, wondering how well she actually knew him...was he involved with anyone else before she met him. I think that sort of info. is important and could play a very big part in her disappearance. All MOO.

*snipped*

True only in part~she has been a part of this community since 6th or 7th grade. We are a small community overall--the rural communities are separated by 6 to 34 miles in general. The family has nailed down their own last contact with her October 12, next door neighbors saw her at a housewarming at the a Pine Cove residence several days later. She moved from Weaverville to Lewiston. She has only been involved with her BF for about six months prior to having gone missing.

Six months max.

Yes, where are all Stacey's assets/belongings? Surely someone would have seen a trailer being removed. The smaller things are easy to dispose of, but a trailer, not so easy. Someone had to have seen something, surely!

If Stacey ran off with another man, she would have stayed in touch with her family. There's no reason not to. She's disabled, how could she have moved all her stuff herself? This is unbelieveable. Stacey is missing, and I do not believe for one minute she left on her own accord. MOO

Where are you, Stacey.. :(

Yes, where are all Stacey's assets/belongings? Surely someone would have seen a trailer being removed. The smaller things are easy to dispose of, but a trailer, not so easy. Someone had to have seen something, surely!

If Stacey ran off with another man, she would have stayed in touch with her family. There's no reason not to. She's disabled, how could she have moved all her stuff herself? This is unbelieveable. Stacey is missing, and I do not believe for one minute she left on her own accord. MOO

If Stacey was disabled, wouldn't see be getting a check for disability? (I don't know how this works...so forgive me if I sound clueless). Is anyone getting her checks now? Are they just sitting in her bank account? Even if she had run off with someone else - and I don't think she did - she would need her disability money. I cannot imagine a realistic situation where she would just forfeit any money she had coming to her.

If Stacey was disabled, wouldn't see be getting a check for disability? (I don't know how this works...so forgive me if I sound clueless). Is anyone getting her checks now? Are they just sitting in her bank account? Even if she had run off with someone else - and I don't think she did - she would need her disability money. I cannot imagine a realistic situation where she would just forfeit any money she had coming to her.

I believe they said there is no activity on her account. So the money is just sitting there. It's a very good indication she is not alive.

I also FIRMLY do not believe she left on her own accord. IF she had slipped off a dock or been in some type of accident, the BF would've reported her missing. JMO

I also FIRMLY do not believe she left on her own accord. IF she had slipped off a dock or been in some type of accident, the BF would've reported her missing. JMO

I believe the BF has already explained that. He thought that she had left. If she had only been living there for six months, it would not be totally surprising if she suddenly decided to move on. I see nothing unusual about that.

I believe the BF has already explained that. He thought that she had left. If she had only been living there for six months, it would not be totally surprising if she suddenly decided to move on. I see nothing unusual about that.

You don't? If she moved on without taking her personal possessions (pretty sure she didn't, but need confirmation), stopped using her bank account and cut contact off with her family...all without saying a word to her BF...that would indeed be unusual. The BF assuming (based on what?) she had left, but he doesn't bother to check with her family to make sure this disabled woman (who didn't take a car) was all right...that would be very unusual. As a matter of fact, all of this is downright suspicious no matter how you slice and dice it.
JMO

You don't? If she moved on without taking her personal possessions (pretty sure she didn't, but need confirmation), stopped using her bank account and cut contact off with her family...all without saying a word to her BF...that would indeed be unusual. The BF assuming (based on what?) she had left, but he doesn't bother to check with her family to make sure this disabled woman (who didn't take a car) was all right...that would be very unusual. As a matter of fact, all of this is downright suspicious no matter how you slice and dice it.
JMO

1. As you said, you can't confirm that, so I'm not going to address it.

2. It is her family that stated that there was no activity on her debit card, not the BF. I doubt he would know what was going on with her bank account. If he did know about her bank account, that might be a little suspicious. So that is not really relevant.

3. Is there any evidence that the BF even knew her family? I think it would not necessarily be impossible for him not to know her family. Especially considering that they only knew each other for six months. I have seen some speculation here, that they didn't know each other very well, having only been together for six months. But he was supposed to know her family well enough to contact them when she disappeared? That doesn't make any sense.

But he also referred to her as his girlfriend (not ex) more than 3 weeks after she was last seen. So...I'm still confused as to whether we are to believe they were or were not still together. If I thought my live in (ex or not) had left me, I'm pretty sure I'd get some answers, especially if they left any belongings behind. I probably would, at the very least, contact family/friends, assist in the searches and follow through with agreeing to take a LTD (rather than changing my mind). I probably wouldn't disconnect the phone and change out the carpet. (I don't mean to be sexist, but carpet (and interior) changes are typically initiated by women.) There are just too many things that don't add up. Honestly, who leaves someone without letting them know?? Was there no mail to be forwarded? JMO BBM

Brand told the Trinity Journal “he didn’t report Smart missing because he thought she had left him without letting him know. She had her own room in the home in addition to their shared room, and he’d been working long hours, said Brand, who said he provides home care for seniors.”

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/07/stacey-smart-missing-from-california/

I agree and I'm not sure what to make of the navy jacket reference. But IMO, it is missing from her belongings indicating that she did indeed leave most of her things behind. JMO of course.

Forslund has conducted three searches to find Smart since November 9. Since then, she has received multiple leads and is now looking for a navy jacket, tan carpet and plywood as pieces of evidence.
http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-n...ty/papini-found-smart-still-missing/185233458

JMO

He would know what was going on with her mail. Even if she set it up to forward to another address, there was likely some in process that would continue to be delivered. I've just never heard anyone say they "thought" someone had left them. It's usually pretty clear. He may not have known them well enough to contact them (to arouse concern), but he could've answered the phone when they called (had it not been disconnected, of course). JMO

1. As you said, you can't confirm that, so I'm not going to address it.

2. It is her family that stated that there was no activity on her debit card, not the BF. I doubt he would know what was going on with her bank account. If he did know about her bank account, that might be a little suspicious. So that is not really relevant.

3. Is there any evidence that the BF even knew her family? I think it would not necessarily be impossible for him not to know her family. Especially considering that they only knew each other for six months. I have seen some speculation here, that they didn't know each other very well, having only been together for six months. But he was supposed to know her family well enough to contact them when she disappeared? That doesn't make any sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back