Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m following this case as time allows, still not clear to me. Is this a real functioning nudist community? Do people own homes or simply rent them?

From what it looks like on the community's own website and from Yelp reviews, it sounds like some people own homes there, although it may more like mobile home park agreement since ownership records show the land actually belongs to the Olive Dell Ranch. People can also rent spaces for their travel RVs and they also offer small rented cabins for people who want to visit. It does look like a functioning nudist community, though, with an activity calendar on their website showing scheduled karaoke, bingo, music, BBQ, etc.

From what it looks like on the community's own website and from Yelp reviews, it sounds like some people own homes there, although it may more like mobile home park agreement since ownership records show the land actually belongs to the Olive Dell Ranch. People can also rent spaces for their travel RVs and they also offer small rented cabins for people who want to visit. It does look like a functioning nudist community, though, with an activity calendar on their website showing scheduled karaoke, bingo, music, BBQ, etc.
The homes are so close together that I have to think if there was any ruckus, excessive barking, or shouting, neighbors would have heard. Essentially everyone is within earshot in that little neighborhood.

How did he get them out of the house? Through threat or by luring them?

I'm wondering if he got them out of their home through a backdoor that lead to some underground space behind his house?

jmo

""A cadaver dog "alerted" on at least one body at the property, [public information officer] Baker said at a midday news conference."

Photo of suspect Michael Sparks:
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 11.29.56 AM.png

The homes are so close together that I have to think if there was any ruckus, excessive barking, or shouting, neighbors would have heard. Essentially everyone is within earshot in that little neighborhood.

How did he get them out of the house? Through threat or by luring them?

I'm wondering if he got them out of their home through a backdoor that lead to some underground space behind his house?

jmo

Here is a view from the back of their houses. (snipped from google maps)

1725042794615.png

Here is a view from the back of their houses. (snipped from google maps)

View attachment 528008
Super - thanks. Is the teal roof on the Menard house?

There is a way to get from one house to the other in the back, and the perp's house definitely has a back door. I don't see a back door on the Menard house, but maybe there is a side door. But, not easy to navigate for people who have trouble walking. Then again, it looks narrow and perhaps Stephanie steadied herself on the wall of the buildings as she was forced to walk (if she was forced - we don't know what happened).

Even with developments, it's still a confusing puzzle.

jmo

So, from what I read last night in court documents....one of the lawsuits is regarding whether or not it is classified as a mobile home park or a recreational vehicle park which apparently have different rules & regulations. The complaint essentially said that the owners were charging residents additional fees and/or evicting them and I believe, that is where the harassment claims/restraining orders are stemming from. It is case #CIVSB2417577 if you want to look it up (San Bernardino Open Access)

Later in the evening, law enforcement fired some type of agent into the person of interest's home. Investigators also deployed drones to get a closer look inside the man's property.

One neighbor described the person of interest as a soft-spoken gentleman.

"Probably would be the last person that you would think would do something like this," Jim Hynd said.
Wonder why they didn't deploy drones and tear gas first and then, if they had to, use that battering ram? Maybe they had information that there were explosives?? IDK Just wondering...

So, from what I read last night in court documents....one of the lawsuits is regarding whether or not it is classified as a mobile home park or a recreational vehicle park which apparently have different rules & regulations. The complaint essentially said that the owners were charging residents additional fees and/or evicting them and I believe, that is where the harassment claims/restraining orders are stemming from. It is case #CIVSB2417577 if you want to look it up (San Bernardino Open Access)
I can see that issue being contentious and it's a valid reason for complaint. But, enough to be murdered? Wow, I don't know. The perp has essentially the same set up as the victims in terms of housing type, from what it looks like. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Could there have been other conflicts?

jmo

"An arrest for murder was made on a street in a Redlands nudist ranch, where a SWAT team ripped apart the home of a person of interest in the disappearance of a missing couple, Eyewitness News has learned."

So terribly sad!

Wonder why they didn't deploy drones and tear gas first and then, if they had to, use that battering ram? Maybe they had information that there were explosives?? IDK Just wondering...
I'm hoping it will all make sense when we learn the whole story because that was one strange (and destructive) take-down.

jmo

Maybe so, but I find it hard to believe LE would take a tipster's word for it with such confidence until they verified it themselves. They wouldn't charge someone with murder on tip alone.

It may be possible that someone had cameras and saw them being coerced into his home or even moved (if something happened outside of the home)

Sort of like with Madeline Soto and it turning out there was video of her making it apparent she was deceased in the car.

Given the sort of mixed use of the community (short-term vs residents) I wouldn't be surprised if some people had exterior cameras.

Especially with the google reviews mentioning complaints about cameras being inappropriately used into the homes/yards of residents and knowing there was a lawsuit due to actions of the owners/management (meaning people might be trying to get proof to show those goings on)

They did use a robot first with a camera:

Police had sent a robot with a camera into the home but initially did not see him.

And the hoarding situation may have prevented tear gas due to lack of efficacy in it spreading, and if they knew he had a bunker type space, they may also have known it wouldn't penetrate to where he was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkit2110
Back