Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So this bunker man murderer opted to plead not guilty. No surprise. I can’t wait to hear about his defense.
No surprise at all indeed. But despite the additional time this will give to the defence, I still believe the “beyond reasonable doubt” will be easy to prove by prosecution.
The suspect was literally hiding with the dismembered bodies. His fingerprints must be all over those bags.He admitted to the murder to a relative. Wonder if the latter will be called as witness

I still believe the “beyond reasonable doubt” will be easy to prove by prosecution.
Agree. The neighbor on the other side of Michael Sparks' home said he hated the Menards. Was upset about a tree being trimmed by Daniel Menard. When police find two dead bodies underneath your house you better have a really good explanation.

No surprise at all indeed. But despite the additional time this will give to the defence, I still believe the “beyond reasonable doubt” will be easy to prove by prosecution.
The suspect was literally hiding with the dismembered bodies. His fingerprints must be all over those bags.He admitted to the murder to a relative. Wonder if the latter will be called as witness

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes quickly to a plea deal. Admitting what he did to a relative and trying to end his own life as LE closed in on him in the bunker makes me think he wouldn't want to go through a whole trial attempting to defend himself.

Agree. The neighbor on the other side of Michael Sparks' home said he hated the Menards. Was upset about a tree being trimmed by Daniel Menard. When police find two dead bodies underneath your house you better have a really good explanation.
Particularly if you are sitting there beside them and have the unmistakable scent of decomp on you when you crawl out of your hidey-hole!

1725946436049.jpeg
Michael Royce Sparks enters the courtroom at the San Bernardino Justice Center in San Bernardino on Sept. 9, 2024, before being arraigned on two counts of murder. Sparks pleaded not guilty in the slayings of his neighbors at the Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort in Redlands, Daniel and Stephanie Menard. (Brian Rokos, The Press-Enterprise/SCNG)

Michael Sparks is eligible for the death penalty, but the district attorney has not decided whether to pursue that punishment.

Stephanie and Daniel Menard died of "blunt force trauma to the head," according to the coroner.
That's horrible. I don't see how Sparks can offer any defense of himself. He had told at least one neighbor he hated the Menards. He told one of his own family members he murdered two people. I assume he killed the dog too.

I don’t like to speculate but I still wonder how he lured them in his house. Not easy to move heavy bodies in a basement. Or he invited them over with an excuse (premeditation), or maybe Dan wandered there due to his condition and Stephanie followed, or they were looking for the dog (Opportunity).
I agree that blunt force trauma entails usually hatred and loss of control, but it is horrific also because in terms of timing, it takes more and one of the two had more time to realize the killing of the spouse.
I suppose that since he pleads not guilty, we will only be hearing LE theory but not whatntruly happened ?

I don’t like to speculate but I still wonder how he lured them in his house. Not easy to move heavy bodies in a basement. Or he invited them over with an excuse (premeditation), or maybe Dan wandered there due to his condition and Stephanie followed, or they were looking for the dog (Opportunity).
I agree that blunt force trauma entails usually hatred and loss of control, but it is horrific also because in terms of timing, it takes more and one of the two had more time to realize the killing of the spouse.
I suppose that since he pleads not guilty, we will only be hearing LE theory but not what truly happened ?
I think he lured the wife with the dog and then returned to lure the husband. Speculation only.

jmo

This story is terrible enough, and I hate it when animals also suffer. Poor little Cuddles I really wonder what happened.
I've avoided this case often because I worry about cuddles :'(

I suppose that since he pleads not guilty, we will only be hearing LE theory but not whatntruly happened ?
I could see him dognapping poor cuddles and luring over the couple with their dog. I'd do anything to save my little baby dog (she's nearly 5 now but she is my little baby)!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back