Found Deceased CA - Stephen Pease, 57, Fort Bragg, 28 Oct 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Real quick before I forget, michelyna93 you may want to consider becoming a verified insider on this case. It allows you to share more, if you wish, about Stephen that hasn't been published in MSM (main stream media). For example the info about his dogs, cars he's owned/likes, etc. - technically since those things aren't coming from a news story or "verified insider," the moderators might delete the info. I'd hate to see that happen as it's very useful and helpful.

Please don't take this the wrong way - I hugely appreciate everything you've posted and how it's allowed us to get a better sense for who Stephen is, which in turn might help coming up with ideas (I hope!!). I would be sad to see any of the great info you've shared get lost. I haven't done the insider verification process myself as I haven't been involved closely enough with any of the people in the cases I've followed, but I've seen people post who get verified on cases and they've all said it's really quick and easy, just a brief phone call with a moderator.

Here's the process to do that if you want to:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks again for coming here and posting with us.

Posting this here and to my other Roseville/Rocklin area cases that I've been following... I'm heading out that way again Sat. evening. I'm not comfortable wandering around in the dark by myself, but I'll have hubby with me for most of the time. I'm also comfortable walking in populated areas and looking for posters and such. Is there anything that anyone might want me to look for, or do?

I saw Stephens closed restaurant today and I can say that there are still no missing posters on the front just the "temporarily closed" notices. I wasn't planning on driving there today and it's about 25 miles from were I live.

My brother in-law is here from Texas and asked for a ride to Roseville to meet a client who's opening a new brew-pub. I said sure no problem. He tells me it's on Vernon St right next to Sammy's Rockin Bar and Grill. Really. So I ask him if he knows that the owner of Sammy's is missing. My BIL said yes. I asked if he knows Steve and he told me he has met him but doesn't know him well.

I haven't been thru that area in years and it looks much nicer than I remember. The brew-pub that my BIL is working on looks cool to me and I didn't get any kind of indication that business is down in the area or that there's a problem with Sammy's other than the owner is missing.

I saw Stephens closed restaurant today and I can say that there are still no missing posters on the front just the "temporarily closed" notices. I wasn't planning on driving there today and it's about 25 miles from were I live.

My brother in-law is here from Texas and asked for a ride to Roseville to meet a client who's opening a new brew-pub. I said sure no problem. He tells me it's on Vernon St right next to Sammy's Rockin Bar and Grill. Really. So I ask him if he knows that the owner of Sammy's is missing. My BIL said yes. I asked if he knows Steve and he told me he has met him but doesn't know him well.

I haven't been thru that area in years and it looks much nicer than I remember. The brew-pub that my BIL is working on looks cool to me and I didn't get any kind of indication that business is down in the area or that there's a problem with Sammy's other than the owner is missing.

Sounds like you saw the same things I did. I didn't end up making it out there tonight as my husband got called into work and I didn't want to go alone, but hopefully tomorrow. What a crazy coincidence that your BIL wanted a ride to that location!

As far as what you saw, that's all I saw the other day, too - no flyers, nothing even obviously wrong other than the restaurant being closed. If you search around on Google you'll find a little info on the place next door to Sammy's being available. Sounds like it's taken now. :)

Yes they've done a ton of work to fix the area up and IMO it's really nice now. As I'm sure you know it was pretty run down before, and it used to feel pretty sketchy to me at night - it doesn't anymore. From what I can gather it sounds like Steve has been a big part of fixing it up between fundraising, his own business, his dedication to the area, etc. I still haven't been able to find anything new about his story.

Thank you!

A few things that have come to mind and/or strike me about this article:

- Once again that they're saying the date the rental car was due back (11/5), but not the date it was rented.

- I'm assuming the picture of the vehicle they're showing is the same as what was rented... is it just me or does that seem like a pretty large vehicle for someone used to driving sporty cars? I was originally picturing "cheapo rental car" as in subcompact, since Captiva didn't sound familiar. Then I saw the picture. From the tiny bit we know it seems odd to me that he'd rent what looks like a cross between a station wagon and a minivan.

- The articles pretty much all say that his "family and friends" reported him missing, other than some of the early stories that said it was his staff. But I have yet to see anything in the media from his family... no judgement from me, maybe they just aren't up for it, but nothing? Nothing from his business partner, ex-wife (who he's apparently friendly with), etc. Does he have kids? Siblings? Parents who are still alive? Who is the "family" that reported him missing?

I hope he's okay and finds whatever it is that he needs so he can contact his loved ones and tell them he's okay, or come back home soon.

Your link doesn't work for me. Is this the article that you wanted to link?

Loan conditions cloud Roseville restaurant's future

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2013/11/18/loan-conditions-cloud-roseville.html

From that article:
It was not clear from the minutes how or if the board and the corporation resolved that issue, though the loan agreement was approved unanimously.

I believe the author is speculating based on info dug up from the board meeting minutes. The issue may have been resolved before the deal was approved. JMO but I wouldn't add any weight to it, especially since he adds the above disclaimer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I'm one of the reporters covering this story. I also wrote about Susan Jacobson, who is still missing. If you prefer to keep this space clear of the "main stream media" I'm happy to delete my profile. But its obvious you're careful readers looking to interpret what information that is out there. In the future, I may be able to clarify things I can't put in the newspaper.

I'm one of the reporters covering this story. I also wrote about Susan Jacobson, who is still missing. If you prefer to keep this space clear of the "main stream media" I'm happy to delete my profile. But its obvious you're careful readers looking to interpret what information that is out there. In the future, I may be able to clarify things I can't put in the newspaper.

Hi NewsFletch. You should probably get verified as a professional journalist if you wish to post any inside type information. It will get deleted as being rumor if you don't. Here's a link that explains how to get verified.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: We would love to read whatever you have that can help us with this case.

Great to see you. As the other poster said, best way forward is get verified and your statements will have more weightl..i9ts essentially a phone call with one of our mods, very simple.

Look forward to hearing what you have to say

Friends searching for Pease: 'We don't know where to go from here'
EnlargeFort Bragg Police Department
The partner in a shuttered Roseville restaurant was last seen Nov. 2 in Fort Bragg, according to a missing poster being distributed by the police department there.

Ben van der Meer
Staff Writer-
Sacramento Business Journal
Email | Twitter | LinkedIn | Google+ Friends of missing restaurant owner Steve Pease said they have little new information and still more questions than answers about where he might be.

Chris Maudru said friends and family searched for Pease over the weekend where he was last seen early this month in Mendocino County, and a private investigator is still searching, but no leads have turned up yet.

“That’s what’s frustrating, because we don’t know where to go from here,” he said. “The police have told us it’s really a sit-and-wait situation now.”

<modsnip>

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2013/11/18/friends-searching-for-pease-we-dont.html

Welcome to Websleuths! What do you make of the Vancouver sighting? I wish his friends the best of luck in finding him, that's a lot of ground to cover.

I for one would love to hear from you - on both Stephen and Susan's cases! I agree with the suggestion to get verified as a professional reporter, if you don't mind. I haven't done it myself, but as I understand it from seeing others get verified, it's a pretty easy process.

Thanks for posting here. I look forward to hearing more from you. Let me know if you need help finding Susan's thread if you want to post anything there too.

Ugh unfortunately I was too sick to go out much today and see whatever there might be to see, but hopefully later this week if it's still needed. I'm planning on a sort of Stephen/Susan/Bryce "loop" to look for flyers, info, etc.

Ugh unfortunately I was too sick to go out much today and see whatever there might be to see, but hopefully later this week if it's still needed. I'm planning on a sort of Stephen/Susan/Bryce "loop" to look for flyers, info, etc.

I'd love to hear about your findings on all 3 cases when you do!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Search for Missing Roseville Restaurant Owner Continues; Loan Payment Now Late

Pease’s friends have not given up hope in bringing their friend home. They spent the past few days in Fort Bragg, looking for any sign of Pease or the rental car he was driving.

“[We’re] searching the coastline to make sure vehicle hadn’t gone off the cliff or something and we feel very confident about that,” said Chris Maudru, a friend of Pease’s.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/11/18/search-...ontinues-loan-payment-now-late/#ixzz2l4CNoZot

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa
Back