GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From @Niner post upthread and deserves repeating:

"This is L.A. court doesn’t go past 4:30 even during deliberations."
I think this deliberation is going to take awhile. We are on LA's skimpy schedule. And they have an awful lot of testimony to go over. This was a long trial. I hope the jurors are on the same general page though. If they are divided, this might never come together.

If jury began deliberations at scheduled time today (1:30 p.m. Pacific), they will put in three hours today until required court close at 4:30 p.m. Off tomorrow (Thursday) but will deliberate Friday.

Edit: correction on deliberation days

Last edited:
Cathy Russon

@cathyrusson

·
3h

No deliberations tomorrow due to Jewish holiday. That was scheduled a long time ago. If no verdict today they WILL deliberate on Friday
Quote Tweet

QHh_Xf2o_normal.jpg

Jeanne

@TrueCrimeJeanne
· 4h
#RobertDurst #Livestream #Trial #TrialCoverage #TrueCrime #CourtTV #LawCrimeNetwork the neverending delays. Anyone know about if there’s deliberations tomorrow or Friday if needed? (Preferably someone at the courthouse etc. that knows... @lawcrimenews @Angenette5 @cathyrusson ?) twitter.com/cathyrusson/st…

I think this deliberation is going to take awhile. We are on LA's skimpy schedule. And they have an awful lot of testimony to go over. This was a long trial. I hope the jurors are on the same general page though. If they are divided, this might never come together.
Yes, you just never know. The jury took 26 hours of deliberations in the Galveston case.
Robert Durst Trial Jurors Question Their Not Guilty Verdict on 'The Jury Speaks'

—————

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1438251336227692547

#RobertDurst - JURY NOTE: They want calendar and timeline slides prepared by prosecutor Balian in his closing. Judge is denying the request. (Not in evidence, just used during closings)

@LawCrimeNetwork

well on youtube I could see the judge talking but no audio now I dunno what a JINX

Maybe they are deadlocking on special circumstances charges. Tbh those don’t bother me, i know what I think on them all IMO but if the jury agrees is whatever as long as he is convicted on murder charge MOO

Chesnoff tried to mislead jury on the “witness killing” charge, maybe he’ll get away with it !

I bet Lewen is a wreck. I can't imagine he would be much fun to be around during deliberations. He wanted them to go back there and be back in 15 minutes with a guilty verdict.

Thank you @Chelly - for mentioning the 4:30pm stopping deliberations!

and here's the last tweet from yesterday, 9/15.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
7h
#RobertDurst - Jury has gone home after approx. 2 1/2 hours of delibs today. NO COURT TOMORROW due to Jewish holiday. They will be back FRIDAY but not until 1:30 pt/4:30 et. So the max of another 3 hours on Friday.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Just and observation on the two lawyers Chernoff et al rolling around in their lawyer suits on the courtroom floor in a show and tell re the Morris Black killing . The gun is a Ruger .22 cal. not a magnum .22 just a std. You might take someone's eye out with one o those or half the nose off but to kill someone with a tangential shot from a 100mm barrel .22 .. it is very very unlikely. I have shot goats with something similar so I know of what I speak.

I'd say Morris was winged and winded with the shot and let go and then Robert then emptied the rest of the gun into him or at least five rounds. Here's an example of just how hard it is to kill someone with just one shot from an under powered gun - Dan Markel 2014 was shot once through the jaw with a short bbl 38 by S Garcia and then between the eyes. He still took 13.5 hrs to die.

I believe the whole story of manner of death for Black was hogwash. He would have had to be shot say under the jaw and with the gun pointing backwards in the struggle for it to be fatal . Even then one shot likely would not have killed him - depending on the precise ammo type.

So Durst likely executed him once he was disabled.

Durst got away with it because
A. He was rich . and -

B. he had the sense to cut of the head and bury it where it would never be found so his story of the struggle could not be disproven.

He's a prime candidate for lethal injection, given his serial killer history but I can see it will never happen.

Kidon G.

Just and observation on the two lawyers Chernoff et al rolling around in their lawyer suits on the courtroom floor in a show and tell re the Morris Black killing . The gun is a Ruger .22 cal. not a magnum .22 just a std. You might take someone's eye out with one o those or half the nose off but to kill someone with a tangential shot from a 100mm barrel .22 .. it is very very unlikely. I have shot goats with something similar so I know of what I speak.

I'd say Morris was winged and winded with the shot and let go and then Robert then emptied the rest of the gun into him or at least five rounds. Here's an example of just how hard it is to kill someone with just one shot from an under powered gun - Dan Markel 2014 was shot once through the jaw with a short bbl 38 by S Garcia and then between the eyes. He still took 13.5 hrs to die.

I believe the whole story of manner of death for Black was hogwash. He would have had to be shot say under the jaw and with the gun pointing backwards in the struggle for it to be fatal . Even then one shot likely would not have killed him - depending on the precise ammo type.

So Durst likely executed him once he was disabled.

Durst got away with it because
A. He was rich . and -

B. he had the sense to cut of the head and bury it where it would never be found so his story of the struggle could not be disproven.

He's a prime candidate for lethal injection, given his serial killer history but I can see it will never happen.

Kidon G.
A 22 is not as loud as other pistols so that was another reason he bought that gun for this job. IMO it was no accident he wound up renting a room next to Morris. I think that PI in Texas had it right, Black and his brother Harry had something to do with Kathie's disappearance. They may have buried it for Durst and it was suggested they go that far back to when the 2 brothers worked on the Durst Organic Farm after WW2. I think these old guys were clean-up men for Berman's father back in the day. Durst killed Morris cause he was the only other witness to Kathie's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38
Back