CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in the news about Folsom prision. This is a pretty safe nighborhood. I am at this shopping center at least once a week. I have never felt unsafe going to the store at odd hours. I have gone there early in the morning because that usually when my son informs me he needs something special to bring to school that day. The shopping center is close to the highschool and there is usually a lot of foot traffic starting about 7 am. So I have been thinking something had to happen to her before that time.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/09/5406419/missing-womans-husband-clings.html

By Ed Fletcher
Published: Thursday, May. 9, 2013 - 12:00 am

<snipped>
Any little piece of information from that day could help, DeFreece said.

Some of the evidence being processed came from Sunday's 200-person search party that scoured Mahany Park and open spaces in Sun City Roseville.

He said police are attacking the case with the urgency of a kidnapping and the manpower of a homicide investigation.

http://www.roseville.ca.us/

http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3677&TargetID=1

Susan Jacobson, a 59-year-old resident of Sun City Roseville, a white female, 4'11" tall and about 90 pounds, with shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes, last seen wearing a dark gray sweatshirt and light gray sweat pants, went missing May 1. Early that morning, she told her husband she planned to go grocery-shopping and to run other errands around town, and she never returned. Around 8 a.m. May 1, a citizen found her wallet in the parking lot of the Raley's grocery store center at Woodcreek Oaks Boulevard and Pleasant Grove Boulevard, and turned it in to the neighborhood Starbucks. Officers found her car, a dark blue Honda Civic, unoccupied in the same parking lot.

On Sunday, May 5, the Roseville Police Department coordinated a ground search, looking for any clues to Mrs. Jacobson's disappearance. Almost 200 people helped search, including RPD employees, Placer County Sheriff's Search and Rescue volunteers and their search dogs, a large group of employees from R.C. Wiley, and many other concerned citizen volunteers. They searched a large area of Mahany Park and open space areas in Sun City Roseville. They found some items (as you would in any detailed search of any area), but it's unknown if anything found was connected to Mrs. Jacobson's disappearance. No additional ground searches are scheduled at this time.

We greatly appreciate the community's help and concern. We urge anyone who saw Mrs. Jacobson in the days leading up to her disappearance, or who has any information at all that could help call our tip line at (916)774-5080.

http://www.roseville.ca.us/

http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3677&TargetID=1

Susan Jacobson, a 59-year-old resident of Sun City Roseville, a white female, 4'11" tall and about 90 pounds, with shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes, last seen wearing a dark gray sweatshirt and light gray sweat pants, went missing May 1. Early that morning, she told her husband she planned to go grocery-shopping and to run other errands around town, and she never returned. Around 8 a.m. May 1, a citizen found her wallet in the parking lot of the Raley's grocery store center at Woodcreek Oaks Boulevard and Pleasant Grove Boulevard, and turned it in to the neighborhood Starbucks. Officers found her car, a dark blue Honda Civic, unoccupied in the same parking lot.

On Sunday, May 5, the Roseville Police Department coordinated a ground search, looking for any clues to Mrs. Jacobson's disappearance. Almost 200 people helped search, including RPD employees, Placer County Sheriff's Search and Rescue volunteers and their search dogs, a large group of employees from R.C. Wiley, and many other concerned citizen volunteers. They searched a large area of Mahany Park and open space areas in Sun City Roseville. They found some items (as you would in any detailed search of any area), but it's unknown if anything found was connected to Mrs. Jacobson's disappearance. No additional ground searches are scheduled at this time.

We greatly appreciate the community's help and concern. We urge anyone who saw Mrs. Jacobson in the days leading up to her disappearance, or who has any information at all that could help call our tip line at (916)774-5080.

bbm... that's kind of weird. why might they think anything from the days before she disappeared would have anything to do with her actual disappearance? or are they trying to find out the possible time she was last seen (besides her husband?)?

bbm... that's kind of weird. why might they think anything from the days before she disappeared would have anything to do with her actual disappearance? or are they trying to find out the possible time she was last seen (besides her husband?)?

Good question, Mamacita!

questions I have...

1.). why are LE asking for information starting at 4:00 a.m. In the Raley parking lot on the day of Susan's disappearance.... Hasn't it been reported that she left her house at about 7:00 a.m.?

2.). Who was the last person to see her... And when was the communication/sighting....(aside from her husband)

3.). does Susan have any children? they must be frantic!

ETA.... 4.). Have we heard from Susan's parents?

JMO

Perhaps LE wants to know if any person or vehicle was seen scoping out the parking lot in the earlier hours of the morning.

I haven't heard anything on local news. I wonder why.

an article and video from May 5th

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...ass-roseville-neighborhood-for-missing-woman/

"Sunday was the first day 170 volunteers went out to search for clues. Volunteers searched the Sun City Golf course near Jacobson&#8217;s home, and outlining areas behind Woodcreek High School.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a very sizable area; it&#8217;s a couple miles,&#8221; Roseville police Det. Darin DeFreece.

&#8220;There&#8217;s a lot of creek and brush, and oak trees,&#8221; said Melody Neill.

Hiding within the brush could be possible clues."

One article said there were 15 businesses in the strip mall and officers had been reviewing them with no good results. How about her route there? She could have been abducted anywhere. Maybe she never got to the grocery store.

I am beginning to think she never got to the shopping mall...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members