CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kjac- there is a pic out there, on one of the news videos I think, of your mother, wearing a blue visor, with a leashed dog, and they are sitting next to a creek/river.
Would you happen to know where that picture was taken?

AMEN. As far as the FBI goes, my understanding is that they can or will agree to be involved only if there are certain circumstances, i.e., a crime crosses state lines, etc. Usually more assistance can be found at the state level (California Bureau of Investigation): an investigator can be assigned, their lab can be utilized. I wonder if this has happened in Susan's case? Just speaking from how things worked for us in Kansas. We were reminded often of the backlog of any type of lab work and that we had to be very patient waiting on results, although sometimes unfortunately, there were no results. I still think, my opinion only, that possibly whatever video LE has may not be of very good quality. Wasn't it mentioned that it was 'being enhanced'? However, being told they 'may never get it' may mean it's so far down on the FBI's backlog/case priority that it may never be processed. I wonder, IF this is the case, if the family could have the enhancement done themselves, through an independent expert, at their own expense? A copy could be made so the original footage is maintained, chain of custody is maintained, but maybe some very valuable info could be uncovered. And, as there is possibly so much more that we don't know, I could be completely wrong. I would 'go for broke', so to speak in desperation to light a fire under somebody, to get LE to speak out for Susan.

Congratulations on your precious new child Kjac and family. You have my continued prayers for answers. God Bless.

Perhaps LE realized the suspect/s (If caught in video) were from/had charges in another state and that's how they were able to bring in FBI? Fugitives that had crossed state lines?

Thank you for explaining all of this and your thoughtful/critical analysis of what you believe might be going on with this case.

And as far as FBI backlogging, maybe they should think about utilizing some of our sleuths here for extra staff to expedite the "log". :) (not even kidding. So many talented/intelligent/DEDICATED members here)

Kjac- there is a pic out there, on one of the news videos I think, of your mother, wearing a blue visor, with a leashed dog, and they are sitting next to a creek/river.
Would you happen to know where that picture was taken?

Do you happen to remember where you saw the pic? I'm trying to find it. I won't be able to say for sure, of course, but I do know this area and am hoping the creek/river might look familiar.

Do you happen to remember where you saw the pic? I'm trying to find it. I won't be able to say for sure, of course, but I do know this area and am hoping the creek/river might look familiar.

Think I found it, in this story? http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/05/02/search-on-for-missing-roseville-woman/

Unfortunately I don't recognize the spot, because there's just not enough background shown. Hopefully Kjac can let us know if there's more info about the location.

^Yes , thank you nikb- I'm sorry I should have posted that- it's at 1:10
It might be a stretch, but I would want to know that any outdoor area she has any familiarity with has been , or is, checked. Just because.

It might be a stretch, but I would want to know that any outdoor area she has any familiarity with has been , or is, checked. Just because.

Personally I don't think it is a stretch at all, because either she did walk off, or the perp wanted it to look like she walked off, by having the wallet found where it was located on the backside of Wells Fargo near the street, and with the ID found in the wallet, it looks to me like they wanted Susan identified as soon as possible as missing.

Thanks for confirming! No worries, I wasn't sure if you remembered which video it was in. Not that there are all that many. :( It'd be great if they could add that photo to the FB site too. Maybe someone will recognize her, or the place, or even the dog.

I agree with you about the outdoor areas. I'm still wondering if she might've interacted with other dog walkers, too. Even really shy people seem to open up some when talking about their dogs.

The problem is that as time goes back, the options of what could have happened to her diminish. The possibilities narrow. I hate that it's that way.

Kjac previously you mentioned that your dad has not taken a polygraph as it just hasn't come up. Has he thought about taking one anyway, so that the investigation can move forward? Since he himself thought that he would be on the top of everyone's list, and in the article you mention that people look at the husband first, and by the comments from that article, maybe clearing himself would be priority at this point so that the direction and line of fire would not be pointed at him, and could be better served in finding Susan once he is cleared?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/13/5563754/family-awaits-any-news-in-disappearance.html

"When you can't find anything, you always go back to the person that could have most easily done it. Let's be honest it's him," Kevin Jacobson said of his father.

Then he added, "Anybody who knows my dad knows he's not capable (of it)."

Call The Bee's Ed Fletcher, (916) 321-1269. Follow him on Twitter @NewsFletch.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/13/5563754/family-awaits-any-news-in-disappearance.html#storylink=cpy

Here on Websleuths there are Many Cases in which family members and others have taken polygraphs so that the particular cases can move forward.

I hope the fact that her husband has not been cleared by LE in a public way is not keeping people from being more concerned and/or interested. I think police said they verified his alibi, but not sure if that is an emphatic enough statement to prevent the notion that there is something "fishy" about the whole thing, to those who maybe just caught the interview back in early May, or who just don't believe a woman of her age would be abducted.

Hope I am making my point clear; I am referring to locals who may catch a piece of the story and just write it off in their minds as a "family" issue.

I've heard of rape/murder cases where the victims were in their 80's. Some of these perps don't have a preference and only go after young, pretty women, they'll go after anyone. Also, 59 is not that old, I know 60 year olds who look 40, and I'm not talking about celebrities, these are ordinary women. I don't look anywhere close to my age.

If this perp's idea was robbery, he could have panicked and took her with him to kill her later so she wouldn't identify him. Maybe he heard police sirens in the distance and thought he was in danger of being caught. Or maybe he just wanted to hold her captive for awhile. Or she could have wandered off in a daze and somebody else picked her up.

There are all kinds of possible scenarios other than the husband did it. If LE are comfortable enough with his alibi, and have not asked him to take a poly, then I trust that they don't consider him a suspect. That's JMO.

What stands out for me is the wallet. Why would the perp draw attention to the fact that they just took someone's wallet and the person as well. They left the ID with the wallet so that it could be identified quickly. Her car was found in the parking lot as well. Why? Why get caught with Susan in the parking lot?(Although clearly they weren't caught.) Why get caught throwing away the wallet. They weren't caught there, either. It just doesn't make any sense.
IMOO.

Kjac previously you mentioned that your dad has not taken a polygraph as it just hasn't come up. Has he thought about taking one anyway, so that the investigation can move forward? Since he himself thought that he would be on the top of everyone's list, and in the article you mention that people look at the husband first, and by the comments from that article, maybe clearing himself would be priority at this point so that the direction and line of fire would not be pointed at him, and could be better served in finding Susan once he is cleared?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/13/5563754/family-awaits-any-news-in-disappearance.html

"When you can't find anything, you always go back to the person that could have most easily done it. Let's be honest it's him," Kevin Jacobson said of his father.

Then he added, "Anybody who knows my dad knows he's not capable (of it)."

Call The Bee's Ed Fletcher, (916) 321-1269. Follow him on Twitter @NewsFletch.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/13/5563754/family-awaits-any-news-in-disappearance.html#storylink=cpy

Here on Websleuths there are Many Cases in which family members and others have taken polygraphs so that the particular cases can move forward.

I cant understand LE not requesting a poly. They can verify his alibi for the time he has said he last saw her but what if she went missing the evening or the day previous? I can not for the life of me understand why a poly was not given! I do wonder if they requested he take one and he refused. A polygraph Could rule him out.

I cant understand LE not requesting a poly. They can verify his alibi for the time he has said he last saw her but what if she went missing the evening or the day previous? I can not for the life of me understand why a poly was not given! I do wonder if they requested he take one and he refused. A polygraph Could rule him out.

Agreed. LE needs to treat all missing people with a much more intensive investigation. Rule out people closest to them that have anything to benefit from their disappearance first! Criminal records, bank records, whereabouts for the time period the person hasn't been seen by anyone. So, the husband saw her that morning, he says...but who was the last person to see or talk to her before that and how long before she was reported missing was that? etc...I would not see it as unfair or have my feelings hurt and in fact was the first person LE focused on when my late husband went missing for three months. I was just glad they were trying to find him, cooperated fully in every way, giving them access to everything!! Talking to everyone, searching, posting flyers! I see none of that here and after only a few months, "accepting reality?" I have concerns with that...

Hopefully, LE can get some "usable" information on the enhanced videos.

Praying for Susan, her family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor