CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a lot of great suggestions Kjac from us Websleuthers. :)
Lots of ideas of how to get your mom's name out there!!

He did one interview and did not come off all that well, IMO, at least the way it was edited. May have turned him off to the media.

But really, there needs to be a demonstration or something, marching on town hall or whatever. A woman has disappeared from the supermarket for heaven's sake, in the morning hours of a busy shopping area.

He did sound rather unemotional, but that could be from shock, as well as being questioned by LE, probably for hours. He sounded much like I imagine my husband would, if I were missing, like he just couldn't take it all in.

The media likes to downplay some things, and really, we probably shouldn't judge families just from a few seconds of a taped interview. Editing can alter how things come across, and I suspect that most reporters are only allowed a certain amount of air time, so they have to pick and choose which things get shown.

It's a shame that more isn't being done to find this woman, because if she's still alive she needs to be found and rescued. If she's not, then her husband and son need some answers.

I have not had a chance to catch up on every post yet, but I see some interest in doing some action items such as handing out flyers and getting Susan back out there in the news at local events in Roseville and whatnot. The family is all for this - any activities that have meaningful aim at the goal of finding and bringing Susan home I am for. I have a hard time asking people to help when I have not been able to be in the local area - "feet on the ground" - in the past few weeks just do to my wife's complications and now the new baby - but any help and all interest is very appreciated. Once things settle down I plan to spend some more time in Roseville and get more into the details.

Without going into too much detail, the family has invested some resources in trying to dig up new leads and look at different things. We have found some things of interest, but nothing solid/conclusive yet. Once anything firm comes about, I will let you know.

I don't know why the police has been so quiet on the issue of my mom. It has become an issue of frustration for myself personally. They have the media contacts...although I haven't had the chance in recent weeks, I had been contacting news sources pretty regularly for a while with very limited success. We need their help to keep it in the news. If I were to speculate, I'd suppose that either the police are thinking my mom left voluntarily, and/or they don't want to rile up the community about a possible abduction scenario, which would put more pressure on them. We just hope that they engage the family a little more, which I think would help them understand Susan better and also understand how unlikely it is that she left voluntarily. Again, as things settle I plan to work towards this means. This is not to badger LE, as they have done a lot in this case and we appreciate it, but there is some frustration on how quiet they have been.

LE has confirmed that there is no news on the surveillance - it has not come back. Because it is not terrorist related, it has a very low priority with the FBI, and they even said it may never be gotten to. Placing Susan in her car in the parking lot that morning isn't as meaningful to me, but it would obviously go a long way in helping nudge everyone in the right direction.

Thanks again to all for your continued interest and support.

Kjac, congrats on the new baby!! Just take the time to enjoy being a dad! And give the baby an extra kiss from all of us here! (I apologize for not knowing if it's a boy or a girl.)

Wow, if FBI says they may never get around to looking at those tapes, I'm shocked. But still, isn't there someone with the local PD that could help out?

I just hope that LE is doing all they can. Is it going to take another person being kidnapped before they show any concern?

Thanks for being here and adding your thoughts. Still praying for Susan and your family.

Quick notes,

Kjac congratulations on your new addition!!! Glad you're spending time with him or her.

Also I am soo sorry I didn't get back on in time to see this before WS apparently went down for awhile, although I was kinda too sick to go out to the Tuesday Night Roseville thing anyway. I'm still up for helping where I can and as soon as I can, though. Glad there's family interest in doing this.

I find it interesting how there are many other missing persons cases currently that have far less evidence of foul play than Susan, YET they get attention/support from the FBI and Susan is pushed aside. Really???!

a mother goes missing while grocery shopping - this is terror!!!!!! Her family is being terrorized bc she has obviously fallen into the hands of some sort of enemy and they need to rescue her! Get on it FBI dammit!!!!!!!!!

I know LE considers leaving on their own first in adult cases...but what on earth points to Susan doing so? She was doing her exact regular routine apparently.

I know LE considers leaving on their own first in adult cases...but what on earth points to Susan doing so? She was doing her exact regular routine apparently.

Totally agreed! Her disappearance screams foul play! She did not willfully go and it is not in her character.

(I think anytime a loved one goes missing finding them should be just as important or valuable as finding a terrorist IMHO)

Praying for you Susan.

I have said it dozens of times before about MP cases...LE is way too secretive. I think they are so used to being this way that they mismanage MP cases by not getting communities involved and keeping them informed, at least until the person is found, unless it is an obvious murder case with a crime scene but no body.

Finding the person should be priority, worrying about building a case should come second. But that is not how they do it and that is why people like Holly Bobo and other remain missing for years.

I have said it dozens of times before about MP cases...LE is way too secretive. I think they are so used to being this way that they mismanage MP cases by not getting communities involved and keeping them informed, at least until the person is found, unless it is an obvious murder case with a crime scene but no body.

Finding the person should be priority, worrying about building a case should come second. But that is not how they do it and that is why people like Holly Bobo and other remain missing for hears.

Exactly! Well said.

I find it interesting how there are many other missing persons cases currently that have far less evidence of foul play than Susan, YET they get attention/support from the FBI and Susan is pushed aside. Really???!

a mother goes missing while grocery shopping - this is terror!!!!!! Her family is being terrorized bc she has obviously fallen into the hands of some sort of enemy and they need to rescue her! Get on it FBI dammit!!!!!!!!!

AMEN. As far as the FBI goes, my understanding is that they can or will agree to be involved only if there are certain circumstances, i.e., a crime crosses state lines, etc. Usually more assistance can be found at the state level (California Bureau of Investigation): an investigator can be assigned, their lab can be utilized. I wonder if this has happened in Susan's case? Just speaking from how things worked for us in Kansas. We were reminded often of the backlog of any type of lab work and that we had to be very patient waiting on results, although sometimes unfortunately, there were no results. I still think, my opinion only, that possibly whatever video LE has may not be of very good quality. Wasn't it mentioned that it was 'being enhanced'? However, being told they 'may never get it' may mean it's so far down on the FBI's backlog/case priority that it may never be processed. I wonder, IF this is the case, if the family could have the enhancement done themselves, through an independent expert, at their own expense? A copy could be made so the original footage is maintained, chain of custody is maintained, but maybe some very valuable info could be uncovered. And, as there is possibly so much more that we don't know, I could be completely wrong. I would 'go for broke', so to speak in desperation to light a fire under somebody, to get LE to speak out for Susan.

Congratulations on your precious new child Kjac and family. You have my continued prayers for answers. God Bless.

I know we have family reading here, but Susan is missing and needs found, regardless of how, who, or where, to bring closure to this....in hopes that if she was harmed in a nefarious manner, justice might be served. So some things are kind of hard to talk about...

It's interesting, or odd, or something, that word of her missing hasn't really expanded much beyond the Roseville area. No searches seem to have been further out, maybe towards Lincoln, Lake of the Woods State Wildlife Area, Fremont Weir State Wildlife Area or Folsom Lake. Nothing I can find indicating to the public to be aware and keep your eyes open for her/something suspicious in areas that are less traveled, or out of the way. Places where someone could put/hide her.

Personally, I don't think she walked away from her car... or any where else. Out of respect for family.... I know the subject has been tiptoed around... but I fear that she is possibly deceased and areas where she could be located need to be addressed.
Some how. It perplexes me that LE appears to have gone silent. Just because there doesn't appear to be all the 'drama' associated to her case, as with so many others, it doesn't make her disappearance any less important.

It's just really, terribly sad.

I know we have family reading here, but Susan is missing and needs found, regardless of how, who, or where, to bring closure to this....in hopes that if she was harmed in a nefarious manner, justice might be served. So some things are kind of hard to talk about...

It's interesting, or odd, or something, that word of her missing hasn't really expanded much beyond the Roseville area. No searches seem to have been further out, maybe towards Lincoln, Lake of the Woods State Wildlife Area, Fremont Weir State Wildlife Area or Folsom Lake. Nothing I can find indicating to the public to be aware and keep your eyes open for her/something suspicious in areas that are less traveled, or out of the way. Places where someone could put/hide her.

Personally, I don't think she walked away from her car... or any where else. Out of respect for family.... I know the subject has been tiptoed around... but I fear that she is possibly deceased and areas where she could be located need to be addressed.
Some how. It perplexes me that LE appears to have gone silent. Just because there doesn't appear to be all the 'drama' associated to her case, as with so many others, it doesn't make her disappearance any less important.

It's just really, terribly sad.

I realized she is likely deceased - and to the extent possible (without truly knowing), I think I have come to terms with that. I just want her found - for her sake and for the family's, so that we can end this and move on (and grieve if need be). I would rather her be resting in peace than in some sort of painful state - though we do hold out hope that she is in okay shape someplace - waiting to be found. But no tiptoeing needed.

Kjac, have you thought of contacting Texas Equusearch? Even if they cannot come and search for some reason, Tim Miller or his staff may be able to give you some tips?
They have worked with hundreds, if not thousands of families in missing persons cases.

http://texasequusearch.org/

I also can't help thinking about one case here where a missing woman was found after six months very close to her home, I mean yards away, and had been overlooked in the searches. Makes me wonder a bit about the dogs that seemed to track her to a nearby park, if I remember correctly.

I realized she is likely deceased - and to the extent possible (without truly knowing), I think I have come to terms with that. I just want her found - for her sake and for the family's, so that we can end this and move on (and grieve if need be). I would rather her be resting in peace than in some sort of painful state - though we do hold out hope that she is in okay shape someplace - waiting to be found. But no tiptoeing needed.

KJac, did you see my post about the police impersonator who was busted and his accomplice is still on the run?

They held women captive. I DONT necessarily believe your mother is deceased. She could be held captive by this Eric Thorpe.

I made the possible connection bc your mother's cards were taken and not used (and her license was out of her wallet and left at the scene which could indicate they wanted to take her to use the cards rather than use her ID to validate use of the cards!)

Eric Thorpe and his accomplice would take cards and use them - that's how Eric's accomplice got caught. Perhaps Eric got your Moms cards and isn't using them bc he knows it will tip off the police to his location? And perhaps your mother is with him!?

It's just an idea, but idk it hit me like a ton of bricks. Please consider!!!!

Either way, I pray your mother is found SAFE!

I worry she is a fighter and if stone tried to forceably abduct her, she would put up a scrap! So I worry that she could have been hurt if she tried to fight back during the abduction. IMHO

Clucian- I worry too that she was 'overlooked' in the original searches...maybe a do over is needed in certain locations?

( i sincerely hope she wasn't placed in a dumpster in the immediate area...yeah I know , that hurt to type, much less read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor