CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what was said last time this subject was brought up. But suppose for a minute that Susan wasn't the one parking the car and the reason for the car being where it was was because it was out of site of any useable video tape. That's the point I've tried to make. What if???

I can't help but to keep asking that same question, myself... :waitasec:

And speaking of hip replacement, did she have a Handicap placard??? My sister has had two knee replacements and has one. That's another way to not get your car doors dinged is to use a Handicap placard.

Very good point..

My mom had a knee replacement and has a Handicap placard...

At the risk of stating the obvious, I've always believed that the reason law enforcement appealed to anyone who was in that parking lot between 4 a.m. and noon to contact them, was that they wanted to see if they could find anyone who places that car in the parking lot prior to Susan's alleged arrival. JMOO.

Yes... The Time Period of 4:00 a.m. To 12:00 Noon by LE sends some messages to me, as well...

Like could the car have been placed there earlier...

and could the perp (if there is one, of course) have returned to the car after the act?

JMO

I really appreciate the links! I just have to question how they're possibly so different, given that Sun City is basically IN Roseville. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't read too much into them saying it was 90 in Roseville and 77 in Sun City on the same day (May 4). I just picked the date as an example. It doesn't make any sense - I mean literally drive 1/4 mile and you're out of "Sun City" (which is basically just a community in the city) and into Roseville. I'm not that familiar with Accuweather. Is it possible to see a map or description of where the weather equipment is located?

I DO think the weather and temps that day could be important, particularly when trying to understand the parking situation. IMO generally someone would be unlikely to intentionally park that far away if it was overly cold or hot at the time. Maybe I'm just a wimp. :)

Quick PS haven't heard anything back yet on the other ideas I had about the fair or the Roseville Tuesday night thing, but I know it's still the holiday weekend. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Come home Susan!

Nor knowing the locale well... Is there a rise in elevation in Sun City in relation to Roseville... Like is it in a more hilly elevation?

Higher elevation generally produces cooler weather...

I don't know where I am going with this...

but just some thoughts...

I have not had a chance to catch up on every post yet, but I see some interest in doing some action items such as handing out flyers and getting Susan back out there in the news at local events in Roseville and whatnot. The family is all for this - any activities that have meaningful aim at the goal of finding and bringing Susan home I am for. I have a hard time asking people to help when I have not been able to be in the local area - "feet on the ground" - in the past few weeks just do to my wife's complications and now the new baby - but any help and all interest is very appreciated. Once things settle down I plan to spend some more time in Roseville and get more into the details.

Without going into too much detail, the family has invested some resources in trying to dig up new leads and look at different things. We have found some things of interest, but nothing solid/conclusive yet. Once anything firm comes about, I will let you know.

I don't know why the police has been so quiet on the issue of my mom. It has become an issue of frustration for myself personally. They have the media contacts...although I haven't had the chance in recent weeks, I had been contacting news sources pretty regularly for a while with very limited success. We need their help to keep it in the news. If I were to speculate, I'd suppose that either the police are thinking my mom left voluntarily, and/or they don't want to rile up the community about a possible abduction scenario, which would put more pressure on them. We just hope that they engage the family a little more, which I think would help them understand Susan better and also understand how unlikely it is that she left voluntarily. Again, as things settle I plan to work towards this means. This is not to badger LE, as they have done a lot in this case and we appreciate it, but there is some frustration on how quiet they have been.

LE has confirmed that there is no news on the surveillance - it has not come back. Because it is not terrorist related, it has a very low priority with the FBI, and they even said it may never be gotten to. Placing Susan in her car in the parking lot that morning isn't as meaningful to me, but it would obviously go a long way in helping nudge everyone in the right direction.

Thanks again to all for your continued interest and support.

Ah I see. Her credit cards are gone and NOT used. Some cash missing, too. Thanks Treelights.

Hmmmm. Strange.

I am glad you brought up the question if keys were found... And where...

I don't remember if this has been resolved yet, either...

another question that I do not recall being answered is what was her type(s) and place(s) of employment prior to semi- retiring...

I feel that the information regarding employment gives us needed insight into Susan...

Did she work in real estate?

did she work in the entertainment industry in Las Vegas in some fashion?

Just thoughts... And...

JMO

Great point about her employment and financial sources....!

I have not had a chance to catch up on every post yet, but I see some interest in doing some action items such as handing out flyers and getting Susan back out there in the news at local events in Roseville and whatnot. The family is all for this - any activities that have meaningful aim at the goal of finding and bringing Susan home I am for. I have a hard time asking people to help when I have not been able to be in the local area - "feet on the ground" - in the past few weeks just do to my wife's complications and now the new baby - but any help and all interest is very appreciated. Once things settle down I plan to spend some more time in Roseville and get more into the details.

Without going into too much detail, the family has invested some resources in trying to dig up new leads and look at different things. We have found some things of interest, but nothing solid/conclusive yet. Once anything firm comes about, I will let you know.

I don't know why the police has been so quiet on the issue of my mom. It has become an issue of frustration for myself personally. They have the media contacts...although I haven't had the chance in recent weeks, I had been contacting news sources pretty regularly for a while with very limited success. We need their help to keep it in the news. If I were to speculate, I'd suppose that either the police are thinking my mom left voluntarily, and/or they don't want to rile up the community about a possible abduction scenario, which would put more pressure on them. We just hope that they engage the family a little more, which I think would help them understand Susan better and also understand how unlikely it is that she left voluntarily. Again, as things settle I plan to work towards this means. This is not to badger LE, as they have done a lot in this case and we appreciate it, but there is some frustration on how quiet they have been.

LE has confirmed that there is no news on the surveillance - it has not come back. Because it is not terrorist related, it has a very low priority with the FBI, and they even said it may never be gotten to. Placing Susan in her car in the parking lot that morning isn't as meaningful to me, but it would obviously go a long way in helping nudge everyone in the right direction.

Thank you for sharing this info with us. Your sweet mother has been on my mind. Her face is so precious and I hope you get to see her soon. My prayers are with you.

If I can ask you, do you ever think your mother would just run away and not attempt to contact you? If you don't feel comfortable answering I totally understand. It's just important for ppl to know IMHO if you believe it would be in your mothers character to run away without contacting her loved ones....

Was she experiencing a significant life change around the time she disappeared?

Thank you and we will keep looking/praying for Susan. Hugs and love.

Thanks for that! Sorry for the confusion about the two Sun Cities. I can't edit my post so therefore the best link to look at for the weather is for Roseville, California.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/roseville-ca/95678/may-weather/337221

I wanted to add several links to show the differences in temperatures in different areas of California, incase she would have gone elsewhere, but I see
it is way too confusing, especially with the Sun City reference and being the wrong one to boot, so I will just leave it as it is, and from this link, anyone can look up what the temps were in
a particular city in the month of May 2013.

Thanks for the weather reference...:seeya:

And I totally understand the Sun City "confusion"...

The Sun City in Riverside County is close to my home... And that is the one I usually think of when I hear the name...

:sunshine:

So her ID is found outside of the car? Am I right on this?

Why would she have gotten her ID out for someone? Maybe someone was acting like a cop and approached her window and asked for her license? Abducted her not long after? Has happened before...

My mind wandered to a fake cop... Or... Sorry... But a "rogue" cop intent to do harm...

(No disrespect to LE here... There are rogues in all areas of life...
and come to think of it... If it was a bonafide cop... The scene would have probably been more organized...)

this could help explain the wallet separate from the purse?

JMO

I think we all feel uncomfortable doing anything without permission from LE and the Jacobson family. However, on the City of Roseville's website they have posted a "Missing person flyer to share and distribute".

Website: http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3677

Flyer: http://www.roseville.ca.us/civicax/inc/blobfetch.aspx?BlobID=26507

Good point...

the flyer requests sharing on FB...

I think that erring on the side of helpfulness is better than erring on the side of lack of transparency...

But that is just IMO...

With Susan living in a retirement community, I would think LE would be advising elderly people about abductions particularly with Susan being missing in their community, and the way she went missing is extremely suspicious, that, to me, it does not look like she walked away, but she was taken away. But that's just my opinion.....

Treelights - delighted to see you on this case! You are one smart cookie and a fact machine! Ty!

Thank You. Unfortunately, there aren't many articles about Susan or videos, as she has very little media exposure, so I don't feel there is much for me to contribute in the way of finding facts. Sad....... IMOO.

good to hear from you, Kjac!

And thank you for the information!

Please give your little bundle a big ol' hug from me! :hug: :baby: :hug:

I hope you get to "show off" your new baby to your mother... Soon! :please:

I do not understand why the FBI would need to look at the video and cause such a delay; are we talking about videos from the shops or something else? I thought LE said they had heaps of video but none of it was helpful.

Thank you for sharing this info with us. Your sweet mother has been on my mind. Her face is so precious and I hope you get to see her soon. My prayers are with you.

If I can ask you, do you ever think your mother would just run away and not attempt to contact you? If you don't feel comfortable answering I totally understand. It's just important for ppl to know IMHO if you believe it would be in your mothers character to run away without contacting her loved ones....

Was she experiencing a significant life change when she disappeared?

Thank you and we will keep looking/praying for Susan. Hugs and love.

I think it is VERY unlikely that she left voluntarily. The only way I see this happening is some sort of mental incident (which she has shown no signs of in the past).

She is very shy and has a certain degree of social anxieties. Her home and her family is her "safe zone". I cannot stress enough that for her to suddenly disappear and run off would be so far out of her character. Further, she would have no place to go, that we are aware of. We have talked to all family members and friends (which is a relatively small circle - we are a small family). There has been no evidence of emails or phone calls to strange people/numbers. She was very excited for her new grandbaby. There were no significant problems at home - they have a stable, good relationship - 35 years worth of memories. There is just no way in my mind that she left voluntarily, unless, again, there was some mental component.

I realize I'm just posts on a message board to everyone - I understand that. But for what it's worth, I would be honest with myself if I thought there was something amiss in the household. I like to think that I am not an idealist who pretends to live in some perfect world. But the type of behavior that would lead someone to kill their spouse, and to cover it up to the degree necessary (which requires significant planning and thought) as would be in this case where NOTHING has been found by police or other family, does not just pop up out of no where. There are patterns, both before, and after. These patterns are not there. I know as this drags on and there are more questions than answers, the thoughts will continue to go back to the person who could have done it the easiest. But just keep this in mind. Ignoring disposition, for my father to have pulled this off, with the police finding nothing after searching the house for 6 hours, copying their computer hard drive, searching cars, talking to all his family members, friends, co-workers, checking out his locations and whereabouts before, after, and during, would just be amazing (especially when you understand my dad is not very tech savvy or some sort of expert in forensics, etc...he's worked in retail all his life, and has always been a pretty simple, happy guy - loves his dog, likes to occasionally play golf or other recreational sport, likes cribbage, the Giants (baseball), etc.). I don't mean to rant, but I wish there was a better way I could help everyone understand who my dad is, so they can see what his friends and family see. I get that the questions will be (and have been) asked - and that is what this site is for - so I'm not criticizing anyone or asking anyone not to ask the questions, but I just want people to realize the other side of the coin as well.

I do not understand why the FBI would need to look at the video and cause such a delay; are we talking about videos from the shops or something else? I thought LE said they had heaps of video but none of it was helpful.

and am I correct that Kjac was told they "may never get to it"?

Odd...

JMO

Right on all accounts.
Whatever their silence is, means something to them, for whatever reason.....IMOO.
Maybe they are now looking at video from people that live in the nearby community?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member