CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too, have wondered along this line. Did something happen very suddenly that left her despondent to the point of suicide? Did she not want her body to be found by family so she left her car and wallet and harmed herself elsewhere?

This sort of (in a small way) reminds of me a case in Florida - her name I believe, IIRC was Claudia Murphy. She was married and was also to be moving out of state within weeks of going missing so life seemed well and exciting. Her car was found in a parking lot and I believe her purse was left behind however; the difference was that she was seen on county bus surveillance. For weeks, people speculated that her husband had harmed her or that she met with foul play, or that she harmed herself -

Months later her body was found in a park. I'm still not certain as to the why's but it appears that she did take her own life or had some abnormal medical crisis that causes the strange behavior of taking off and dying in the elements.

Never posted on this thread before but reading daily... :seeya:

The strange thing with Susan's case is, Susan has Not been found on Video anywhere. It's as if she never arrived at the shopping center....but her car did.

There has to be an explanation for Susan's disappearance, but the clues are pretty non-existent from the public's point of view. Not seen on surveillance, not seen by neighbors priorto her disappearance; did any of the clerks at Raley's remember seeing her? It is as if this case was dropped by LE without explanation. Perhaps not having Susan on video did it for LE?

I feel outraged that this disappearance has apparently been left at the wayside. Susan deserves so much better than this.

Neighbors probably prefer to think she chose to disappear so they don't have to worry about her, i.e themselves.

That could be. But, if any neighbors voiced this to LE, and they backed it up with anecdotes, I wonder if it would color LE's investigation ?

As to Susan not being seen on video : she may have been parked out of camera range, and could have been grabbed as she exited her vehicle, before she ever got near the store...jmo

Do we know for sure that LE did not see her on video at all?

I am asking because they do not seem, IMO, to be focusing on her husband, if he has never been asked to take a polygraph, so,this makes me think maybe LE does have an image of her, just not one helpful in determining what happened to her. I remember they said they had a lot of video but that it was not helpful, paraphrasing.

That could be. But, if any neighbors voiced this to LE, and they backed it up with anecdotes, I wonder if it would color LE's investigation ?

As to Susan not being seen on video : she may have been parked out of camera range, and could have been grabbed as she exited her vehicle, before she ever got near the store...jmo

But yet if she was grabbed as she got out of her vehicle, the perp then had plenty of time in broad daylight to go through her purse that was left in the car,
take her wallet, leave the car unlocked, all the while subduing Susan so that she would not yell, speak, honk the horn, throw a hissy fit in the parking lot.
The more I think about this scenerio, the more I think it is less likely it happened. As one poster commented, during that time of the morning, the parking lot would have people in it, in addition to kids that go to the nearby school. etc.
PLUS, LE won't even release details about the car, not even to the family. So, why not?
IMOO.

Do we know for sure that LE did not see her on video at all?

I am asking because they do not seem, IMO, to be focusing on her husband, if he has never been asked to take a polygraph, so,this makes me think maybe LE does have an image of her, just not one helpful in determining what happened to her. I remember they said they had a lot of video but that it was not helpful, paraphrasing.

But if that is the case, why won't LE say they have video of her? Even if it is not a helpful video? Then that would atleast prove she made it to the shopping center......... And nobody knows if LE is focused on the husband or not.
IMOO.

I wonder if twenty random people in this Raley's were asked what they know about her disappearance...How many would even know it had happened? Are there plenty of fliers at the store?

And five miles away...I'd guess the number would be lower.

I never fail to be surprised when people don't know about things happening locally, even though you would think I would realize by now that not everyone is a WS'er.

I wonder if twenty random people in this Raley's were asked what they know about her disappearance...How many would even know it had happened? Are there plenty of fliers at the store?

I never fail to be surprised when people don't know about things happening locally, even though you would think I would realize by now that not everyone is a WS'er.

I can't comment on any flyers or posters in the Raleys itself, but I can comment on friends and family who live very near there (under 5 miles away), and none of them know/knew about it other than from me bringing it up. When I bring it back up I typically get "Oh they didn't find her yet?" It's so frustrating!

I can't comment on any flyers or posters in the Raleys itself, but I can comment on friends and family who live very near there (under 5 miles away), and none of them know/knew about it other than from me bringing it up. When I bring it back up I typically get "Oh they didn't find her yet?" It's so frustrating!

I wonder why that is? I thought Susan's family was her voice?
Because certainly if LE isn't her voice, who would be??
Color Me Confused Will Ya.

I wonder why that is? I thought Susan's family was her voice?
Because certainly if LE isn't her voice, who would be??
Color Me Confused Will Ya.

I think nikb is referring to NIKB's family, not SJ's family. HTH

My comment means, that I don't understand why not even 5 miles away, Susan has not been heard about, which means, that Susan's family has not been posting flyers 5 miles away, Susan's family has not had any current searches.
Susan's family is Susan's Voice and there is almost utter silence.
Susan's family Is her Voice, and but it is a peep.BARELY HEARD.
This case is FRUSTRATING.
Good night All!
IMOO!

OH! Thank you for clarifying - I get it now. Excuse my misunderstanding. Back on track.

Yes, my family - sorry I didn't word that well! I don't know SJ's family other than what we all know from here and interviews/MSM links.

It still blows me away that my friends and family who live so close to all this know nothing about it other than when I bring it up though.

Your post sparked another thought. BBM - instead of just random people, I'm so curious if you asked 20 baggers/clerks/stockers if they're even aware of her being missing. I have a guess... but I'd be interested to find out for sure.

I'm too sick today/tonight to do it, but if I'm feeling better tomorrow I'm going to take a little trip over to the Raley's store and the shopping center to see what's there in terms of flyers. I've been to a number of businesses in that general area and haven't seen a flyer yet, but I haven't looked specifically at that Raley's or other stores in the shopping center. I'd like to see if they have anything up. Maybe I'll be a pest and ask the store employees if they've heard about her, too. Is there anywhere else any WS posters would like me to go? Depends on me feeling ok (ugh, gotta love chronic stomach issues), but I really want to do this. Maybe I'll sneak by the state fair on my way and put up some flyers before it opens too (kidding...sort of).

I know I mentioned it before, but around this time last year Linnea Lomax was missing from the Sacramento area - she's the one who brought me to WS. Her posters were ALL over the place. It's like it wasn't even a question if the posters were allowed. I even saw one of Linnea's posters taped to a cash register at a restaurant that didn't look like it "allowed" posters. I have yet to see a flyer of Susan other than on here, and on Facebook/Patch news. I don't get it!

Treelights I'm with you, it's so frustrating and confusing! I'm glad to see you still posting though.

The facebook page posted an hour ago:

https://www.facebook.com/SJmissing?ref=br_tf
I will be in Roseville in the AM tomorrow (Tues) - if anyone wants any flyers to post around their neighborhood or work, etc., let me know and I will drop them off. Kjac229@gmail.com Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I've had a hard time figuring out exactly what's meant by "where" and "when," but if anyone has more details I'd love to hear them. Hoping to feel well enough to go in the morning.

The strange thing with Susan's case is, Susan has Not been found on Video anywhere. It's as if she never arrived at the shopping center....but her car did.

Hmm.. I'm just thinking out loud tonight in between bouts of feeling awful so I'm not sure if this will make sense, but do we even know for sure her car arrived at the shopping center? I recall seeing a note that she was never seen... seems like she'd stand out on camera given her height. She's not "average" height or weight wise. She didn't stand out on camera?

Hmm.. I'm just thinking out loud tonight in between bouts of feeling awful so I'm not sure if this will make sense, but do we even know for sure her car arrived at the shopping center? I recall seeing a note that she was never seen... seems like she'd stand out on camera given her height. She's not "average" height or weight wise. She didn't stand out on camera?

Yes, her car was found by the Police in the shopping center parking lot, but Law Enforcement won't tell the family where it was parked, nor specifics about her car, other than it was found in the parking lot, unlocked, with her purse in the vehicle.

Thanks for posting this. I've had a hard time figuring out exactly what's meant by "where" and "when," but if anyone has more details I'd love to hear them. Hoping to feel well enough to go in the morning.

This is great, but has the family posted flyers around the city? If they are hoping others will do it for them and there aren't many people showing up to take the flyers, then Again Little Exposure for Susan.

I hope you feel better nikb. :) Take good care of yourself, and thanks for all you have done and plan to do in Susan's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75