CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if there are flyers in the shopping center stores and surrounding area. A couple months have now passed and I wonder what shape the flyers are in, if there are any, and if they need to be replaced with new flyers of Susan.

As a grandmother who was present for the birth of 3 of my grandchildren, and my one great grandchild, I'm sadden that Susan wasn't able to be there for this miraculous event.

I'm wondering if the silence in this case means LE is on top of it and knows what happened??? Otherwise, they should be pleading with the public for information and keeping her disappearance in the news.

I'm scratching my head about there not being flyers out there everywhere about Susan's disappearance.

I hope Susan is found soon so she can see her new grandbaby.

Yes -- and as someone who distinctly remembers the bond she had with her beloved grandmother for as far back as she can remember, it will be heartbreaking if Susan isn't home soon to start establishing that bond with her granddaughter.

I'm thinking the same thing you are with regard to the silence. Is it just that there's no media interest, or is media interest being met with "no comment right now" from the Roseville Police Dept? I wish I knew someone in the media well enough to ask them to ask and let me know how the RPD's information officer responded.

Hi all! I am a new member on WS and a long time resident of Roseville. I have been following Susan Jacobson's case since she went missing. I can't get past how little attention the whole thing is getting. The silence is maddening. More awareness is absolutely needed and it's the public that has to make it happen. I am bothered by the fact that I have not seen a single flyer. They should be everywhere, right? It would be nice if the entire greater Sacramento area was wallpapered with them. There have been several great ideas others have posted here. I would gladly participate in any of them if someone familiar with the logistics could get the ball rolling.

I think about Susan and the whole Jacobson family a lot each and every day. In some ways Susan reminds me of my mom, which may be part of why this case disturbs me so much. Also, I can't accept that a member of our community has been missing for this long, and it's still a complete mystery.

Welcome! I'm a lifelong resident of the unincorporated corner of Northwest Sacramento County -- very close to the Placer County line. I'm familiar with Roseville and do what little shopping I do at the Galleria, etc.

I know exactly how you feel (though Susan actually reminds me more of me than my mother).

I can't believe that a woman can just seemingly disappear into thin air and her community seems to just take it in stride and -- not to get political here -- appears more interested in what future draft picks the Kings are getting for Tyreke Evans.....JMOO (and no offense to Kings fans).

I hope our keeping Susan in our consciousness leads to a positive resolution.....and soon.

Here is a link to Susan's facebook page that Kjac posted awhile back.

Something I noticed on the FB page -- an attorney asks if anyone knows if Susan belonged to a gym or was inquiring about joining. Kjac responds (no) and the attorney replies, "Did she ever inquired about joining a gym? I realize this may sound strange, but it's important."

Anyone have any idea what that's about?

Something I noticed on the FB page -- an attorney asks if anyone knows if Susan belonged to a gym or was inquiring about joining. Kjac responds (no) and the attorney replies, "Did she ever inquired about joining a gym? I realize this may sound strange, but it's important."

Yeah I noticed that too a little while back, you just reminded me about it. When I saw it I mulled over it but couldn't think of a reason for the question.

I mentioned before that I live in Elk Grove but grew up in Wheatland and worked in Roseville from the age of 16-22. I have family all through the area (Lincoln/Roseville) and nobody I have spoken with has heard of this disappearance. There seem to be a lot of us from the nearby area on this board. Perhaps we should form a plan and try to do something to make the community more aware. I'm happy to donate my time and anything else that can help bring Susan home.

If she had a gym membership then she could shower there??
Also, I suppose it depends on the gym but if it was a franchise, perhaps that membership
would be good in different states...like perhaps Golds Gym(I am not sure though), maybe that membership could be used
where ever there is a Gold's Gym and she could use the showering facilities, if in fact she just walked away??? IMOO.

My in-laws live in a retirement town and it would be the talk of the whole place if a woman vanished from the supermarket. I doubt they would talk about anything else.

Perhaps the person inquiring on the Facebook page about whether Susan would have been interested in joining a gym is aware of some other nefarious activity (scams or a scheme to take advantage of older adults?) involving person/s related to a gym or fitness group?

Maybe they did not explain the reasoning behind the question because they did not feel that they could divulge the information? IDK, interesting.

Hi all! I am a new member on WS and a long time resident of Roseville. I have been following Susan Jacobson's case since she went missing. I can't get past how little attention the whole thing is getting. The silence is maddening. More awareness is absolutely needed and it's the public that has to make it happen. I am bothered by the fact that I have not seen a single flyer. They should be everywhere, right? It would be nice if the entire greater Sacramento area was wallpapered with them. There have been several great ideas others have posted here. I would gladly participate in any of them if someone familiar with the logistics could get the ball rolling.

I think about Susan and the whole Jacobson family a lot each and every day. In some ways Susan reminds me of my mom, which may be part of why this case disturbs me so much. Also, I can't accept that a member of our community has been missing for this long, and it's still a complete mystery.

:wagon: SB3! :welcome:

By the way... Are you related to R2D2?

(Just Kidding.... :sunshine:)

:seeya:

This is very interesting...

IMO... If indeed Susan did belong to a gym... Or was inquiring to do so... Indicates she may have been "branching" out... And attempting some independence?

just some thoughts...

If she had a gym membership then she could shower there??
Also, I suppose it depends on the gym but if it was a franchise, perhaps that membership
would be good in different states...like perhaps Golds Gym(I am not sure though), maybe that membership could be used
where ever there is a Gold's Gym and she could use the showering facilities, if in fact she just walked away??? IMOO.

Thank you -- Good point!

That would explain why the questioner asked if she'd even enquired about joining a gym. It would indicate she was thinking of how she could take care of herself after she left and possibly devising a plan.

(I still don't think she left voluntarily).

Perhaps the person inquiring on the Facebook page about whether Susan would have been interested in joining a gym is aware of some other nefarious activity (scams or a scheme to take advantage of older adults?) involving person/s related to a gym or fitness group?

Maybe they did not explain the reasoning behind the question because they did not feel that they could divulge the information? IDK, interesting.

That was my first thought too. Then I read was Treelights' post, and thought it could be that, also.

Thank you -- Good point!

That would explain why the questioner asked if she'd even enquired about joining a gym. It would indicate she was thinking of how she could take care of herself after she left and possibly devising a plan.

(I still don't think she left voluntarily).

I agree, too, that I don't think she left voluntarily.

The shower thing reminded me about this guy that I read about, that owed a lot of money on his student loan, so he slept in his car, in the parking lot to the college, to save money to pay off his college debt, and he used the college gym facilities to take a shower. I think he's writing a book about this now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/e...t-at-duke-university.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"For showers, I’d buy a cheap campus gym membership."

I agree, too, that I don't think she left voluntarily.

The shower thing reminded me about this guy that I read about, that owed a lot of money on his student loan, so he slept in his car, in the parking lot to the college, to save money to pay off his college debt, and he used the college gym facilities to take a shower. I think he's writing a book about this now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/e...t-at-duke-university.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"For showers, I’d buy a cheap campus gym membership."

Interesting. That line of thinking brought "Gone Girl" to mind. I definitely don't think Susan would do that. (For anyone who hasn't read "Gone Girl" -- Spoiler alert -- it's about a woman who goes missing and frames her husband for her disappearance.)

Interesting. That line of thinking brought "Gone Girl" to mind. I definitely don't think Susan would do that. (For anyone who hasn't read "Gone Girl" -- Spoiler alert -- it's about a woman who goes missing and frames her husband for her disappearance.)

OT-- bright_shadow, I have been wanting a new book to read on the Kindle and you just gave me one! ;) just downloaded it!

If Susan were planning to shower at a gym or gym chain for a long period of time (if it was a short period of time, I personally wouldn't be super concerned about the shower issue), then that would imply that she would not be staying anywhere with plumbing. She also does not have her car with her. So this line of thought would require Susan to be very resourceful, and have the wherewithal to really live in quite a rugged way, I believe.

I just can't picture that from what we know about Susan's personality.

If she DID leave on her own, then I would imagine her suffering from some type of illness. It has crossed my mind that she could have found out that she was terminally ill and chosen to leave her loved ones behind rather than have them watch her suffer. But every time I go down that path, it feels like something out of a movie.

Shoot, I haven't heard anything back yet in terms of media, state fair publicity, or Tuesday Night cruise publicity. I didn't try Kjac privately, assume he's probably pretty preoccupied w/the new baby.

I did hear back from my own friends/family that they didn't see any flyers at work or when out shopping . :( Also heard back from one friend who finished his training and joined Roseville PD last week. I'll be bugging him to keep her face and photo in mind and find out what he might hear.

I'm glad to print and hand out flyers next Tuesday, but I feel iffy about it with no LE or family "endorsement." Anyone else having any luck?

I have several thoughts and observations that I have been meaning to share, but have been away. Please excuse the lack of organization.

I think this is the first case I have followed in a while where we had so little insight into the personality of the missing person. I believe that the lack of social media presence is one major contributing factor. We have been spoiled in some respects by having the facebook accounts, twitter, instagram, etc., of most missing people. So much information can be gleaned from these sources, and it is frustrating to have no sense of Susan's personality. We have a few basic facts, but no idea of what she was really like.
We know she was quiet and kept to herself, although she had a close relationship with her sister and her son.
We know she was retired, and would walk her dog frequently.
We have no photos of Susan with anyone other than her dog, and apparently she did not like to have her picture taken.
Susan was not computer savvy according to her son, and did not use or carry a cell phone.
She was particular about her habits and apparently cautious about her belongings, as Kjac has told us that she would never have left her purse in an unlocked vehicle, and she would never carry her wallet without her purse.
She carried her purse in the diagonal fashion, something I do when I am somewhat uncertain about my surroundings or the possibility of someone trying to snatch it from me.( Although this could simply be a function of keeping the purse on without having to constantly readjust it on her shoulder).
Susan is an early riser, and although she did not work, she was up and doing chores before her husband left for work in the morning.

What did Susan do with her time between the early part of the day and the time her husband came home? Does she have certain T.V. shows she likes to watch? Does she sew or do other crafts?

I feel awkward even raising these questions because truly it is none of my business. For whatever reason, I think that getting to know a little more about Susan may help to figure out what happened to her.

I noticed in the initial press releases that Susan was thought to have been wearing a visor when she left the house. I saw a photo of her wearing a visor, although I am not sure if it was the same visor or not. That detail seems to be something that could be very helpful in jogging the memories of potential witnesses. Visors are not all that common, and it is much easier to remember a woman wearing a visor than a woman with brown hair.

I also noticed that there are property records in Sacramento county, Clark County, Nevada, and Placer county for Susan and her husband. I am somewhat uncomfortable admitting the amount of effort and level of intrusive research I have conducted, but my goal was just to see if there were any possible places Susan might have gone. I am not certain but it appeared that Susan and her husband were involved with more than one property in Placer county in recent years, but as the apn was not indicated on all the entries, I am not 100% certain. I also noted a number of property records in Nevada and in Sacramento.

After hearing the details of the case I had a notion that Susan may have been in a subordinate position in the marriage and would likely not appear on the property records. I was wrong. She is on all of the records that I found with her husband. I could not figure out why she would be retired while her husband still worked, given the fact that she was younger.

On one of the news pieces, they interview(brief) a friend of the Jacobson's who had been participating in the search. He said he had known Chris for 20 years( or something along those lines) and had met "Sue" several times. That seemed to indicate that either Susan did not interact frequently with her husband's friends or that this man was primarily a work friend. To further complicate matters, referring to her as "Sue", made me think that he was past formalities in his interactions with Susan.

Regarding the flyer situation and publicity, I have a sense that the nature of the circumstances have created a conflicted strategy in trying to find her. From her family's standpoint she was either abducted or she left on her own. Although Kjac has been emphatic in expressing his doubt about the second possibility having occurred, there is a chance that she did leave voluntarily. Since Susan appears to be a very private person, perhaps there is some hesitancy on the family's part to plaster the town with flyers on the off chance that she may have left on her own.

I know Kjac has stated that his parents had a solid marriage and never showed any signs of problems. I know that sometimes kids are oblivious to problems in a relationship until their parents inform them that a divorce is imminent. When a child goes to college and starts their own life, the visits with the folks can sometimes be limited to the major holidays. ( I am not saying this is the case here by any means, just trying to make a point). My mother is somewhat co-dependent, so my brother and I speak to her almost every day. I am just curious if Kjac spoke to his mother often, and were the conversations with mom, or like the conversations I used to have with my grandparents where they would each pick up a separate telephone in the house and take turns asking questions and talking to me?

I hate bringing these questions up in many respects, but I feel like being able to eliminate some of these other possibilities may prompt some more outraged and motivated people to start prodding the Roseville P.D. and media outlets to focus some attention on Susan's disappearance. It breaks my heart to know that one of the most precious moments in Kjac's life, the birth of his daughter, is marred by the incredible anxiety and sadness of his mother's baffling disappearance.

I think about Susan often and I pray in earnest for her to come home.

OT-- bright_shadow, I have been wanting a new book to read on the Kindle and you just gave me one! ;) just downloaded it!

If Susan were planning to shower at a gym or gym chain for a long period of time (if it was a short period of time, I personally wouldn't be super concerned about the shower issue), then that would imply that she would not be staying anywhere with plumbing. She also does not have her car with her. So this line of thought would require Susan to be very resourceful, and have the wherewithal to really live in quite a rugged way, I believe.

I just can't picture that from what we know about Susan's personality.

If she DID leave on her own, then I would imagine her suffering from some type of illness. It has crossed my mind that she could have found out that she was terminally ill and chosen to leave her loved ones behind rather than have them watch her suffer. But every time I go down that path, it feels like something out of a movie.

BBM these are about the only "left on her own" scenarios that seem even plausible for me right now, much's I hate to say it.

Even if she's really resourceful, a lot of options before "showering at the gym" come to mind for me, if she took off just because. Not that the gym thing's a bad idea! It just seems like she has so many other options if she's left by choice.

I have several thoughts and observations that I have been meaning to share, but have been away. Please excuse the lack of organization.

I think this is the first case I have followed in a while where we had so little insight into the personality of the missing person. I believe that the lack of social media presence is one major contributing factor. We have been spoiled in some respects by having the facebook accounts, twitter, instagram, etc., of most missing people. So much information can be gleaned from these sources, and it is frustrating to have no sense of Susan's personality. We have a few basic facts, but no idea of what she was really like.
We know she was quiet and kept to herself, although she had a close relationship with her sister and her son.
We know she was retired, and would walk her dog frequently.
We have no photos of Susan with anyone other than her dog, and apparently she did not like to have her picture taken.
Susan was not computer savvy according to her son, and did not use or carry a cell phone.
She was particular about her habits and apparently cautious about her belongings, as Kjac has told us that she would never have left her purse in an unlocked vehicle, and she would never carry her wallet without her purse.
She carried her purse in the diagonal fashion, something I do when I am somewhat uncertain about my surroundings or the possibility of someone trying to snatch it from me.( Although this could simply be a function of keeping the purse on without having to constantly readjust it on her shoulder).
Susan is an early riser, and although she did not work, she was up and doing chores before her husband left for work in the morning.

What did Susan do with her time between the early part of the day and the time her husband came home? Does she have certain T.V. shows she likes to watch? Does she sew or do other crafts?

I feel awkward even raising these questions because truly it is none of my business. For whatever reason, I think that getting to know a little more about Susan may help to figure out what happened to her.

I noticed in the initial press releases that Susan was thought to have been wearing a visor when she left the house. I saw a photo of her wearing a visor, although I am not sure if it was the same visor or not. That detail seems to be something that could be very helpful in jogging the memories of potential witnesses. Visors are not all that common, and it is much easier to remember a woman wearing a visor than a woman with brown hair.

I also noticed that there are property records in Sacramento county, Clark County, Nevada, and Placer county for Susan and her husband. I am somewhat uncomfortable admitting the amount of effort and level of intrusive research I have conducted, but my goal was just to see if there were any possible places Susan might have gone. I am not certain but it appeared that Susan and her husband were involved with more than one property in Placer county in recent years, but as the apn was not indicated on all the entries, I am not 100% certain. I also noted a number of property records in Nevada and in Sacramento.

After hearing the details of the case I had a notion that Susan may have been in a subordinate position in the marriage and would likely not appear on the property records. I was wrong. She is on all of the records that I found with her husband. I could not figure out why she would be retired while her husband still worked, given the fact that she was younger.

On one of the news pieces, they interview(brief) a friend of the Jacobson's who had been participating in the search. He said he had known Chris for 20 years( or something along those lines) and had met "Sue" several times. That seemed to indicate that either Susan did not interact frequently with her husband's friends or that this man was primarily a work friend. To further complicate matters, referring to her as "Sue", made me think that he was past formalities in his interactions with Susan.

Regarding the flyer situation and publicity, I have a sense that the nature of the circumstances have created a conflicted strategy in trying to find her. From her family's standpoint she was either abducted or she left on her own. Although Kjac has been emphatic in expressing his doubt about the second possibility having occurred, there is a chance that she did leave voluntarily. Since Susan appears to be a very private person, perhaps there is some hesitancy on the family's part to plaster the town with flyers on the off chance that she may have left on her own.

I know Kjac has stated that his parents had a solid marriage and never showed any signs of problems. I know that sometimes kids are oblivious to problems in a relationship until their parents inform them that a divorce is imminent. When a child goes to college and starts their own life, the visits with the folks can sometimes be limited to the major holidays. ( I am not saying this is the case here by any means, just trying to make a point). My mother is somewhat co-dependent, so my brother and I speak to her almost every day. I am just curious if Kjac spoke to his mother often, and were the conversations with mom, or like the conversations I used to have with my grandparents where they would each pick up a separate telephone in the house and take turns asking questions and talking to me?

I hate bringing these questions up in many respects, but I feel like being able to eliminate some of these other possibilities may prompt some more outraged and motivated people to start prodding the Roseville P.D. and media outlets to focus some attention on Susan's disappearance. It breaks my heart to know that one of the most precious moments in Kjac's life, the birth of his daughter, is marred by the incredible anxiety and sadness of his mother's baffling disappearance.

I think about Susan often and I pray in earnest for her to come home.

Oh man I had a reply typed up and just lost it. I'll try to find it but I wanted to mostly say thank you, and thanks for not being afraid to ask these questions. Hoping to find some way to do more. I've got my 'feelers' out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx