GUILTY CA - Teresa Broudreaux, 20, pregnant, murdered, Palos Verdes Estates, 4 March 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I tried googling this trial, but just coming up with old articles - 2018 & 2017.

Anyone local - @Gardener1850 - I see you here - anything you can find?

The court site next is April 15th Jury Trial. So don't know what's going on - jury selected?

TIA! If someone finds something! :)

Well I tried googling this trial, but just coming up with old articles - 2018 & 2017.

Anyone local - @Gardener1850 - I see you here - anything you can find?

The court site next is April 15th Jury Trial. So don't know what's going on - jury selected?

TIA! If someone finds something! :)

I can not find anything recent @Niner
Thank you for looking and keeping up with the court records.

Friday, April 12th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 10:30am PT) – CA – Teresa Broudreaux (20) pregnant (Mar. 4, 1980, Palos Verde Estate) – *Robert Allen Yniguez (65/37 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (9/30/17) & arraigned (8/29/18) with 1st degree murder.
DNA familial match.
Trial is scheduled for 4/9 for jury selection & trial starts 4/15.

4/9/19 Update: No info yet. Jury selection? 4/10 Update: no info.
4/11/19 Day 3: Court site says “Jury Trial in Progress”. Trial continues on 4/12.

Monday, April 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 10:30am PT) – CA – Teresa Broudreaux (20) pregnant (Mar. 4, 1980, Palos Verde Estate) – *Robert Allen Yniguez (65/37 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (9/30/17) & arraigned (8/29/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial match.
Trial is scheduled for 4/11 for jury selection & trial starts 4/12.

4/11/19 Day 1: No info yet. Jury selection.
4/12 Day 2: no info. Trial continues to 4/15.

I spent more time than I care to admit trying to find a status on this last night.

They are still selecting a jury, trial will likely begin tomorrow the 16th.

No link yet, working on that so consider it rumor for now.

Thank you MsFacetious! If you find out about jurors - men vs women - I'd liked to put that in my notes! TIA!

Tuesday, April 16th:
*Jury Trial set to begin (Day 1) (@ 10:30am PT) – CA – Teresa Broudreaux (20) pregnant (Mar. 4, 1980, Palos Verde Estate) – *Robert Allen Yniguez (65/37 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (9/30/17) & arraigned (8/29/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial match.
Trial is scheduled for 4/11 for jury selection & trial starts 4/16.

4/11/19 Day 1 to Day 3: Jury selection. Trial starts 4/16.

You aren't gonna like it....

They didn't even finish jury selection and something happened yesterday and they scrapped it. Next hearing is April 29, trial maybe in the summer.

It's not showing up on the LASC case site yet, they haven't added anything for today yet.

That's just crazy.... I wonder what happened?

LOL! No I don't like it.... :)

But thanks for the update. I too wonder "what" happened.... Hopefully we shall find out soon.
Doesn't look like this is a "popular" case. And no tweeters....

@MsFacetious - did you find out "what" happened in this case?

TIA! :)

and a late Happy Easter to you!
animated-smileys-easter-002.gif

Monday, April 29th:
*Status Hearing (@ am PT) – CA – Teresa Broudreaux (20) pregnant (Mar. 4, 1980, Palos Verde Estate) – *Robert Allen Yniguez (65/37 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (9/30/17) & arraigned (8/29/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial match.
Trial is scheduled for 4/11 for jury selection & trial starts 4/16. 4/11/19: Trial was cancelled, no reason why. Next hearing is scheduled for 4/29.

Bumping for @MsFacetious - It's been awhile - anything new? I don't find anything "new" on the court site - ?!

TIA!

Was the 4/29 hearing held?
I've seen no updates after trial being cancelled.

@MsFacetious - sorry didn't mean to bother you - I see that I can get into the court site - and this is what they have:

Last entry:

April 15, 2019 01:30 PM Torrance Courthouse SWG JURY TRIAL IN PROGRESS

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

So not sure what's going on with this case. And I'm wondering "where" I got that 4/29 date?! LOL!

No google shows anything....

Ah Ha! @MsFacetious - see bolded paragraph!

Sex offender accused of rape and murder in 1980s cold case pleads not guilty

Jun 18, 2019
A San Pedro man facing a capital murder charge in the 1980 cold case slaying of a pregnant woman pleaded not guilty Monday.
[.....]
Yniguez, who served time in prison after a rape conviction in the 1980s, is facing one count of murder with the special circumstance allegation of murder during the commission of a rape. The charge makes him eligible for the death penalty.
[.....]
Monday’s arraignment in Torrance Superior Court came after the original case, filed in October 2017, was dismissed in April as the prosecution requested more time to secure a witness. The case was refiled shortly after. Yniguez is scheduled to return to court July 22.
[.....]
Authorities said in 2017 that DNA originally collected at the scene paired with new DNA technology developed years later led to an arrest in the case that had been filed as “unsolved.”

Looks like I'm going to need a new case # on this case - the one I have YA096953 has been dismissed.

All I can think of to call on is @gitana1 - can you please look this up for me? TIA! :)

Looks like I'm going to need a new case # on this case - the one I have YA096953 has been dismissed.

All I can think of to call on is @gitana1 - can you please look this up for me? TIA! :)

I need detail. Name at least. I don;t want to search through the thread to figure it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back