GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been warning that things like this will start happening because of the release of prisoners due to the over crowding, because our chicken xxxx lawmakers won't approve any new jail facilities.
Thank goodness this little one was found alive.
The next one(s) may not be as lucky. Arrrrgh

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-31-08-31-25

Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, was identified by police on Saturday as a suspect in the case but they couldn't elaborate on the motive or what led them to him.

I disagree. My ex husband was a good man and father before he was introduced to coke and crack....and like others here have suggested I believe he began abusing due to untreated ADD. A few years after our divorce he was so wrapped up in his addiction and obviously not attractive to "normal" women he began dating younger and younger women and eventually started preying on teenage girls because he could manipulate them. I had the mother of one of these girls contact me to tell me what was going on. I turned him in. They did nothing because the parents were friends of the family and would not cooperate and there was no physical contact. He eventually left the state and is now clean and sober and lives with tremendous guilt and shame. Drugs like crack and meth are powerful and literally eat your brain. Its an ugly ugly thing.

I totally agree with you that those drugs are very ugly and people are more likely to do things on drugs that they wouldn't do sober but in this case, this guy abducted/kidnapped and abused a prepubescent child. I think that's taking it to a totally different level of deviance. It also sounds like he may have done something similar once before and got a slap on the wrist for it.

I think this goes way beyond drug abuse, if there was any at all in this case.

Northridge kidnapping suspect's car seized in Woodland Hills

Los Angeles police officers arrived to a Woodland Hills residential neighborhood to confiscate a red Pontiac registered to 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers.

The car was parked in front of a Gilmore Street home known to be one of Summers' last known addresses. Summers also lived in a Reseda townhome with his mother about a year ago.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9047532

New flyer from LAPD with more pics of Tobias Summers

LAPD Communications ‏@911LAPD 53m
Sexual Assault Suspect 'Tobias Dustin Summers' Wanted for Kidnapping 10yr old Northridge girl #LAPD… http://instagram.com/p/Xix0TRA3xH/

I have been gone all weekend. Can someone recap for me? No gangs? No sex offender status? Is that correct? Saw his pic and sheet.

Tony Bell @TonyBell5000
Communications Deputy for Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich
Los Angeles County · antonovich.com

Tony Bell ‏@TonyBell5000 54m
Supervisor Antonovich says Northridge kidnapping suspect proves that Governor's realignment is a serious public safety threat.

Tony Bell @TonyBell5000
Communications Deputy for Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich
Los Angeles County · antonovich.com

Tony Bell ‏@TonyBell5000 54m
Supervisor Antonovich says Northridge kidnapping suspect proves that Governor's realignment is a serious public safety threat.

Could be...or it could be that this guy is loose because the states allow sex offenders to get away with a charge that amounts to "tsk tsk tsk," because we as a culture are in serious denial regarding crimes against children. "Child annoyance". *pffft*. It's called molesting. "Annoying" a child doesn't land you in front of a judge. It's time to take these guys seriously because they will, each and every one of them, continue to victimize children.

The girl is in my heart. Prayers for strength and peace in recovery.

I disagree. My ex husband was a good man and father before he was introduced to coke and crack....and like others here have suggested I believe he began abusing due to untreated ADD. A few years after our divorce he was so wrapped up in his addiction and obviously not attractive to "normal" women he began dating younger and younger women and eventually started preying on teenage girls because he could manipulate them. I had the mother of one of these girls contact me to tell me what was going on. I turned him in. They did nothing because the parents were friends of the family and would not cooperate and there was no physical contact. He eventually left the state and is now clean and sober and lives with tremendous guilt and shame. Drugs like crack and meth are powerful and literally eat your brain. Its an ugly ugly thing.

I have several alcoholics and ex drug addicts in my family. So sadly, I'm very aware of what drugs and alcohol can do. I still maintain that if it's not in ya', drugs and alcohol won't bring it out.

People have secret urges all the time, that they hide or are able to keep secret until they either do something like drugs or alcohol that allows them to be free of inhibitions, or something in society occurs that gives them license to be evil. For example, neighbors of my mom and grandparents during WWII in Holland, who seemed like the nicest people before the war, became Nazi sympathizers and turned in their Jewish neighbors, including little, tiny kids, once their country was taken over.

Then there are all those serial killers who know how to hide their true natures, like Dennis Rader, a family man and good church member, or Keith Jesperson, who tucked his daughter in like a burrito each night and enjoyed laughter filled dinners out with his kids.

No, I respect your position and I get what you are saying but I maintain that no amount of drugs or alcohol can make a man attracted to a little, prepubescent girl if he didn't have those disgusting urges to begin with.

ANDREA FUJII ‏@AndreaFujiiTV 7m
Woodland Hills neighbors say Northridge kidnapping suspect may have lived in area home where his vehicle was searched by police.

Could be...or it could be that this guy is loose because the states allow sex offenders to get away with a charge that amounts to "tsk tsk tsk," because we as a culture are in serious denial regarding crimes against children. "Child annoyance". *pffft*. It's called molesting. "Annoying" a child doesn't land you in front of a judge. It's time to take these guys seriously because they will, each and every one of them, continue to victimize children.

Well actually, California may be stiffer than other states which may not classify the behavior under the CA child annoyance statute as a sexual crime against a child.

There are other sex crimes in other states, however, that may be similar - I haven't looked closely though - like penetration of the mouth of a child with lascivious intent, child molestation, unlawful contact, sexual battery, etc., depending on the state.

But really, what I skimmed shows that this CA law is taking behaviors that may not be prosecuted by more than a simple battery charge and makes it more heinous: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-P8huOHPWy7TQVQpWCM-wxQ&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE

In CA, a simple battery carries a sentence of no more than 6 months and no sex crime registration.

I just don;t understand why this guy was not forced to be part of the registry. Must have been a plea deal thing. We are lucky the little girl wasn't killed, IMO.

seriously. is it denial, or a total devaluing of women & children?

Does anyone think it could have been a father/son team? I mean, the son could pass for 18, especially to a 10 yo.

Well actually, California may be stiffer than other states which may not classify the behavior under the CA child annoyance statute as a sexual crime against a child.

There are other sex crimes in other states, however, that may be similar - I haven't looked closely though - like penetration of the mouth of a child with lascivious intent, child molestation, unlawful contact, sexual battery, etc., depending on the state.

But really, what I skimmed shows that this CA law is taking behaviors that may not be prosecuted by more than a simple battery charge and makes it more heinous: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-P8huOHPWy7TQVQpWCM-wxQ&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE

In CA, a simple battery carries a sentence of no more than 6 months and no sex crime registration.

I just don;t understand why this guy was not forced to be part of the registry. Must have been a plea deal thing. We are lucky the little girl wasn't killed, IMO.

so lucky. I thought even if you pee in public you get on the SO registry. How can battery or annoying not get you on it?:furious:

I think I scared myself reading back bc so much of what we said was spot on. Wow!

& this Tobias cat scoping out the college gals the way he was just isn't even normal. He had to of lied all over his FB & other social media!

What do you mean they're only looking for one? It's not two anymore?

personally, I think it's still 2 but one is a minor. once they find TS, they'll find #2.

One sec, its bugging me. Gitana you have to know what I'm referring to. I forget. Some kind of bill being pushed through to ease overcrowding. Dangerous to play games like that with hardened criminals - keep their azzes in jail & maybe it'll curb this crap!

one paper stated that the bill to ease overcrowding is how he got out - temporarily I guess it was supposed to be, and on probation. I'm sure the pot heads are still in jail, but hey, let the pedophiles go free.

I was flabbergasted to find out that "child annoyance" is sex crime! I thought it would be taking a neighbor child's toy or using a vulgar word like "fart" around them. I'm infuriated that it seems to be a way to "pretty up" a sex crime on a person's record. People need to know clearly if someone has been convicted of a sex crime, so they can protect their children from him or her! :furious:

Here's a descriptive example of "child annoyance" from an attorney site

Penal Code § 647.6
Kissing, touching, tickling or playfully flirting with a beautiful girl is not against the law—unless that girl is under the age of 18 and you are not. This type of behavior is considered “molesting or annoying a minor”—and it is considered a very serious offense. Since it is classified as a sex crime, anyone who is convicted of molesting a minor—even first time offenders—can spend years in prison and be forced to register as a sex offender for life.

http://www.ahmedandsukaram.com/PracticeAreas/Annoying-or-Molesting-a-Minor.asp

thank you for that. and if that prior kidnapping was part of the annoyance charge, HOW could they let him out? He so easily could have killed her.

They said they're just looking for TS right now. No explanation. Didn't say they're still looking for another suspect. Didn't say they're not still looking for a 2nd. Just left everybody (including reporters) hanging. It was weird. I guess we just have to wait for them to clarify. I wouldn't be surprised if TS "pretended" to be younger. I have a feeling he liked to do that, such as the birth date on his FB or MS that makes him appear to be younger than he is. I'm wondering if at times he would "pretend" to be his teenage son, use his I.D., etc.

IMO

OR, teenage son is involved.

so lucky. I thought even if you pee in public you get on the SO registry. How can battery or annoying not get you on it?:furious:

BBM: There are people that advocate to abolish the sex offender registry. They will come in droves and post in comments of news articles that have anything to do with sex offenders. They are pretty easy to spot, once you know who they are. There are several misconceptions that they preach.

One is "peeing in public." In my state that would fall under a different statute not related to a sex offense. I don't know all the state statutes so I can't say that you aren't put on the registry in another state for this. It just sounds ridiculous. They will also say that most people on the registry are Romeo & Juliet offenders which is total BS. There are quite a few more. I usually call them out when I see them posting and they go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member