Deceased/Not Found CA - Tom, 57, & Jackie Hawks, 47, Newport Beach, 14 Nov 2004 *Four guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sorry...but they should have been euthanized a long time ago. i have no patience for subhumans like this. why are they still breathing...???

Tom and Jackie's sons have done an excellent job on the website. It has alot of loving remembrances. (Actually, Tom already had the boys when he married Jackie but they loved her as a mother)

Tom and Jackie's sons have done an excellent job on the website. It has alot of loving remembrances. (Actually, Tom already had the boys when he married Jackie but they loved her as a mother)

I'm reading the website now. The boys have done an excellent job.

This is posted on the website.
In the end, police say the Hawkses were killed for $3,800 taken from the boat.

2 people tortured and murdered for 3,800.00. unbelievable

I'm reading the website now. The boys have done an excellent job.

This is posted on the website.

2 people tortured and murdered for 3,800.00. unbelievable

I know- isn't that gross?!? I can't imagine the terror they felt- especially when they were thrown overboard. :(

so... have they been put to death yet?

I'm with Reb on this. The evidence is clear enough to see that the people apprehended for this crime caused this couple's death. Forget the appeal process, forget the long stay on death row. Let's put them to death now.

We as a society have gotten away with doing the honorable thing. In the days of the old west, you didn't spend years in jail for killing someone. You had a quick trial and then you were hanged. Long ago, if you committed a crime and were found guilty, you were sent where life imprisonment was a death sentence. I'm talking the kind of prison you'd see in the movie "Cool Hand Luke" (Wiping the forehead boss...).

But now, you have almost every luxury when it comes to being in prison. Getting life for killing someone is more often the penalty than death. Even if you do get the death penalty, there's the appeal process that can run for decades. You might be lucky enough to die of old age before having your sentence carried out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... our American society has gotten too lax on punishment on crime. The thought of going to jail scares the hell out of me but obviously not enough for a good portion of our society...

~snip~

Prosecutors say Deleon, a mother of two, helped her husband Skylar Deleon gain the trust of the couple before the killings, helped cover up the murders and lied to investigators.

She could face life in prison without parole.

Her husband could get the death penalty when he goes on trial.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-ocyachtmurders,0,5587766.story?coll=ktla-promo-layout
You know I just cannot stand this story.Everytime I see it or read it or hear it, it makes me sick all over again.
Thanks for the upate..I wish they would sentence her already and then get along to her dh. I wonder what it means "she wasn't ready for sentencing"?

She could face life in prison without parole...
I don't understand why they didn't seek the death penalty for this woman. But for her, the couple may still be alive.

I think her, her husband and the other idiot accomplice should all be put to death. They should have anchors or weights tied around them with their hands and feet bound and tape across their mouth. Then, they should be thrown overboard from the victims' boat. That's a fitting punishment.

Nanandjim,
I couldn't agree more. The woman was just as much as accomplice as the others. She should receive the DP too.

You know I just cannot stand this story.Everytime I see it or read it or hear it, it makes me sick all over again.
Thanks for the upate..I wish they would sentence her already and then get along to her dh. I wonder what it means "she wasn't ready for sentencing"?

Maybe she has more info to offer? Maybe she's trying for a better deal? Who knows? In AR, she'd already be in prison.

Woman Gets Life In Prison For Double Yacht Murder

(CBS) LONG BEACH, Calif. A young Long Beach mother was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole for her role in a plot involving her husband and others to kill a retired couple and steal their 55-foot yacht.

Jennifer Deleon, 26, who now goes by Henderson, was convicted on Nov. 17 of two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the Nov. 15, 2004, slaying of Tom Hawks, 57, a retired probation officer, and his 47-year-old wife, Jackie. A jury also found true the special circumstances of murder for financial gain and multiple murder
This afternoon, Orange County Superior Court Judge Frand Fasel sentenced her to two life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Deleon has two children, ages 3 and 5, and was pregnant with her youngest when the murders occurred.

She was twice offered immunity and an immediate release from jail if she would testify against her husband, Skylar Deleon, and the other defendants, and twice she refused, saying she could never face her children if she turned on their father, whom she is now divorcing.

Her children are now in the custody of her parents.

Deleon showed no emotion when she was sentenced, but became teary eyed earlier when the son of the victims, Ryan Hawks, said he thought her children should be put up for adoption because it would be "best for them not to know who their biological parents were."

Senior Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy later told reporters that by all accounts the children are in a "pretty stable household."

Deleon was tried separately from her husband and three other men.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_278193012.html

This case made me sick from day one. I agree with Ryan Hawks. Let those children be raised by someone else far far away from her clutches. Her children may turn away from her eventually if they really are being raised in a stable environment.

Ugh, they need to rot in the deepest, darkest, hottest corner of hell.

Woman Gets Life In Prison For Double Yacht Murder

(CBS) LONG BEACH, Calif. A young Long Beach mother was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole for her role in a plot involving her husband and others to kill a retired couple and steal their 55-foot yacht.

Jennifer Deleon, 26, who now goes by Henderson, was convicted on Nov. 17 of two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the Nov. 15, 2004, slaying of Tom Hawks, 57, a retired probation officer, and his 47-year-old wife, Jackie. A jury also found true the special circumstances of murder for financial gain and multiple murder
This afternoon, Orange County Superior Court Judge Frand Fasel sentenced her to two life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Deleon has two children, ages 3 and 5, and was pregnant with her youngest when the murders occurred.

She was twice offered immunity and an immediate release from jail if she would testify against her husband, Skylar Deleon, and the other defendants, and twice she refused, saying she could never face her children if she turned on their father, whom she is now divorcing.

Her children are now in the custody of her parents.

Deleon showed no emotion when she was sentenced, but became teary eyed earlier when the son of the victims, Ryan Hawks, said he thought her children should be put up for adoption because it would be "best for them not to know who their biological parents were."

Senior Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy later told reporters that by all accounts the children are in a "pretty stable household."

Deleon was tried separately from her husband and three other men.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_278193012.html

Well, if that doesn't equal stupid, I don't know what does. Couldn't turn on the father, huh? So now she spends the rest of her life in jail, and the only way her children will ever see her is behind a glass partition. Oh well, they're better off without her anyway.

It broke my heart to read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299837,00.html

snip

Machain said the Hawkses were blindfolded and handcuffed after he, Kennedy and Skylar Deleon overpowered them on the open sea.
The victims were then forced to sign and fingerprint documents transferring ownership of the "Well Deserved" to Deleon before being tied to an anchor and pushed overboard, Machain testified. Their bodies have never been found.
Machain testified that Tom Hawks tried to hold his crying wife's hand and comfort her in the moments before they died.

It broke my heart to read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299837,00.html

snip

Machain said the Hawkses were blindfolded and handcuffed after he, Kennedy and Skylar Deleon overpowered them on the open sea.
The victims were then forced to sign and fingerprint documents transferring ownership of the "Well Deserved" to Deleon before being tied to an anchor and pushed overboard, Machain testified. Their bodies have never been found.
Machain testified that Tom Hawks tried to hold his crying wife's hand and comfort her in the moments before they died.
It's one of the reasons I hate this story so much. Hawks did get a kick in before he went down. sick pigs.

He did?!? Good! I hadn't heard that before.
Yes IM. He kicked Skylar right before he went overboard. jackie hit her head and I hope it knocked her out. the whole thing makes me sick.
>>Before being tossed into the ocean, Thomas Hawks kicked Skylar in a last act of defiance, he said.<<

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back