CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dayna, the fact that this case isn't on the forefront in your community and even on a national level is wrong on so many levels. I will NEVER understand why some cases do not get the media and law enforcement attention that they deserve. If any story has a sensational headline it would be this one, good lord. I'm sorry to be so blunt and graphic, but seriously, why is "Pregnant Mom Missing" any more worthy of being the top news story than "Baby Murdered, Hanged With a Noose"????????? No offense to Jessie Davis, I just mean why that case and not Tori and Dean's, why not both? The Potts family connection? Seriously? Who in this country protects people because of their "affluence" anymore? That is the most archaic thing.

I will continue my email campaign and brainstorm as to what else we can do to help you. I am so sorry for all that you are going through, and then to have to deal with a whacko family member on top of it is just more than I can bear for you. Please know that there are sooooooo many of us on here that REALLY DO CARE about you, Tori and Dean and want justice as well. This could be happening to any one of us or any of our families and it is not right. Like another poster said, I hope it can give you some small sense of comfort to know that you come here anytime if you need support and understanding.

Just a question, has anyone put together a YouTube.com video or MySpace page for them yet? We really need to start a MySpace bulletin campaign; doesn't sound like much I know, but trust me, there are over 3 billion people on MySpace. That ground should be covered as well.

There is a MySpace page set up "For Tori and Dean". Steve hosted the news clip announcing the sole suspect's name on YouTube as well. I do wish a number of persistant people could have face to face meetings with the Governor's staff to the point that he starts leaning on the police (privately, publicly, I don't care which) to explain what they have done, and why the case is not closed yet.

ETA: Here is the MySpace page.

I wrote a letter to Gov. Schwartzenager asking him to get involved since local authorities weren't doing anything. I actually received a reply - but it said he prefers to leave such matters to the local authorities.

Who is watching over the local authorities though? The reply was standard, but it just makes me mad.

I think the Attorney General is over LE. Maybe a letter to him would be a good idea. Of course no one wants to get involved. That is the problem in our society. It seems to me that all they would need to hear is that a little baby boy was HANGED WITH A NOOSE :furious: You would think that it would get a lot of reaction. Not so. A lot of us have sent emails to so many shows and they are just ignored. I just don't understand at all. It makes me want to scream and knock heads together. This is a horrible murder of two people. The way the baby was murdered is just the most horrible thing. Where are people's hearts? I can only imagine how frustrated Tori's mom is. This wasn't my daughter and grandson and I just want to tear hair.

Does anyone think anyone will ever help us? We have gone through every legal channel the right way...... I will never understand why Tori & Dean don't matter to those local authorities...They were the loves of our lives.

I don't know Dayna. I am just baffled by this. Does that Potts family really have so much money and power that they can keep this case from going anywhere? Do they have that powerful of connections? I know that happens but it just baffles my mind. I wish I had a magic answer or suggestion but I don't. I think if I were in your shoes and I wasn't getting anywhere with the local detectives then I would go to the Police Chief...face to face. If that didn't work then next would come the Attorney General...face to face. I'm not a quiter and doing nothing would just drive me crazy as would not getting any cooperation. I would probably be getting kicked out of the detectives offices. When you go to those people make sure you document everything that is said. If I got nowhere with the chief or the Attorney General then I would try to get some newspaper to print my story...everything that you have tried...what you were told...why you think the murders are not getting any attention. Maybe a story in the paper would get someone's attention.

I don't know how you can stand this. I would probably be in jail for attacking someone by now. Don't they understand? Are they just letting this case grow cold? Did they find any evidence in the apartment? On the knot of the noose? There has to be something somewhere. That guy isn't that smart.

I wish I could do something to help.

Dayna spends all her waking hours for the last 11mos.. Contacting the DA, police, sending e-mails to the Gov., all media that she thinks might be interested in the horrific crime. The only response she has had was our local channel 8 news. They were present June 16th for the memorial bench celebration at the cemetery. It is as if there is a gag order on this case. NO ONE will touch it. All the help out there is greatly appreciated and sorely needed. We don't even know who has this case, local SDPD or FBI. Why, with the Potts' close ties with our county supervisor Greg Cox and his wife Mayor of Chula Vista (in the Potts' district:cool:) Cheryl Cox you wouldn't want to think there is some connection there, would ya? Just my opinion of course as well as hundreds of others. Guess what they can't keep us all quiet 'cause "There is a storm brewing" and we are growing in numbers. We will all come out someday!!!!No political *advertiser censored* kissing or private "possible land deals" are more important than 2 beautiful young people that were snuffed out so there would not be an illegitimate heir threatening a piece of their pie? JMO again...

I too am "lost" with the lack of progress on this case. It's been posted DNA might not be the link to tie Dennis Potts to this case. Why? He was so disinterested in his son, I find it unlikely he was visiting on a regular basis, say once a week, even supervised, let alone standard visitation of every other weekend and one night per week to dismiss his dna. Do we know, have proof, Dennis was actually in the apartment before the night this occured? Did anyone see him, Tori's roommates or friends? An absent father is an absent father. I've yet to see any proof Dennis was any kind of "father" other than proof via a dna test.

What about the noose ( sorry to be so graphic) no dna on the noose? IF that is the case this was seriously premeditated.

I too would go to the SA for California..... Dayna, I know you are frustrated. WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN. TORI AND DEAN will NEVER be forgotten.

How can Dennis Pott's parents and associates live with themselves to attempt to hide something like this? Talk about lack of humanity...... I couldn't fathom shutting that part of humanity off like a faucet.

There is a saying, without character you have NOTHING, regardless of what you have. Apparently the circle the Potts family travels in fits into this description.

I can't decide if the lack of progress in this case is due to the Potts family connections, or due to incompetence on the part of local LE? Are there any opportunities to write letters to the editors in the local papers, or speak to the Rotary club, or hand out fliers on street corners? What does it cost to rent a billboard? If we all chipped in a few bucks, we could have the case in front of everyone on at least one billboard....???!!!! This case is CONSTANTLY on my mind. When I hear of cases like Kelsey Smith, the Vaughn family, the Haines family, Jessie Davis, etc.....I think to myself "Tori and Dean are next!" Justice MUST be served in this case. The Universe is holding it's breath until that happens.

I just rec'd this email from Dayna (Shadow is having puter probs, so I thought I should post so that we can all join together in lighting of candles and pray for Tori and Dean)

It has been 11 months today without our angels, 11 months that we have not seen their beautiful faces, heard the sounds of her voice, & his laughter, 11 months of silence.....

We need all of you to be "A voice for Tori & Dean"

they cannot speak for themselves, they were silenced 11 months ago today!!!!

There will be a new website dedicated to them that will be up this week, & I will post the link when it is ready.

Please join us in the lighting of 2 white candles between 5:45 p.m. - 8:51 p.m. (pacific time) & pray that we find a way to have justice on earth for them.....for us...& for everyone else who walks in these ugly shoes..no one has a right to murder our children, & no one should be allowed to walk amongst us if they have, as if they didn't do anything wrong....

Please continue to be A Voice For Tori And Dean..
thank you
Roy & Dayna Herroz

You can bet I will be lighting my candles tonight for Tori and Dean.

I'm almost ashamed to call San Diego my home......I will keep praying for strength for Dayna and Roy to keep going, never giveing up, even in the darkest hour, until justice is served.

I will do the same.

I am at a loss for words that this case is still not being publisized the way it should have been 11 months ago. I post on another forum and every time another case comes along - I link to this case as well. Many of those cases have at least had some activity. This one has me absolutely stymied as to why nothing is being reported, let alone anything appears to be happening. I guess they just believe that we will soon forget and drop off of the front burner. Not going to happen Dayna, believe me if we can help it. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. It is long past time that your beautiful daughter Tori and such a darling little boy, your grandson Dean, has justice. Way too long.

Gidgette

These two angels will never be forgotten. Hell is gonna break loose if something doesn't happen soon!! Are hearts have been bleeding too long.

I just rec'd this email from Dayna (Shadow is having puter probs, so I thought I should post so that we can all join together in lighting of candles and pray for Tori and Dean)

It has been 11 months today without our angels, 11 months that we have not seen their beautiful faces, heard the sounds of her voice, & his laughter, 11 months of silence.....

We need all of you to be "A voice for Tori & Dean"

they cannot speak for themselves, they were silenced 11 months ago today!!!!

There will be a new website dedicated to them that will be up this week, & I will post the link when it is ready.

Please join us in the lighting of 2 white candles between 5:45 p.m. - 8:51 p.m. (pacific time) & pray that we find a way to have justice on earth for them.....for us...& for everyone else who walks in these ugly shoes..no one has a right to murder our children, & no one should be allowed to walk amongst us if they have, as if they didn't do anything wrong....

Please continue to be A Voice For Tori And Dean..
thank you
Roy & Dayna Herroz

Thanks for posting this for Dayna christine!

I lit one of my pricey, favorite joss sticks last night. I'm outta candles atm. The incense burns for a goodly while though, and the scent lingers for a day or two as well. Some cultures feel their prayers are carried to Heaven on the smoke of incense too, so I felt it was a fitting substitution.

ETA: This is the scent, the shop I buy it from sells it for more than that per box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans