Deceased/Not Found CA - Trayshawn Harris, 6, & Joshua Greely, 1, San Francisco, 19 Oct 2005 *Mom guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Father of Drowned Kids Speaks:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1241652

~snip~

Taronta Greeley had been hospitalized since Wednesday, after learning his children had been thrown into San Francisco Bay. One at a time, witnesses say, Lashuan Harris stripped her three children — 6-year-old Treyshun Harris, 2-year-old Taronta Greeley, Jr., and 16-month-old Joshoa Greeley — of their clothes and dropped them off a pier.
"I just miss my kids," said Greeley, who has recently left the hospital.

But Greeley harbors no resentment toward their mother, who has been accused of murdering them. Greeley met Harris in 1994 and together they had three sons, but their relationship had since ended

"I knew she didn't mean to do it because I know she's sick," he said. "I just want her to know I'm praying for her and I love her. I forgive her."

~snip~

I'm sorry, but I don't get why all these Dads forgive these women! :slap:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1236433

~snip~

"She told my mama she was gonna feed them to the sharks," said Britney Fitzpatrick, Harris' 16-year-old half-sister.

Harris is charged with three counts of murder. She is being held in a hospital jail ward and is scheduled to be arraigned today.

Harris' sister, Tanisha Harris, said the children's grandmother, who nearly collapsed at the scene, had been worried when her daughter stopped taking her medication and had sought custody of the kids.

"She tried to help and they (social services officials) said 'we can't do nothing' cause it's her kids," said Tanisha Harris.

~snip~

There was a report that one of the bodies was seen this afternoon; the search boats responded, and combed the area, but were unable to locate the body. They don't think the report was valid.

The father of 2 of the children "knew" she was mentally ill and that she was living in a homeless shelter with the kids, yet did nothing??? Even if he didn't think she was capable of harming the kids, did he feel she was a fit mother?

I am not familiar with the SF Bay, but if you were a witness to this wouldn't you try to jump in and grab these babies. Is it even possible. I cannot believe that people stood by and watched. I think my "mother instint" would kick in if I saw a woman standing at the end of a pier and start stripping her children.

Mabel said:
The father of 2 of the children "knew" she was mentally ill and that she was living in a homeless shelter with the kids, yet did nothing??? Even if he didn't think she was capable of harming the kids, did he feel she was a fit mother?
No doubt he's nothing but an opportunistic loser who's never taken any reposibility for anything.....3 kids, still didn't marry her??? yeah, go figure. I say zip his pants up good and tight!!!

It's real easy to "forgive" someone for something they did to someone else!!!!! He wasn't the one struggling in the water............jerk!

Lashuan Harris had been hospitalized and prescribed drugs to quiet the voices inside her head.

Still, legal and mental health experts say it will be difficult to prove the 23-year-old mother was legally insane when she dropped her three young sons to their deaths in San Francisco Bay.

California is one of about 20 states that uses the strictest legal standard for assessing a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. Under the rule, criminal defendants must show not only evidence of mental illness but that they were incapable of determining right from wrong.

"Somebody may be very clearly psychotic and have a history of behaviors that establish the person was ... delusional, but that doesn’t get you to insanity the way the law looks at it," said Ron Honberg, legal director for the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.

Harris, scheduled to return to court Friday, will most likely face a hearing to determine whether she is mentally competent to stand trial, and psychiatrists eventually will attempt to determine whether she was insane at the time.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Oct/20051024News007.asp

There is culpability as far as relatives who knew of the situation and did nothing to retrieve the children. You can only turn a blind eye so far because of your own situation then you have to have a heart and do the right thing.

The shrinks, although I am not giving them a pass, have HIPPA laws that have to be followed. I would have hoped that one of them would ring a bell. I expect too much probably. But three children are dead because of this and itisn't right no matter what side of the street you stand on.

The father of three children who prosecutors say were thrown into the Bay says he forgives his sons' mother who is charged with their murder.

Taronta Greely returned to Pier 7 on Sunday to say farewell to his sons, He threw flowers into the Bay to honor their memory.

Greely says he wants to reach out to Lashaun Harris who is now in jail. http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=4020318&nav=5D7l

As some of you have already questioned, I too am wondering about no one trying to stop her. Maybe there was only the one witness, the one who called 911, but why didn't he/she go after the lady???? I think the reports say that by the time the police got there the lady/mother was coming back with an empty stroller. why couldn't that witness run over and do something?

2luvmy said:
OK... how can witnesses watch her strip the clothes off of her children and them drop them in the water one by one and not do anything???

Apparently the grandmother did try and get the kids.

This is from a Rita Cosby transcript where she asks that same question of why no one tried to save them:
COSBY: You know, why didn't anyone go in and help the kids? That's the first question—when I heard this story, you know, why didn't anybody jump in to try to save them?

FAGEN: Well, that's a good question. I've been asked that a lot myself.

There were not a lot of people around at the time, at least within the vicinity. There were a bunch of people having dinner at a restaurant just to the north of this pier. And there were a few people passing by the pier.

But this is about 100-yard-long pier. And she picked her spot, and she picked her time pretty well. So when she was out on that pier, there was not a lot of foot traffic around.

One man and his two small children saw this, and they were horrified. And they were actually scared, because she looked like she was having an episode, by all accounts, and she certainly looked like that when I saw her.

And so this man then ran, or walked, about a block or two up to make sure, in his mind, that she didn't think he was going to go bust her. And then he ducked into the restaurant real quick, dropped his kids off, called 911.

And the cops showed up within four minutes of that call. But by then, the kids were long gone under the waves. There was an ebb tide coming on at the time. And it swept those kids away really fast.

COSBY: Well, Kevin—no, Kevin, go ahead real quick.

FAGEN: When they found the body, it was four miles away. And that was just a few hours later.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9773233/

mysteriew said:
Lashuan Harris had been hospitalized and prescribed drugs to quiet the voices inside her head.

Still, legal and mental health experts say it will be difficult to prove the 23-year-old mother was legally insane when she dropped her three young sons to their deaths in San Francisco Bay.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Oct/20051024News007.asp

Ya'll can say anything you'd like about this opinion, but I'm of the opinion that if a parent is hearing voices, the kids need to be removed from the home. There was no shortage of relatives nearby that could have looked after these children. No reason whatever that these children should have been allowed to remain with a parent whose psychotic. We hear all day long about the rights of these mentally ill parents, but what about the rights of these children? Don't they have any rights? I don't think its fair that they're stuck in households with unfit parents and then murdered in the most horrible ways imaginable.

Jeana (DP) said:
Ya'll can say anything you'd like about this opinion, but I'm of the opinion that if a parent is hearing voices, the kids need to be removed from the home.
Cause and effect. Just a incident waiting to happen sooner or later. It appears she had family and an ex-husband who chose to ignore the problem. This is just pure selfishness on the part of others. Now it seems everyone is speaking up. It appears the facts stand that she did hear voices, but nobody chose to take the kids from her. A good mother cannot raise children hearing VOICES. Nobody thought of the children

Yes, society and extended families need to take control of these situations. Everyone can scream after the tragedy but not before. What the biggest sin committed is to let her keep her children in this condition.

If she had no family, or no ex-husband this would have been a different situation.

What a sad situation for these children. Where was the psych. evaluations, the state, etc.

I agree with your opinion Jeana- we need to speak up

Gozgals

Jeana (DP) said:
Ya'll can say anything you'd like about this opinion, but I'm of the opinion that if a parent is hearing voices, the kids need to be removed from the home. There was no shortage of relatives nearby that could have looked after these children. No reason whatever that these children should have been allowed to remain with a parent whose psychotic. We hear all day long about the rights of these mentally ill parents, but what about the rights of these children? Don't they have any rights? I don't think its fair that they're stuck in households with unfit parents and then murdered in the most horrible ways imaginable.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well, said!!

I know I am not a "popular" poster here but sometimes I must speak my mind.. I'm sorry but this is one of those times!

When it comes to the mentally ill that are unwilling to help themselves when help IS out there, I sometimes feel sad for them, but I quickly become angry because there are those of us who fight like hell to get, and then stay, well. In my eyes, these people are the biggest reason for the stigma attached to Mental Illness! (I know, I know, I'd make a LOUSY Victims Advocate)

But when I hear stories such as this one, I am SICKENED! Who does this woman think she is?!?! How DARE she inflict this madness not only on her beautiful, innocent children but the innocent witnessess as well.

She knew she was sick, everyone around her knew she was sick... yet NO ONE did a F*$%*@! thing for these poor babies! I'd have thrown myself from the bridge if that's what it took to quiet the voices.

This MURDERER will now have a chance to go off to a hospital and "get well" but her children are dead and will never have to chance to do anything.

I have sooo much more that I need to say but I'll stop now before I say too much and save it for therapy!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I honestly am.

This is just horrible, i cant believe a mother can do this!!!! I am so sick of people saying they hear voices they hear this and that, WTH, I mean this world is freaking NUTS!!

OneLostGrl said:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I honestly am.

LOL, you don't have to be popular to post (LOL, just watch me). Everyone giving their opinion is what makes this site good.
I am not sure that removing all kids of people who hear voices is a good idea, but certainly those who hear voices need to be closely monitored in the home as well as individually, and I believe that their families need some support also.
We hear about the ones who do something horrendous, but we don't hear about the ones who have parented successfully. In this case the family had expressed interest in taking the kids, but no one would tell them how.
Her mother expressed to the children's services worker that she wanted to get the kids when the mother took them from her home. Social workers reply was they are her kids. Like get a clue, worker- she left her mother's home because she couldn't get along with her and she went off her meds. Right there they had enough to take it into court, IMO.

mysteriew said:
We hear about the ones who do something horrendous, but we don't hear about the ones who have parented successfully.
I know, that's why I get so angry! I am a success (in progress, of course :)).. yet because of people like this I will carry the stigma my whole life thru.

Any updates on the search for the other babies?

OneLostGirl,
You didn't offend me. I agree, I would have thrown myself from the bridge before I would have harmed one hair on my children's heads. I really wish someone at CPS had listened to the family. Now the children are gone forever and the whole family and the witnesses are suffering.

news link
SAN FRANCISCO According to her videotaped admission, Lashuan (luh-SHAWN') Harris stripped her little boys before dropping them to their deaths in San Francisco Bay. They were six, two and 16 months.
On the tape played at her preliminary hearing, Harris says her oldest son kicked, screamed and hit her in the head. Her two-year-old tried to run, but she caught him. She says the toddler was laughing.

On the tape, Harris says God told her to sacrifice the boys. She says she felt sad and knew it was wrong, but believed she did what she was "supposed to."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back