CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lYJiaSZ.jpg

07hbSgZ.jpg

Photos Released in Effort to ID Victims in 1980 Cold Case (Warning: Graphic Images)

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?app_id=249643311490&channel=http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/R_qmi4A5CC2.js?version=41#cb=f255de660945fdc&domain=ktla.com&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fktla.com%2Ff12239754b5cb3e&relation=parent.parent&container_width=0&href=https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/posts/10153724570204614&locale=en_US&sdk=joey#

Thread for the other victim mention in the article is here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-of-Wilson-Chouest-July-1980-*GRAPHIC-IMAGES*
So young. This case breaks my heart. Bumping for our girl. Hoping this is her year.

This may just be me being me - but I truly think that the solving of Lyra Jade's identity will mark a large and notable step forward in genetic genealogy. Her identity has obviously been very difficult to crack with years and years and countless hours spent by wonderful volunteers trying to find her name. I am sure a lot is being learned behind the scenes, possibly particularly about Latino genealogy? Either way, I do have the feeling that this will be her year.

It is extremely difficult to segregate the matches into ancestral groupings, because of the fact that Aniceto Parga and Maria de Jesus Lira are direct ancestors of a large segment of that town. Ordinarily, we can say if Match A also matches Match B, then they are probably within the same ancestral cluster. However, so many of the matches from different ancestral lines are incidentally related to each other, and the common ancestors of Match A and Match B aren't necessarily direct ancestors of the Doe.

This may just be me being me - but I truly think that the solving of Lyra Jade's identity will mark a large and notable step forward in genetic genealogy. Her identity has obviously been very difficult to crack with years and years and countless hours spent by wonderful volunteers trying to find her name. I am sure a lot is being learned behind the scenes, possibly particularly about Latino genealogy? Either way, I do have the feeling that this will be her year.
So many new clues! She’s bound to get her name back soon.

He won't even admit to remembering her, let alone what her name was.
Strange. It was over 40 years ago so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t know if anyone suggested this but maybe the father was with the woman for a one night stand or a hookup. Maybe the woman was a prostitute and this guy was her pimp. Strange situation. Luckily she’s close to getting her name back.

I've said this many times but I'm still dwelling on it - the fact that there are two men who have been irrevocably, definitively linked to her, her unborn son's father and the man who killed her, and neither of them have a peep to say about her is just depressing and quite frankly, infuriating, on so many levels. I don't think her baby's father was lying. I think he really doesn't remember her. Obviously, Chouest is lying because he's a filthy liar. But I will never, ever get over the fact that this pregnant woman who was raped, strangled, and stabbed over two dozen times had what could be considered an "advantage" in being identified, aka being provably linked to a killer and her baby's father, and yet neither of them have a peep to say. Infuriating.

She was a person who had value, and on top of that, she was also a mom. And she got raped and tortured and left in a final sexually humiliating pose after being dumped like trash in a high school parking lot in LA.

The Web of Death episode featuring Lyra Jade and Shirley Soosay showed crime scene photos of both cases. They were not pretty deaths. Still haunted by one of the crime scene photos of a very, very deep stab wound on one of her arms. Chouest was and is sick, sick, sick in the head. I've said this a million times, he makes me have blind rage like few other killers.

I've said this many times but I'm still dwelling on it - the fact that there are two men who have been irrevocably, definitively linked to her, her unborn son's father and the man who killed her, and neither of them have a peep to say about her is just depressing and quite frankly, infuriating, on so many levels. I don't think her baby's father was lying. I think he really doesn't remember her. Obviously, Chouest is lying because he's a filthy liar. But I will never, ever get over the fact that this pregnant woman who was raped, strangled, and stabbed over two dozen times had what could be considered an "advantage" in being identified, aka being provably linked to a killer and her baby's father, and yet neither of them have a peep to say. Infuriating.

She was a person who had value, and on top of that, she was also a mom. And she got raped and tortured and left in a final sexually humiliating pose after being dumped like trash in a high school parking lot in LA.

The Web of Death episode featuring Lyra Jade and Shirley Soosay showed crime scene photos of both cases. They were not pretty deaths. Still haunted by one of the crime scene photos of a very, very deep stab wound on one of her arms. Chouest was and is sick, sick, sick in the head. I've said this a million times, he makes me have blind rage like few other killers.
I just think that it’s so disgusting and sick that any individual could ever even THINK of doing this to anyone. But to a PREGNANT woman?! He didn’t just kill one person, he killed TWO! Lyra and her son. I’m glad Shirley was ID’d and we’re luckily getting closer to some leads for Lyra. We located a third cousin IIRC.

Another pregnant case that makes me so disgusted is the case of Evelyn Colon (fka Beth Doe). Her full-term daughter, posthumously named Emily Colon, is buried alongside her. Makes me wonder if Emily was born alive.

Back to Lyra. I do believe that her son’s father didn’t remember. He’s probably old and losing his memory as a result. Let’s say he and Lyra were the same age, let’s say 23, since that’s about the median in her age range. Dad would be 66, so a bit young but not impossible to start losing memory.

@Springrain, I’m guessing Lyra Jade is your “pet case” assuming that based on your profile? Understandable, her case is one of the first I heard about when I first got into Doe cases when I was 11. That was in the mid-late 2010s. It’s a very fascinating case, and one that’s absolutely heartbreaking. Chouest was absolutely sick in the head, I agree. No mental illness can excuse the horrific way he treated these women. I’m diagnosed with a few mental illnesses and I WOULD NEVER even THINK about hurting someone, let alone KILLING SOMEONE! Unless I have to hurt them in self defense, as being a 5’2”, 110 pound, baby-faced late teen girl makes me quite the target. Those 11 years of martial arts and my MMA and wrestling experience are gonna come in handy here.

Brutally murdered and thrown away like trash. I’m sure that Lyra is looking down on us in heaven, with her son cuddled in her hands, happy that she is loved and cared about, even 40+ years after her death, such a nice relief from the horrors she endured in the last moments of her life. It pisses me off that neither man had nothing to day about her, not even a first name. I’ll give Dad the benefit of the doubt. It was a long time ago.

Chouest is a perfect example of 100% pure human scum. I’m still haunted by those crime scene photos too. And Lyra’s postmortem photos. Especially that crime scene photo. :( At least she looks like she’s sleeping in her morgue photo after being embalmed. Very few killers make me feel as disgusted as Chouest. Him and Terry Rasmussen, the Chameleon Killer.

I just think that it’s so disgusting and sick that any individual could ever even THINK of doing this to anyone. But to a PREGNANT woman?! He didn’t just kill one person, he killed TWO! Lyra and her son. I’m glad Shirley was ID’d and we’re luckily getting closer to some leads for Lyra. We located a third cousin IIRC.

Another pregnant case that makes me so disgusted is the case of Evelyn Colon (fka Beth Doe). Her full-term daughter, posthumously named Emily Colon, is buried alongside her. Makes me wonder if Emily was born alive.

Back to Lyra. I do believe that her son’s father didn’t remember. He’s probably old and losing his memory as a result. Let’s say he and Lyra were the same age, let’s say 23, since that’s about the median in her age range. Dad would be 66, so a bit young but not impossible to start losing memory.

@Springrain, I’m guessing Lyra Jade is your “pet case” assuming that based on your profile? Understandable, her case is one of the first I heard about when I first got into Doe cases when I was 11. That was in the mid-late 2010s. It’s a very fascinating case, and one that’s absolutely heartbreaking. Chouest was absolutely sick in the head, I agree. No mental illness can excuse the horrific way he treated these women. I’m diagnosed with a few mental illnesses and I WOULD NEVER even THINK about hurting someone, let alone KILLING SOMEONE! Unless I have to hurt them in self defense, as being a 5’2”, 110 pound, baby-faced late teen girl makes me quite the target. Those 11 years of martial arts and my MMA and wrestling experience are gonna come in handy here.

Brutally murdered and thrown away like trash. I’m sure that Lyra is looking down on us in heaven, with her son cuddled in her hands, happy that she is loved and cared about, even 40+ years after her death, such a nice relief from the horrors she endured in the last moments of her life. It pisses me off that neither man had nothing to day about her, not even a first name. I’ll give Dad the benefit of the doubt. It was a long time ago.

Chouest is a perfect example of 100% pure human scum. I’m still haunted by those crime scene photos too. And Lyra’s postmortem photos. Especially that crime scene photo. :( At least she looks like she’s sleeping in her morgue photo after being embalmed. Very few killers make me feel as disgusted as Chouest. Him and Terry Rasmussen, the Chameleon Killer.
Oh man, Beth Doe is another sad, sad case, especially considering the domestic violence that was behind it, and the fact that her killer was her partner and her baby's father. And she was just a kid, on top of everything else. So, so awful. :( Breaks my heart.

Lyra Jade is definitely my pet case. I have followed her case since about 2015 or 2016 and with genetic genealogy advances and DNA Doe Project's hard work, I have become even more invested in her case, especially after several other cases I have closely followed and connected with became ID'd. Her case just breaks my heart and I'm sure you can tell how Chouest makes me feel...While I am beyond sickened by him, I will say I am very glad to Det. Rhods for all his hard work investigating the case and that he was able to connect Chouest to her murder and serve criminal justice. She is lucky to have a good team behind her. DNA Doe Project, as well. Fantastic, smart, and helpful people.

(bolded by me) I am sure of that, too, and that is such a beautiful, heartwarming sentiment. They know that they will be named and found again by her loved ones someday and that Chouest...well, I'll just say I truly believe his day of reckoning will come and it will not be pretty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back