CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have narrowed down possible last names, found I believe a second cousin, yeah I think we will ID her this year.
Hello Emilia,
Any news on Lyra Jade? Did the team get closer to her identification? I really hope 2023 will be a year of her identification.
Thank you for a hard work your team does to identify Lyra Jade

I am hopeful. Another xmas season where countless home DNA kits are given and sent in allover the world. And another year of increased social media awareness about missing peoples and UID cases that bridges countries and languages in the blink of an eye. One day she will have her name back.

I have just noticed that Lyra Jade’s profile on the DDP website was last updated in September 2023, but I cant see any changes, I am wondering if there is any development un her case.

Nothing major. I have been continuously working this case for five years, and we continue to work on it. One of the 4 or 5 Parga sisters (Monica, Basilia, Josefa, Feliciana, and Sotera) is our most likely grandmother or great grandmother. I say 4 or 5 because Monica and Basilia might be twins, or they might be 1 person whose baptism was in one name and civil registry birth registration was in the other. I would say it is most likely that they were one person, since there is no reference to them as "gemelas" (twins), as there was for the twins Tomasa and Josefa, and Catarina's final two children who both died shortly after birth (Catarina Montellano also died during childbirth of these two twins.)

Other than Feliciana, there is absolutely zero information on Monica/Basilia, Josefa, or Sotera, other than that they were born and baptized. Martin Parga and Catarina Montellano had both passed by the time Sotera was 12 years old, so she might have been adopted and given a different name. No marriage records, no death records, they are not even referenced as witnesses in official records for other persons in that town. I even researched the "Padrinos" (i.e., godparents) referenced in her baptism record, and could find no reference to Sotera in any of their records. Josefa's twin sister Tomasa lived and died in Los Angeles, but Tomasa's downlines can very definitely be ruled-out.

We did find a great granddaughter of Feliciana whose test came in at about a 3C. Feliciana is not completely ruled out because the great granddaughter could still be a half-2C to Lyra Jade. But we can rule out Feliciana's son Daniel as a direct ancestor. Feliciana did have children with men other than Daniel's father, so a half-2C by way of Feliciana is still a theoretical possibility.

We are also looking at other ancestral lines that are showing some hopeful results, but nothing definite that we can report publicly.

I am hopeful. Another xmas season where countless home DNA kits are given and sent in allover the world. And another year of increased social media awareness about missing peoples and UID cases that bridges countries and languages in the blink of an eye. One day she will have her name back.
Exactly! My husband (of SE Asian heritage) is getting a kit in his stocking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back