CA CA - William Cierzan, 58, Santa Clarita Valley, 26 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that the times are different in the two articles.

The one in the OP says the wife got home between 5:30-6:00

The other one says the wife got home at 7:00
https://signalscv.com/2017/01/30/homicide-detectives-probe-bizarre-disappearance-william-cierzan/

And why the significance of the nephew being there at 1:30, but not indicating what time he left? If neighbors saw no one come or go from their cameras, does this also include the nephew? How did he come and go then?

The above article that you quoted says that the wife called William AFTER the nephew left the home.
She would only know that he had left if William told her he had.

I wonder how often the nephew came to visit and what was his usual point of entry and exit.

I'm thinking g he was taken out of the house the night before. If this is true there are a few poi's here.
I think the nephew and the.dinner are cover ups.
Jmo

Things certainly aren't adding up just yet for me either

I'm sorry but this.made me.chuckle!

I'm not into cooking but I know there are some recipes where you actually put the meat into the oven or in a pot and let it simmer or cook on low temperature for an hour or even more. That's what came to mind :idea:

I am still curious as to why he made dinner so early, hours before his wife arrived home.
They spoke on the phone so he must have known her ETA, so why cook chicken two hours early?
Maybe he planned on leaving ...

Maybe he planned on leaving ...

Or maybe not leaving completely but he had an errand to run, so he did the chicken first, and then left - out back it seems.

I wonder whether he was the kind of guy who often walked instead of driving and then always took his dog along?

Sometimes, if I have a day off it is not unusual for me to cook dinner early in the afternoon. That way, I can do what I want for the rest of the evening making sure there is food ready for the dinner and sometimes for the next day's lunch for me and my boyfriend. I could see myself cooking a chicken in advance so that I could be carefree of that one for the rest of the day.

When I started reading the thread my hinky meter was imediately all over the place about the nephew.
Even if William's wife called him, he could be forced by the nephew to say everything was okay while being made captive. The nephew might have been interested in some of William's significative possessions/lands, if he had some (hence the money still being in wallet). Maybe the nephew didn't got his way, harmed William and tried to left the scene as clean as possible, by staging this weird disappearance.

My other theory is about the wife...I wonder when was the last time she saw him?

Anyway, I really hope they already have dogs on their way to search the house and that they are trying to pick up a cellphone signal, if there really is a cellphone.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like William just walked away willingly.

Just MOO, IMO, etc...

Or maybe not leaving completely but he had an errand to run, so he did the chicken first, and then left - out back it seems.

I wonder whether he was the kind of guy who often walked instead of driving and then always took his dog along?

Was there a statement that his dog is also missing? The only reference I've seen to the dog was "he loved his dog".

If you go back to the very first post on this thread, it states that the family dog was in the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes the dog was in the house which is why I was wondering if that's normal for them when William goes out, or if he usually took the dog with him if he went out on foot.

I wonder why they're talking to each other so much while she's at work, on such a mundane topic?

Call between 3:30 - 4 and he says the nephew has left (apparently) and he's putting chicken in the oven.

A call at 5 and the discussion is the chicken is done.

It seems like there must have been more substance than that to the conversations - wonder what.

I keep wondering about the across-the-street neighbor, the one whose camera shows no activity. As a few of you also wondered about: did it capture the nephew leaving? What if if didn't...would it mean a section was erased? (I am not techy, and don't know if this is easy to do.)

What if, when the earthquake happened (6:08pm), William went outside to check the house/confer with the neighbor, and some kind of argument and worse ensued. (Hope it is ok for me to post of this kind of speculation) So I hope they've checked out the video the neighbor's camera took, and also checked that home thoroughly.

It is possible he cooked the chicken early to ensure dinner was ready for his wife before he left to cook his own chicken in the couple hours before she got home. I am wondering if LE did not find any evidence of the chicken, which makes the story suspicious enough for homicide to take over. It is either definitely a hinky story, or a planned disappearance, though I still think they should thoroughly search the garden and surrounding areas, just because the loud boom from the earthquake occurs so succinctly in the middle of all this.

I can't stop laughing about the chicken sorry.
Thing is with a phone call we don't know what was said or who answered that phone.
This is just crazy.

Was he even there?

My only somewhat different theory is he left with the nephew after puttng the chicken in the crock pot possibly out of view of the camera's across the street. ...and for whatever reason did not make it back home.

I think he roasted a chicken in the oven and then set it on the counter to cool. Maybe they were having a taco salad for dinner?

The bizarre disappearance of William Cierzan
By Jim Holt - January 27, 2017, 6:49 pm
https://signalscv.com/2017/01/27/bizarre-disappearance-william-cierzan/

At 5 p.m., the wife called again and he said the chicken was cooked.

But, two hours later, Cierzan’s wife, Linda, arrived home and found the chicken cooked, with the oven turned off.

Her husband’s wallet, keys, and coat were in the house, with credit cards and money in the wallet. The family dog was in the house.

But, there was no sign of Cierzan.​

Really interesting tidbit... found a random lady on FB who commented that she lived in that house from 1988-1990. She mentioned how they would climb up the back wall, as kids, to get to the businesses behind.

If the surveillance camera didn't catch anything, I hope they searched every bit of space inside that house. I guess it's possible, but I can't imagine William Cierzan climbing a wall. I wonder how high it is.

Homicide detectives investigating the bizarre disappearance of William Cierzan have been diligently working on the case, keeping their heads down, sharing little and looking for clues, said the sister of the missing man.

The two detectives on the case have scheduled a press conference for Wednesday at the LASD’s Homicide Bureau in Monterey Park at which time they’re expected to share information about the baffling case.

“The detectives did a thorough examination at the house,” Andrea Peck told The Signal Tuesday, day six of Cierzan’s disappearance.

“They’ve been at the house every day. They’ve never even taken a breather. And, they’ve been good to Linda,” she said, referring to Cierzan’s wife.
https://signalscv.com/2017/01/31/homicide-detectives-ramp-probe-cierzan-case/

I saw something VERY interesting on local news tonight-- A VIDEO-----been trying to find it online.

It showed a white vehicle backing into the driveway, up to the garage door. And the reporter said it was the car of a family member, and they stayed for about 15 minutes.

So I guess that was nephew. Wonder why he backed up into the drive? Was he borrowing equipment? Moving a rolled up rug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!