Found Deceased CA - Yohanes Kidane, 22, Netflix software engineer, entered Uber in San Jose, pers items found near Golden Gate Bridge, 15 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1692354785251.png
<modsnip - not an approved source>

SAN FRANCISCO - Mehret Hana Beyene burst into tears Thursday as she explained how her husband and eldest son Yosief Kidane had flown to the Bay Area from New York to try and find their other son Yohanes Kidane, 22, of San Jose, who they say disappeared Monday and was last seen on video surveillance footage getting into a black Toyota sedan with an Uber sticker.

<modsnip: copyright>

Anyone who has information on Kidane's whereabouts is asked to contact the San Jose Police Department at (408) 277-8900 and reference case number 23-227-0531. Relatives can be reached at (585) 489-4880 or 585-500-5220.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods, are we allowed to share youtube videos from official sources' channels? There is an interview with his family here from KTVU Fox 2 San Fran. His brother and mother are breaking my heart ): I hope he is found soon.

Moving to a new place is so stressful, isolating, and scary - especially when you are starting your first career job and going through the college-to-full-time-work transition! My heart goes out to Yohanes.

Mods, are we allowed to share youtube videos from official sources' channels? There is an interview with his family here from KTVU Fox 2 San Fran. His brother and mother are breaking my heart ): I hope he is found soon.

Moving to a new place is so stressful, isolating, and scary - especially when you are starting your first career job and going through the college-to-full-time-work transition! My heart goes out to Yohanes.
My heart is breaking for the family. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for them. Seeing the pictures of this beautiful family smiling in photos and now this. :(

<modsnip - quoted post contained an unapproved source>
Add in that his phone, money and computer were untouched sort of rules out a robbery gone badly. I hope he just was overwhelmed with life's changes and needed to get away someplace safe for a bit. His family loves him very much.

<modsnip - quoted post contained an unapproved source>Add in that his phone, money and computer were untouched sort of rules out a robbery gone badly. I hope he just was overwhelmed with life's changes and needed to get away someplace safe for a bit. His family loves him very much.
I too find the chances of two random ride share experiences, just days apart - the first taking him to a destination he didn't intend and the last leading to his disappearance highly unlikely, but not impossible. I hope this isn't the case, but if self-harm was the intent, why take so many possessions with you including a backpack with 2 laptops?

The local Fox KTVU story quotes colleagues who said JK told them he was "headed to SF to maybe meet a friend" that night. SJ to SF is a little over an hour drive, depending on traffic, so a lengthy and expensive ride share for a 'possible' friend meeting? If indeed meeting someone was the intent, did that connection happen? Did something nefarious happen with that encounter? Or did something happen before meeting someone? If there was a friend, hopefully that person comes forward and shares what they may know.

Kidane’s phone’s location showed he was at the Golden Gate Bridge the majority of Monday night.

“Someone who was in San Rafael, who was on a commute, saw a phone and wallet sitting on this small grassy hill right between the Welcome Center and coffee shop,” Kidane’s brother told the station. “Thirty bucks in cash was in his wallet, IDs cards, phone untouched.”

The backpack was found the next day closer to the bridge and it contained two of his laptops and personal documents.

Kidane’s former college roommate says the Rochester native told a story about a suspicious Uber ride that took place just days before he disappeared.

“The Uber driver insisted, if it was an actual Uber driver, that instead of taking him to the location that he needed to be, he’s like, ‘Oh, I’m going to take you to Oakland. It’s much safer there,'” Austin Farmer told Fox News.

“And he just wouldn’t let Yohanes go where he needed to go. So they took him to downtown Oakland. I guess he eventually got back to his apartment or wherever he lives, but that was pretty suspicious.”

Kidane had allegedly texted Farmer during that trip saying he “might be in trouble” and the driver told him to cancel the extra pay.

“I got a sense he’s taking me there for no good reason,” Kidane said.

When he got back to San Jose, Kidane said he was “Never going in Uber solo again in SF.”

Kidane’s former college roommate says the Rochester native told a story about a suspicious Uber ride that took place just days before he disappeared.

Something seems "off," IMO. Did that Über ride actually happen? Or happen as he said it did?

Could his belongings being found in two locations near the bridge be "staging" on his part?

The problem is not knowing his motive for staging his belongings. It doesn't look good at all, but without CCTV information it's tough to say 100%.

These types of cases are so saddening.

Long article in Cornell University publication.

how do they not have all the Uber info? What car/driver was used when etc.? Is it all only on his phone and no one in the family has access?

Long article in Cornell University publication.

YK has a degree in Computer Science. He’s an intelligent young man with high expectations. Hopefully, he needed a break.

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 18-18 - Yohanes.png

So I'm assuming that the grassy hill his brother is talking about is located here, marked in red.

Is there more detail about where the backpack with the laptops was found?

either way, I have a bad feeling with the wallet/phone/laptop being found like this. I hope he is okay.

how do they not have all the Uber info? What car/driver was used when etc.? Is it all only on his phone and no one in the family has access?

I'm assuming his phone had a passcode and they don't have it. Getting a warrant for Uber to open access will take time. I am hoping - though a very long shot - that that the driver might see this story and volunteer some info. Uber will take too long and time is of the essence.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back