Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's what leaks are all about. We even hear that on the national evening news... a source close to the investigation tells us..."

Sometimes, those involved in investigations want more information to come out but they don't want their names attached to it.

I'm just not sure in this case though... it could be just Rugen wanting to keep his FB page and blog in the spotlight.

You know, that's always interested me.
A 'leak' is one thing.
Whoever visibly 'reports' on the leak is another.

If someone in LE told me that they had inside info about a case we had worked... I would listen real carefully. But I sure as heck woudn't put it up on the internet as an 'unnamed source' unless I was willing to take the hit if it turned out to be something...or nothing.

But maybe that's just me.

I'm not here nor there with Rugen. I believe there was a hit in the bedroom and since media has stated it was on the affidavit that a dog hit there during their search, I'm going to believe it as fact. I'd love to see it though and know that more than one trained cadaver dog hit was done (the LE would know they'd need that for prosecution) but I'm not on a need to know basis. Logical deduction it was on a blanket if the carpet wasn't taken. jmo

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29552254/detail.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-cadaver-dogs-detect-smell-deceased/story?id=14786129

eta, many PI's get inside info and throughout this case I think things are leaked maybe intentionally? Who knows?

You know, that's always interested me.
A 'leak' is one thing.
Whoever visibly 'reports' on the leak is another.

If someone in LE told me that they had inside info about a case we had worked... I would listen real carefully. But I sure as heck woudn't put it up on the internet as an 'unnamed source' unless I was willing to take the hit if it turned out to be something...or nothing.

But maybe that's just me.

Understood, but Rugen has interviewed people and written blogs on the case. He's "reporting" on it, one could say.

If he had told us something we weren't already speculating on, like his source told him the dog hit on a chair in the living room for instance, I'd pay more attention to what he's saying. But his claim is a little weak, or "safe", IMO.

I guarantee if somebody did share this info with him, they CANNOT be pleased that he stated it publicly on facebook. What kind of professional PI would do that?
Whether true or not, I bet LE will not share any more info with him any more with a stunt like that.
What kind of PI would even BE on Facebook. I don't think much of this guy. However, this information would answer my questions about why some of the items were removed with the search warrant. Maybe Ron can tell us why they took the tape dispenser. What kind was it and where was it found?

Methinks he wants HIS 15 minutes. He inserted himself in this case. If LE wanted a "leak", wouldn't they use the media? Seems like a loose cannon to me. I dont know if he really has info or not, but putting it out on facebook in public screams unprofessional to me.

If I was ever in need of a PI, I know who I will never hire. A private investigator who can't keep private info private is not one I would trust.

I'm with others, I'm not sure how much weight I put in his info and even if it's 100% accurate, it really doesn't substantially change the information about the dog hit that we already knew (or speculated).

Now if he came out with that there were multiple dogs that hit the same area, then that would be news.

It makes sense to me considering which items were removed but it would be nice to have a name instead of a source.

He's only talking about one dog, no info about whether other dogs hit on the same stuff.

OT but I noticed most people who comment on his FB are women. Why does it seem that following missing children's cases is a girly thing? Do men keep up with the news but avoid posting or do they tend to be unaware of these missing people?

I'm with others, I'm not sure how much weight I put in his info and even if it's 100% accurate, it really doesn't substantially change the information about the dog hit that we already knew (or speculated).

Now if he came out with that there were multiple dogs that hit the same area, then that would be news.

If he came out with that info, he'd be working for the FBI. And then he'd be fired. ;)

Glad the dog is back. Some other news: Ron Rugen who was a guest on Websleuths radio speaking about the Lisa Irwin case just posted on his facebook that a cadaver dog hit on a blanket, a toy and clothes (last reported wearing). https://www.facebook.com/KansasCityPI

the part about "Clothes (last reported wearing) - makes me think this is nothing but speculation and not gotten from an inside source at all. IF LE has the clothes that she was supposedly "kidnapped" in - then I would think that they would have enough to make an arrest. JMO

To add a little humor here. When I listened to him on websleuth radio, one of his theories was that Jersey took BL in order to win MW back. Both the host and the other guest were obviously rolling their eyes on that one.

To add a little humor here. When I listened to him on websleuth radio, one of his theories was that Jersey took BL in order to win MW back. Both the host and the other guest were obviously rolling their eyes on that one.

I think I'll do that too...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the way to a girl's heart... not. Usually. I hope.

IDK but I would run pretty fast and pretty far if someone thought that I'd like to live as a fugitive with a stolen baby.

It makes sense to me considering which items were removed but it would be nice to have a name instead of a source.

He's only talking about one dog, no info about whether other dogs hit on the same stuff.

OT but I noticed most people who comment on his FB are women. Why does it seem that following missing children's cases is a girly thing? Do men keep up with the news but avoid posting or do they tend to be unaware of these missing people?

Not surprising, reflects the demographic on this forum.

Yeah, that's the way to a girl's heart... not. Usually. I hope.

IDK but I would run pretty fast and pretty far if someone thought that I'd like to live as a fugitive with a stolen baby.

I don't see MW as the type to be sitting around dreaming about how wonderful life would be if only she had a one year old to feed, clothe, bathe, change diapers for...(at her young age and given her lifestyle). I don't know MW, but that's not the mindset that jumps out at me based on what she has divulged about herself in her interviews and postings. Jersey either. JMO...

Yeah, if anything, it might be scorned man steals baby/phones, calls ex to implicate/frame her and sets dumpster on fire to be sure she knows it was him.:crazy: Kinda difficult to imagine he'd do it to win MW back or stick it to her.

Wow: I personally trust Ron's reporting. He has been very reserved accurate IMO.

http://www.facebook.com/KansasCityPI/posts/10150436681582453

Rugen Team Investigations, LLC Missouri Private Investigator
A source close to law enforcement tells me that cadaver dog in the Lisa Irwin missing baby case hit on a blanket, a toy, and her clothes last reported wearing. If true, that means the fluid that secretes from the body upon death were possibly on those items.

I'd like to know Rugen's level of confidence in the source. Is it someone he personally knows to be trustworthy; someone he doesn't really know but who has proved to be a reliable source in the past; someone he doesn't know but who is in a position to know this info? How many layers removed from the primary source is his source?

I am wondering if this "leak" is kinda "accidentally-purpose", maybe to illicit a confession?

Hi,
I'd like to ask if a cadaver dog would hit on amniotic fluid? Especially if it had been left some for some before being cleaned up.
Thank you.
I have really enjoyed reading all the questions and answers. Have learned a lot about these marvelous dogs.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least the cadaver dog hit on the items, they took. However, the tape & dispenser puzzle me...there had to be a good reason.

LE may not know which one to charge. I wish they would charge them both, then I think someone would scramble to cut a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth-nado