Cadaver Dogs, Search Dogs, K9 Units

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good idea beans---and after it is opened set it on the dt's table---right in front of ica.

Actually, I'd like to see them set the can right in front of the jury box...that way they might have a chance to actually smell it and see how unique it might be, although it would not necessarily be part of their decision.

I'm thinking it might be good to bump this thread as it appears the cadaver dog evidence may be coming into play sometime this week.

I know that HHJP does not want the jury to become "witnesses" by having them smell the "cans of death" the media has been playing up which contain the air from the trunk that was sealed and has been in the FBI lab. Although I was interested to see a can being unpacked the other day in court and was wondering just how it might come into play.

After thinking about it for a bit, I'm wondering if the prosecution can somehow sidestep the issue of having the jurors smell the can outright by having an actual cadaver dog enter the courtroom to see if the dog will alert on the can when it is opened. I would imagine that would be pretty dramatic - to see a trained cadaver dog immediately alert on a can of decomp air from the trunk of ICA's car that is three years old.

The state could make the point all over again about the accuracy of the dogs and the fact that, even after time, the air in that car still smells like a dead body.

It would also destroy JB's silly claim about not being able to have a dog on the stand as a witness.

I like the way you think! (I posted the same idea in a trial thread a few days ago :floorlaugh:)

I missed some of the testimony about Gerus today. Can anyone tell me if his handler had Gerus sniff the white trash bag the day he alerted on the pontiac? TIA

Looks like Bones's handler will be testifying tomorrow. Does anyone know offhand whether Bones indicated at the same point in the backyard that Gerus did?

I watched the video's from yesterday till late last night. The handler was an excellent witness and was extremely better prepared for JB then in the Frey hearing. The SA prepared the foundation of training metilculously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back