Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mothers worst nightmare here!

We have a possibly intoxicated person late at night near water. Could be an accident involving water or a nefarious person did something to her. Best case is she’s lost but I don’t think she’d abandon her belongings.

Her sister says in msm that she is intelligant and careful so does anybody know if she went to the party as a group (sorry if it has been posted and i missed) because it just does not seem like walking bk on her own would have been on her agenda? I would not even walk back on my own in my home town at 3 in morning let alone in a foreign country! Moo.
Its all v v worrying.

Travellers tend to decide that it's party night and word gets around that everyone is going to a particular beach to party all night. Everyone feels safe with laid back hippie type travellers, and sometimes they overlook the risks that they know so well at home. It's possible that another traveller was not as safe as he seemed.

It was a 40 minute walk back to the hostel, and there does appear to be a trail. Did everyone walk from the Community Pier to the beach?

I wonder if we can learn more about where her backpack was found. Was it on the beach where they partied, or was it on the trail towards the Community Pier? It's doesn't look that difficult to walk from the Pier to the Hostel. It's a 40 minute walk, probably something that travellers do often.

My question is whether she was intoxicated or not, and whether that has something to do with her disappearance - as in she got lost.

upload_2019-10-26_17-15-35.png

upload_2019-10-26_17-21-56.png

Just reading more about Police Beach. It's a party spot with a cover charge, wild music and very likely drugs.

Yes i have been down the "rabbit hole" so to speak, reading about this beach is slightly concerning, does not seem to have a great rep. I see the words drugs and pimps cropping up quite a lot.
Speaking as a woman i would like to see her bag....i love a beer ....or 10 lol but my bag is like my third arm when im out, if i know im getting blotto i will take a bag that goes over my shoulder across my chest so i cant misplace it etc. If i am going out to dinner and having a few glasses of wine i will just take a clutch bag but maybe thats just me!! MOO

Agreed! The abandoned belongings are a major red flag. If she was lost or an accident then she’d most likely have the belongings in her possession. If she met with foul play, makes more sense that her belongings were left behind.

Yes i have been down the "rabbit hole" so to speak, reading about this beach is slightly concerning, does not seem to have a great rep. I see the words drugs and pimps cropping up quite a lot.
Speaking as a woman i would like to see her bag....i love a beer ....or 10 lol but my bag is like my third arm when im out, if i know im getting blotto i will take a bag that goes over my shoulder across my chest so i cant misplace it etc. If i am going out to dinner and having a few glasses of wine i will just take a clutch bag but maybe thats just me!! MOO
"Her handbag, which had her purse, phone and bank cards in it, has been found on a nearby beach."--From a previous post

Makes me think it was more of a backpack or tote type bag....moo

Fears for missing Amelia Bambridge as walk back from party was ‘dark and unsafe’
Good first hand article about the dangers of walking back to the place she was staying, especially at night.

From the link:

Amy Johnson, from Newcastle, decided not to go to a similar event at the same site on the island of Koh Rong in Cambodia because she felt the route back was poorly lit and too unsafe to do after a few drinks.

First time traveller Amy – who had been in Cambodia two weeks ago – said the walk was at least 40 minutes long and involved wading through forest paths, two beach fronts and over a small handmade wooden bridge.

She said: “After seeing the party advertised, we decided to check out where it was located.

“We wandered down one night and the path was so badly lit to Police Beach, we had to use phone torches.

"Her handbag, which had her purse, phone and bank cards in it, has been found on a nearby beach."--From a previous post

Makes me think it was more of a backpack or tote type bag....moo

I wonder if the purse had money in(for transport back) i see what u mean by tote bag....u would not need a backpack for those items though imo

Fears for missing Amelia Bambridge as walk back from party was ‘dark and unsafe’
Good first hand article about the dangers of walking back to the place she was staying, especially at night.

From your linked article, she walked to the beach, a 40 minute trek, for a party that started at 11PM.

"First time traveller Amy – who had been in Cambodia two weeks ago – said the walk was at least 40 minutes long and involved wading through forest paths, two beach fronts and over a small handmade wooden bridge. Amy said the walk would not have been an easy trip home sober and decided it would be too far out of the way to go to and from the party safely.

She said: “We then asked around about getting back and were told by hostel staff that everyone walks back. “Another person told us there were taxi boats that would bring you from the main pier to 4K beach at certain times in the night too. So we decided that as it didn’t start till 11ish, it’d be too dark and too unsafe to go down there and drink and try and get back.”​

The bag being left behind or lost could also mean that she was very high.

No woman leaves her bag behind unless completely gone!(totally drunk) Im always routing through my bag checking for phone or keys or lighter! It drives me insane on a night out. Absolutely no doubt she was completely out of it to leave it behind. Only other explanation that springs to mind (but only if you have friends there u know your belongings are with and u can tell what u r doing) is that u meet someone at the party and sneak off for a quick skinny dip etc intending fully on coming bk

MOO

Last edited:
I feel that awful feeling like with the nora case. Seems we dont get anything in terms of info etc. Police very secretive and never has a end, trying to hard not to hurt the tourist industry and get a bad name!
Hannah witheridge (could be wrong spelling of surname) springs to mind also. Alot of ppl dont believe the guys who did it actually were the murderers and they were just scape goats, all in msm so im sure i can write this, sorry if i cant!

Yes, young pretty traveler met by evil monster on the beach.

Too much to drink, everyone looks like a friend.

I think Natalie was targeted earlier in the evening and that her fate was sealed as soon as she was alone on the beach with her murderer - even though she was there willingly.

I wonder if anyone bought drinks for Amerlia on October 23 at the Police Beach Party Club. Did anyone else who was there, or at the hostel, notice anyone paying attention to her?

What about the people who work at the Police Beach Club, or who were staying in the bungalow cabins - did anyone hear or see something around the time that she was last seen? Who saw her at 3;30AM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back