Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like Amelia had to walk past the Island Community Pier to get to her hostel. Other than a "rock" near "Police Beach," has any information been provided regarding the exact location of the backpack? Maybe it was near the pier.

"Easily accessible by all the main ferry services, Koh Touch is one of the most convenient places to get to on Koh Rong."​

Koh Touch (Koh Tui) on Koh Rong - Official Guide | Visit Koh Rong

upload_2019-10-28_21-30-54.png

There are few places along that section of beach deep enough to moor a motorized boat directly, but I'm thinking it is possible a small rower could have been used to bridge the gap near to where amelia's bag was found, then the captors, (or captor), and Amelia would then board the stationary vessel and take off into the night.

I agree its not a likely scenario but one that you would have to say becomes more likely if she is not found on the island, becouse boat during the night is the only way I could see her being taken off the island without being seen.

BTW nice work there Otto. I wonder if there are any bars that had been open in that area around 3am or any residents living near to the pier that might had heard anything. Nobody goes night sailing, if there was any noise it would be highly unusual I would have thought.

Last edited:
Amelia Bambridge: three questioned as Cambodia search for UK backpacker widens

Cambodian officials looking for Amelia Bambridge, the British woman missing on Koh Rong island since Thursday, are focusing their search on fishing boats and have interviewed three men about her disappearance.

Bambridge, 21, from Sussex, was last seen at around 3am on Thursday at a beach party. Nearly 150 Cambodian officials plus seven volunteers have been searching the island and surrounding areas since Saturday.

Three men, believed to be Cambodians, were placed in handcuffs by police on the island on Monday and taken for questioning.

From the link:

Six Cambodians, some of whom work in the island's bars, have been taken to police headquarters of neighbouring coastal province Sihanoukville, a senior officer told AFP on Tuesday.

"They are being questioned," provincial deputy police chief Nop Panha said. "We are not drawing any conclusions yet."

But another senior police source said there was "little hope" that Bambridge will be found alive after a days-long hunt yielded few clues to her whereabouts.

"We are looking for a body now," said the official, who is part of the search party, requesting anonymity.

A young friend of mine spent the summer backpacking around Asia. Her drink was spiked at a beach party in Cambodia. Luckily one of the people she had met earlier that week saw her and realised she was acting erratically. She was taken back to her hostel and looked after. She has no idea how/when or who spiked her.

I don’t think we will see a happy ending here unfortunately.

Six Cambodians held as hopes fade for missing British tourist
I wonder if they are being questioned as to their involvement or for their possible knowledge of the events. In their positions as bartenders etc. some of them may have information or have heard something. There just doesn't seem to be any good outcome to her disappearance now.

NINTCHDBPICT000534467893.jpg

'Amelia's backpack on the rock'

Is this credible or have they just rounded up the local waifs and strays to make it look like they are doing something. Because a couple of days ago they said she has drowned. Now Amelia6s body hasn't been located they've changed their tune.

Is this credible or have they just rounded up the local waifs and strays to make it look like they are doing something. Because a couple of days ago they said she has drowned. Now Amelia6s body hasn't been located they've changed their tune.
Call me cynical but yes my thoughts were that they have just rounded up anybody. Sorry but I have little faith that the right person/people will be caught here. I hope I'm very wrong.

This is my thoughts too. Unfortunately I don't have any trust in the police in South East Asia compared to the strict rules our own have to follow. I can't feel positive that these six men are a genuine breakthrough for the case and not just a ploy to help the Cambodian tourism (like we have seen before) "hey look, weve caught them, its safe now again for tourists!"

Has anyone clarified for certain what bag she had. As mentioned it is def a across the chest bag a bit like what we would call "a chav man bag" (no offence intended) we use them when we go away so your bag is on your front and safely across thw chest so people cant tug and run. On the cctv its not a backpack. We need to know when that cctv is from

Amelia Bambridge: 6 men arrested over missing British backpacker of in Cambodia | Daily Mail Online

The six detainees, some of whom work in local bars, have been taken to police headquarters in the neighbouring coastal province of Sihanoukville, a senior officer told AFP on Tuesday.

Koh Rong Governor Noun Bunthol revealed that police received a note from some Western visitors saying the men had in the past acted badly toward foreign tourists, especially females.

'They are being questioned,' provincial deputy police chief Nop Panha said. 'We are not drawing any conclusions yet.'

This is my thoughts too. Unfortunately I don't have any trust in the police in South East Asia compared to the strict rules our own have to follow. I can't feel positive that these six men are a genuine breakthrough for the case and not just a ploy to help the Cambodian tourism (like we have seen before) "hey look, weve caught them, its safe now again for tourists!"

I refer bk to my post when i said the bag looks staged so they can take pics looking important standing around it . Next comes the random killers paraded by said bag so westeners feel like they can go bk there. Its such a joke, do they even have forensics .....its hard to believe they live on an island and didnt even have god damn pro scuba gear. From so sure drowning to 6 men arrested, i bet they just want her dad gone as he is not going with there crap theory and making noise about it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim
Back