Can this be used at the trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was reported that after hearing that the divers had found something, she then turned around and left...on her own. Even IF she had of been ordered to leave...and she did NOT know if that bag contained Caylee's body or not , she would have been kicking and screaming to be able to see what it was that the divers pulled up. If my child was really missing...and thought to be dead...and I was in jail charged with her murder, watching the news about a bag of bones being brought up by a group of divers..I am not just going to turn around and walk out of the room. And if I am ordered out...I wouldn't leave without a fight. She just turned around and left. Because she KNEW that the bag of bones was NOT CAYLEE.

turned around and left without asking for meds

It was reported that after hearing that the divers had found something, she then turned around and left...on her own. Even IF she had of been ordered to leave...and she did NOT know if that bag contained Caylee's body or not , she would have been kicking and screaming to be able to see what it was that the divers pulled up. If my child was really missing...and thought to be dead...and I was in jail charged with her murder, watching the news about a bag of bones being brought up by a group of divers..I am not just going to turn around and walk out of the room. And if I am ordered out...I wouldn't leave without a fight. She just turned around and left. Because she KNEW that the bag of bones was NOT CAYLEE.

Exactly, Ames! So we have two contrasting reactions from Casey. IMO, they show exactly what Casey knew.

She knew it was Caylee. She knew the location the skull was found so she knew it was her. She got upset because she was found. I think KC thought if no body, no conviction.

I've been thinking along the same lines.
She probably convinced herself that no body = no conviction.
The NOW bit is the most significant.....If thats what was
actually said.
'Now' because she was hoping like heck that Caylees
remains wouldnt be found until after her trial, or never at all. She was probably pi**ed that caylee had interferred with her plans and freedom once again.

OT...are we allowed to use this thread for other things that may or may not be used at trial, or do we need to stick to the OP's questions?

CB Tampa posted this in the Things Casey Never Realized Thread and it got me thinking:

"She didn't count on Caylee being found. It was reported that she went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". How did she know it was Caylee? "

We know there was that find at JB Park and we never heard of a reaction like this from Casey.

If Corrections Officers/Clergy witnessed this reaction- and JB reported this to the media, would it be admissible as testimony during the trial?

I know JB won't testify- but could tapes of his words to the media be used?

Can Corrections Officers testify?

Can Corrections Clergy testify? I know as a rule they cannot be compelled to do so. However, this was not a confessional- this was a chaplain notifying her that a body had been found- it had not even been identified at that time.

This reaction, if it was as reported, could really make a mark on the jury.

It screams that she knew it was Caylee.

I never heard that Casey "went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". Is there a link to this?

If she put the child's body in the woods just down the street, how in the world did she think the remains would not be found? It's not like it was a secret hiding place far, far away.

RAW VIDEO: Casey's Attorney Makes Statement After Discovery Of Remains. The link didn't work, but it is in a December 11th interview.

JB talks about it about half through the video.

Exactly, Ames! So we have two contrasting reactions from Casey. IMO, they show exactly what Casey knew.

Exactly! I would rip her face off if I could.

I never heard that Casey "went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". Is there a link to this?

If she put the child's body in the woods just down the street, how in the world did she think the remains would not be found? It's not like it was a secret hiding place far, far away.

IMO...she thought that Caylee would have been discovered sooner...afterall, she was just a stones throw from the shoulder of the road. Like she had been thrown out like a sack of garbage. I think that she wanted Caylee's remains found quickly at first...because she had that made up "Zanny the Nanny did it" all planned out. But, after seeing that nobody was going to fall for her lies, she was probably relieved when hurricane Faye came through. IMO...she hoped that the hurricane made that garbage bag with Caylee's remains disappear somehow. After months and months passed...she probably hoped that the bones...ALL of the bones...would have been scattered and that Caylee would have never been found. IMHO One more thing...I think that she had probably planned on saying that the Nanny killed Caylee...but was going to try and pin it on her ( KC)...that is why she was found so close to the house.

Agreed I never heard that either.
"This Cant be happening"

There is no proof that has been released that SHE put Caylee there.

There still is discussion as to whether someone else moved the body.

I really don't think her reaction is indicative of much at all, except for turning red in the face. I am sure that she practiced what she would do if this moment ever came, however her face gave her away. People turn red from embarrasment or being "caught" in front of others. People blanch when they are emotionally shocked. KC turned red. Caught. In front of her only ally - JB.

I think this is spot on.

There's no doubt she knew it was Caylee, and I do think everyone else is right about the reason behind her reaction, but the reaction itself can be interpreted at least two different ways, so I don't think it's as cut and dry (as evidence) as some are suggesting.

I hope that made sense.

I guess it comes down to whether some on the jury reason like you do or like the others do. Interesting that there can be so many different interpretations of things. Makes me worry a little about getting a conviction.

I wouldn't worry too much, there is only a rare few that see it any other way. IMO

Exactly! I would rip her face off if I could.

LOL I know you didn't mean that to be funny, it just read funny. Rip her face off, I love that!! :blowkiss:

I agree.
And also, I don't put much faith in reports of KC's behavoir inside jail. How would we know how she behaved unless someone inside with her posted here? Rumors and speculation in my opinion.

When I first read on a message board that Caylee's remains had been found - I hate to say this, but I thought it was a false alarm. I shruged it off and said I doubted it - and that the bones were prolly not those from a human. Of course - and unfortunately I had to eat my words later because they were indeed Caylee's remains. We had heard so many times before that "bones" had been found and they always turned out to be from those of an animal, so I just figured this was one of those situations. That's why I was taken aback by KC's behavior in jail. It's like she really KNEW this was IT. Of course, I'm projecting here - so many of you all "KNEW", but I was sceptical as all get out.

The person who started this thread is astute--I get what you are saying and if it was admissible at trial it could very well be ascribed your meaning. That said, it's not admissible. KC has invoked her right to remain silent and her right to an attorney. Every employee at the jail is an arm of LE and they cannot use any info they get from her without her attorney being present. So after being told about the find--even if she said to the jailer: Shoot! I never thought they would find her--they can't introduce that at trial. Now if she made the comments to another inmate that would be a different story. Sorry to burst your bubble, this was a really good thread.

The person who started this thread is astute--I get what you are saying and if it was admissible at trial it could very well be ascribed your meaning. That said, it's not admissible. KC has invoked her right to remain silent and her right to an attorney. Every employee at the jail is an arm of LE and they cannot use any info they get from her without her attorney being present. So after being told about the find--even if she said to the jailer: Shoot! I never thought they would find her--they can't introduce that at trial. Now if she made the comments to another inmate that would be a different story. Sorry to burst your bubble, this was a really good thread.

More than one jailer at John Couey's (sp?) trial testified about things he'd said directly to them. And, iirc, they also were able to testify to behaviors they witnessed.

Everything you say and do.......

More than one jailer at John Couey's (sp?) trial testified about things he'd said directly to them. And, iirc, they also were able to testify to behaviors they witnessed.

Everything you say and do.......
I can assure you that correctional staff duly recorded her reaction in her personel file.
Which can be called into evidence if they are called to testify what they observed which is admisable.
Thats exactly why Correctional Officers ahve to document everything that happens on their shift.
They testify in court all the time.

There are several slips of the tongue that may hurt KC's defense if they're admissible in trial, but they're really just circumstantial and don't prove anything. Pirate makes a good point... she (reportedly) flipped out when remains were found. She (reportedly) did not flip out when the little find was announced at the Econ that turned out to be nothing. Also, her faux pas in her conversation with her parents... "they'll throw all of this back in my face when it goes to trial"... LONG before any remains had been found, and KC was still insisting Caylee was alive.

Someone mentioned that it would be a natural reaction to become upset if your child were missing and bones were found in a close vicinity to your home. And that the reaction to the find in the little econ river versus the find at Suburban and Hopespring made sense because of ther proximity.

We all know that Suburban and Hopespring is about 1/4 mile from Casey's home.

Blanchard Park is 2 miles from the Anthony home.

So the distance thing is, in my opinion, irrlelvant.

OT...are we allowed to use this thread for other things that may or may not be used at trial, or do we need to stick to the OP's questions?

Great idea! If I can, I'm going to change the title here to read What is Admissible at Trial?

The thread is over 24 hours old so I'm not sure if I can- if not, maybe a mod would do this for me?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back